Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

sticker sealed gyromite price check?

LOCKED TOPIC

Oct 12, 2014 at 3:34:53 AM
SoloJones (2)

< Little Mac >
I have a sticker sealed Gyromite with a mint hang tab and mint box. How much is this worth?

Oct 12, 2014 at 3:37:45 AM
SoloJones (2)

< Little Mac >
I hear this is kind of the holy grail of gaming. So am I sitting on a 2 thousand dollar item? 5? 10k?

Oct 12, 2014 at 3:42:09 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
K.Thrower (120)
(Kenny Boy) < Master Higgins >
Colorado
Would be tough to pin a price without taking offers, but this is definitely a tough find since it was basically only available this way in a deluxe set. Is the rest of the set new and unused as well?

-------------------------
Ready for adventure!
www.watagames.com...

Oct 12, 2014 at 3:48:02 AM
SoloJones (2)

< Little Mac >
Rob is completely untouched. The console, controllers, zapper and duck hunt are used. Still have box and manual for duck hunt as well.

Oct 12, 2014 at 3:48:46 AM
SoloJones (2)

< Little Mac >
The box it all comes in is in amazing shape as well

Oct 12, 2014 at 3:49:12 AM
SoloJones (2)

< Little Mac >
Originally posted by: K.Thrower

Would be tough to pin a price without taking offers, but this is definitely a tough find since it was basically only available this way in a deluxe set. Is the rest of the set new and unused as well?

See above

Oct 12, 2014 at 6:58:35 AM
sephiaya (9)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Australia
Send it to VGA (vvgrader.com) and get it graded (it looks crispy); then put it on ebay with a bin of 10K and see what roles in.

Oct 12, 2014 at 10:07:44 AM
SoloJones (2)

< Little Mac >
Originally posted by: sephiaya

Send it to VGA (vvgrader.com) and get it graded (it looks crispy); then put it on ebay with a bin of 10K and see what roles in.

10k, really?

Oct 12, 2014 at 10:50:14 AM
zeldaboy (162)
(Andrew DeRouin) < King Solomon >
Florida
I think he means put 10K OBO on it and see what kind of offers you get. Not that you would necessarily get 10K. Looks nice though! Get it graded for sure.

Looking again, maybe the sticker was moved at some point? Can sortof see the outline of where the sticker might have been previously.

Edited: 10/12/2014 at 10:52 AM by zeldaboy

Oct 12, 2014 at 10:56:06 AM
SoloJones (2)

< Little Mac >
Originally posted by: zeldaboy

I think he means put 10K OBO on it and see what kind of offers you get. Not that you would necessarily get 10K. Looks nice though! Get it graded for sure.

Looking again, maybe the sticker was moved at some point? Can sortof see the outline of where the sticker might have been previously.

Only thing I can figure is it might have slid at some point. It has definitely never been removed. It has been sitting in a box in the end room for 25 years.

Oct 12, 2014 at 3:58:32 PM
sephiaya (9)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Australia
Yeah I meant with an obo. It looks good so should grade nicely, which would mean a nice ending price for you.

Either way good luck.

Oct 12, 2014 at 7:09:54 PM
SoloJones (2)

< Little Mac >
Originally posted by: sephiaya

Yeah I meant with an obo. It looks good so should grade nicely, which would mean a nice ending price for you.

Either way good luck.

Thanks man I appreciate your help!

Oct 13, 2014 at 6:00:49 PM
eightbithero (25)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(The Hero ) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
This set included Duck Hunt sticker sealed as well if I'm not mistaken. If this game was flopping around in the portion where there should be two CIB games with only one boxed game, for 28 years....that's bad news. Anybody saying put it on eBay for 10K doesn't have a clue. You can put it on there for a 100k too. It's ONLY worth what somebody is willing to pay. Also, all of this stuff is work, maybe you'll get it graded, maybe you'll put it on eBay, a lot easier said than done. Nobody knows the grade it will get, so any pricing given is pure speculation. It's a rare item and difficult to price accurately without a ton of factors considered. You posting ZOMG I have a sticker sealed gyromite over and over and posting poorish quality pictures are not going to get you an accurate quote.

Oct 13, 2014 at 6:05:37 PM
eightbithero (25)
Illinois
The highest value VGA graded NES games have all been relisted, realistic high value sales are in the 2k-3k range with 25% of roughly 600 items listed sold. List it for 10K and see what happens is a joke.

