(Phil ) < Crack Trooper >
Michigan
Gone  

Edited: 10/09/2016 at 12:08 PM by phillip1b

Sep 23, 2016 at 11:58:00 AM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
I know this a "Post to give away free stuff" but since I need some free stuff for the Good of Mankind cart collector's, I figured I'd ASK about this.

I am looking for old, yellowed carts of "throw-away" games. They can be for any system and any game, so long as they are so common, they are practically "free". Also, stickers must be reasonably intact. They DO NOT have to be perfect and can have writing on them but at least part of the sticker must be present.

Why am I asking for this and, probably, breaking the rules of this post? For science! As many of you may know carts and systems turn yellow due to some of the chemicals in the plastic reacting to UV light and this reaction can be reversed if you bathe the device in a Hydro-Peroxide solution and expose it to UV light. This works wonders with the right cocktail HOWEVER this does not work well on the stickers. If you want to restore these carts, you have to carefully paint the solution with a thickening agent AROUND the sticker, or you have to try to remove the label with a heat gun, which I doubt does work well on older stickers and can still damage them if you don't know what you're doing.

It is my goal to take yellowed carts and try to modify the H2O2 solution so that stickers can be submersed in the solution as well, without causing any damage. Fluid in, and of, itself doesn't necessarily damage stickers. In fact, some fluids can even be used to restore paper. If I can get my hands on a set of old carts, I can start doing the chemical/experimental research to come up with a "perfect" solution.

Of course, I'll post my findings here and share. I'm not looking to patent anything. This information is to valuable to the community and the collectibles to withhold to one's self. Also, though I'm asking for free cartridges, I'm willing to pay for shipping. I could completely fail at this and, if I do, hopefully nothing will be lost but 5 SMB/Duck Hunt carts and 7 Tetrises (or Tetrii??)

-------------------------
Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Sep 23, 2016 at 12:49:14 PM
Double0seven (5)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
Originally posted by: acidjaguar

I'm not going to use it, so might as well pass it along:

Retro City Rampage - Steam DL code
Retro City Rampage - Bandcamp Soundtrack code

Just quote me

You still have this by any chance ? Sorry i've been gone awhile haha

Follow Mine and my girlfriends gaming account on Instagram! ---------> Th3p0w3rc0upl3

Nes- 351 (58 Complete)   N64- 59 (12 Complete)   SNES- 33  (17 Complete) 
^^ I have no idea anymore, I can't keep up on this shit.

Sep 24, 2016 at 9:14:56 PM
Stryphos (306)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Updated my post on page 1 with some free gamecube controllers ...

aaaaaaaand they're gone.

Haves     |     Wants

Edited: 09/24/2016 at 09:34 PM by Stryphos

Sep 24, 2016 at 9:17:31 PM
acidjaguar (668)
(Lloyd Christmas) < Bowser >
Montana
Originally posted by: Stryphos

Updated my post on page 1 with some free gamecube controllers ...

Uhh, schyeah!  I'll take them

Please see the new goodness:   www.videogamesage.com

Sep 25, 2016 at 4:16:05 PM
garbanzo (6)
< Little Mac >
Colorado
I have 10 of these cases, they each hold 6 DS/3DS games. If you throw me enough $ to cover First Class postage, they're yours. US only.

Oct 3, 2016 at 12:46:12 PM
VGS_captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: garbanzo

I have 10 of these cases, they each hold 6 DS/3DS games. If you throw me enough $ to cover First Class postage, they're yours. US only.

I'll take those if you still have them. Thanks!

Oct 15, 2016 at 9:47:57 PM
TriggerRedd (0)
(Scott Strichart) < Cherub >
California
Hey guys! Literally my first post here, so I just want to make sure I understand the rules of this thread so I don't break them on my first post -- In order to GIVE something away, I need to have an appropriate level of feedback/2 months of membership? I'm hoping that the rule applied to claiming free stuff. Heh.