Oct 13, 2014 at 7:10:29 PM
Badger (0)
< Little Mac >
Illinois
Originally posted by: eightbithero

This set included Duck Hunt sticker sealed as well if I'm not mistaken. If this game was flopping around in the portion where there should be two CIB games with only one boxed game, for 28 years....that's bad news. Anybody saying put it on eBay for 10K doesn't have a clue. You can put it on there for a 100k too. It's ONLY worth what somebody is willing to pay. Also, all of this stuff is work, maybe you'll get it graded, maybe you'll put it on eBay, a lot easier said than done. Nobody knows the grade it will get, so any pricing given is pure speculation. It's a rare item and difficult to price accurately without a ton of factors considered. You posting ZOMG I have a sticker sealed gyromite over and over and posting poorish quality pictures are not going to get you an accurate quote.

Thank you, someone with some sense.

Oct 13, 2014 at 7:25:54 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States

The highest value VGA graded NES games have all been relisted, realistic high value sales are in the 2k-3k range with 25% of roughly 600 items listed sold. List it for 10K and see what happens is a joke.

Perhaps it is a joke but a free to try joke. 

He needs to send it to VGA first. A black sticker sealed game with a decent score will do very well. It all depends on the grade. 

Oct 13, 2014 at 7:30:31 PM
Retroman86 (20)
(matt williams) < Meka Chicken >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: buyatari2

He needs to send it to VGA first. A black sticker sealed game with a decent score will do very well. It all depends on the grade. 
yes this would fetch several thousand with a decent grade.

Oct 13, 2014 at 8:14:17 PM
eightbithero (25)
Illinois
Originally posted by: buyatari2

True, but in the pictures the sticker seal looks like it was moved or adjusted. Don't lowball him on a game that will most likely have to be Q graded...

Oct 13, 2014 at 8:27:20 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec

Was it necessary to say it all with a condescending attitude? All he wants is some help about pricing it, not a full detailed record of everything you found stupid in this thread.

Oct 13, 2014 at 8:31:06 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
To verify if the game is truly unopened, you need to verify if there's a crease forming on the spine at the back, where the game would normally get opened. Look carefully, any sign of a crease would mean the game has been opened.

From the few pics provided, the game truly seem to be in awesome condition, so try to keep it that way before selling it. Given the game is unopened, I would suggest to send it to VGA cause this might help you selling it. As far as price go, it is hard to estimate without getting more detail;ed pictures (or knowing the grade it will get), but 2-3k is definitely not out of the line.

Oct 14, 2014 at 3:28:26 PM
SoloJones (2)

< Little Mac >
So much hate for no reason. This will not be qualified

Edited: 10/14/2014 at 03:32 PM by SoloJones

Oct 14, 2014 at 3:31:12 PM
SoloJones (2)

< Little Mac >
It has never been opened. There is no crease on the back. That dude must be mad because he will never come across one of these in this life in this condition. In regards to the sticker, the only thing I can figure is that over 28 years, the adhesive slid due to the expansion and contraction of the box in the changing westher.

Oct 14, 2014 at 6:58:47 PM
eightbithero (25)
Illinois
Originally posted by: SoloJones

It has never been opened. There is no crease on the back. That dude must be mad because he will never come across one of these in this life in this condition. In regards to the sticker, the only thing I can figure is that over 28 years, the adhesive slid due to the expansion and contraction of the box in the changing westher.

The adhesive sliding over time is your guess. VGA doesn't deal with guesses. I know from experience. You've never had anything graded in your life. If somebody wants to make a side bet that this game will be not Q graded I'm all ears. Mods can escrow it.

Edited: 10/14/2014 at 07:01 PM by eightbithero

Oct 14, 2014 at 7:01:47 PM
ZombieGuyGeezus (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
Damn, Im a bettin man too. But I wont take that bet. Sorry sir.

VideoGameSage.com

Oct 14, 2014 at 7:54:22 PM
SoloJones (2)

< Little Mac >

Originally posted by: SoloJones

The adhesive sliding over time is your guess. VGA doesn't deal with guesses. I know from experience. You've never had anything graded in your life. If somebody wants to make a side bet that this game will be not Q graded I'm all ears. Mods can escrow it.

Someone is mad. How do you figure itll get q graded when there is no crease whatsoever on the back? Explain that one. Also, I KNOW it has never bee. Opened because it has been sitting in the end room for 29 years untouched. Why do you even care? Please remove yourself from my thread. Im not sure if there is a jealousy thread on here or not but I think that is where you should be posting.