Like many of you, I'm an old school collector, and I've been a game-stuff packrat my whole life. My mom recently sold my childhood home, which meant I had to pick up a lot of NES stuff I had no intention of dealing with at this stage in my life... lol. I'm here at NA because I want this stuff to have a good home, and while yes, I may go to eBay for some of it, there is much of it that's not worth the effort but could still very well be appreciated by people like you.

Right now I'm mostly interested in giving away a bunch of good-to-great condition boxes for NES games I never owned in the first place. I won't go to the bother of taking a picture and listing them though if I'm not allowed to give away stuff yet.   Thank you all!

Oct 15, 2016 at 10:01:54 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
6. To participate you MUST have been a NintendoAGE member for a MINIMUM of 2 Months or have at LEAST 5 FEEDBACK.

It is a little vague and I would imagine it was put in place to not have people join just to claim free stuff. To give away anything, I am sure there would be no minimum. Perhaps you can ask a mod or maybe a moderator can chime in.

By the way, welcome to NA! Feel free to introduce yourself in the appropriate section.  

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Edited: 10/15/2016 at 10:02 PM by Mega Tank

Oct 16, 2016 at 5:19:55 PM
TriggerRedd (0)
California
Okay gents (and ladies if you're here,) I got the go-ahead from the mods to be able to give away stuff. Long as I'm not making claims, I'm good to go.

I got a few PMs about these, but I don't think it would be fair to go to those before I'd even posted them in the thread proper. Sorry if that irks anyone who really wanted them. So onto the goods:

[CLAIMED BY CZero, THANKS FOR PLAYING! A WINNER IS YOU!]

Lord of the Rings Argonath statues not included.

First responses get 'em, not playing any favorites. I reserve the right to take as long as I need to find suitable shipping packages and get these boys to the post office. Can only ship to continental US, any further, and you'll have to support the shipping cost. Shipping cost otherwise is paid by me, with reimbursement optional.

Edited: 10/16/2016 at 05:35 PM by TriggerRedd

Oct 16, 2016 at 5:24:14 PM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia
I need all these! You're awesome!

I do have over 10 transactions but some don't have feedback. I can go ahead and muster another or you can count the ONE my twin brother has (every trade we do is collectively "ours").  

I plan on giving back IN SPADES! My plan is to use them to make custom boxes for crafty people with print and cut machines.

Edited: 10/16/2016 at 05:30 PM by CZroe

Oct 16, 2016 at 5:27:35 PM
LifeGame (63)
(M D) < El Ripper >
Quebec
Let me have life force come on

NES games to finish my licensed set -S.E. :  DOWN TO 2

LITTLE SAMSON, DINO PEAK

NES licensed : 674/677

Oct 16, 2016 at 5:28:51 PM
CZroe (31)
Georgia
Originally posted by: LifeGame

Let me have life force come on
If he lets me have 'em I'll gladly pass it on even though I don't have that one. Just let me do what I need to do with it first.  

Oct 16, 2016 at 5:29:52 PM
TriggerRedd (0)
California
CZroe > Rules say you only need to have 5 feedback, not 10 transactions, so technically they're yours. PM me your address if you want.

Life Game > You can ask Kraid Killer if he's willing to part with Life Force.   Fair warning, it's the worst condition of the bunch, with a dent on the lower right corner.

Edited: 10/16/2016 at 05:35 PM by TriggerRedd

Oct 16, 2016 at 5:30:20 PM
LifeGame (63)
(M D) < El Ripper >
Quebec
Ok sure thx

NES games to finish my licensed set -S.E. :  DOWN TO 2

LITTLE SAMSON, DINO PEAK

NES licensed : 674/677

Oct 16, 2016 at 5:34:24 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: TriggerRedd

Kraid Killer > Rules say you only need to have 5 feedback, not 10 transactions, so technically they're yours. PM me your address if you want.

Life Game > You can ask Kraid Killer if he's willing to part with Life Force.   Fair warning, it's the worst condition of the bunch, with a dent on the lower right corner.

By the way, the username is ABOVE the avatar.   The member you call "Kraid Killer" is CZroe.

Oct 16, 2016 at 5:34:58 PM
TriggerRedd (0)
California
Oh balls. Thanks, editing my post... lol

Oct 16, 2016 at 5:35:56 PM
CZroe (31)
Georgia

Kraid Killer > Rules say you only need to have 5 feedback, not 10 transactions, so technically they're yours. PM me your address if you want.

Thank you so much! I'll be spreading the wealth for sure. I had hoped to contribute to this thread before accepting anything but this was too good to pass up and I will be paying it forward in other ways that directly involve these.

Oct 16, 2016 at 5:37:19 PM
NESking80 (15)
(Chris aka inspector Callahan ) < Kraid Killer >
Michigan
Originally posted by: CZroe

I do have over 10 transactions but some don't have feedback. I can go ahead and muster another or you can count the ONE my twin brother has (every trade we do is collectively "ours").  

I plan on giving back IN SPADES! My plan is to use them to make custom boxes for crafty people with print and cut machines.
Dude can i have the metal gear one plz?

Oct 16, 2016 at 5:40:48 PM
TWarwick07 (85)
(Kung Fu Master) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
CZ Roe is the man !!

He is paying it forward already .... thanks dude

Oct 16, 2016 at 5:40:51 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario

Okay gents (and ladies if you're here,) I got the go-ahead from the mods to be able to give away stuff. Long as I'm not making claims, I'm good to go.

I got a few PMs about these, but I don't think it would be fair to go to those before I'd even posted them in the thread proper. Sorry if that irks anyone who really wanted them. So onto the goods:

First responses get 'em, not playing any favorites. I reserve the right to take as long as I need to find suitable shipping packages and get these boys to the post office. Can only ship to continental US, any further, and you'll have to support the shipping cost. Shipping cost otherwise is paid by me, with reimbursement optional.

What an entrance, welcome to NA.

Playas Guide Logo

Oct 16, 2016 at 5:54:32 PM
TheFinder (47)
< King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: ne$_pimp

No kidding! Welcome, TriggerRedd

To the Finder...
The Isle of Koholint is but an illusion...
Human, monster, sea, sky...
A scene on the lid of a sleeper's eye...
Awake the dreamer, and Koholint will vanish much like a bubble on a needle...
Cast-away, you should know the Truth!

My FS/WTB threads: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Oct 16, 2016 at 6:11:06 PM
CZroe (31)
Georgia
Originally posted by: NESking80

Originally posted by: CZroe

Dude can i have the metal gear one plz?
I probably won't have my print and cut machine until after Black Friday (haven't even decided on Cricut Explorer or Silhouette Cameo) and I don't even know if the scanner I have is appropriate, so it won't be quick but it's yours. I'll let you know when I'm done with it.

Because I need a lot more boxes to start this project it's probably more productive for me to swap the rest to get more scannable boxes. I want to do as much scanning as possible myself.

No worries, NA: the print and cut boxes will not be confused with retail boxes! Think "TheCoverProject," but for boxes that will fit on the shelf alongside your legitimately boxed games without standing out terribly (original-looking spines and top label, very different front/back and flaps).

Edited: 10/16/2016 at 06:14 PM by CZroe

Oct 16, 2016 at 6:11:59 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: TheFinder

Originally posted by: ne$_pimp

No kidding! Welcome, TriggerRedd

Consider yourselves lucky as I do not collect boxes. Otherwise I had these within 15 min!  

Oct 17, 2016 at 7:50:58 AM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Duuuuude...

Except for those who take the high road, I doubt there's anyone on here who would have NOT immediately PMed this guy after posting and asked for the boxes. I don't collect NES carts, but I'd still take some of those for free because those were good games. I personally loved Duck Tales, Operation Wolf and Willow. I'd love to have those boxes on my shelf.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~