Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Favorite Beers? What are some of your favorite beers to enjoy while gaming or just in general?

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:12:02 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
I enjoy big double IPAs and Stouts/Porters. Anything with big bold flavors i usually enjoy. I live in a good area for craft beers being in Portland Oregon! So i try alot of new ones regularly. Had bought a copy of Wild Guns recently and it showed up yesterday so i celebrated a little and enjoyed two of my favorites, Perfect Storm & Hop Henge! Also tried a new one that i think you guys'll appreciate! Couldnt pass it up! Even found the perfect game to go with that 1!

-------------------------
"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:13:21 PM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Pabst Blue Ribbon, Miller High Life and Grain Belt Nordeast are what is normally found in my fridge. Fosters is great too but a little more spendy.

May the force be with you.

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:15:11 PM
Rezqua (51)
< El Ripper >
Arizona
MUG, IBC, A&W, it's all good to me

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:17:25 PM
Philosoraptor (52)
< King Solomon >
Texas
Originally posted by: Rezqua

I was about to say...aren't you like 15? Why do you know about beer?

And then I'm like, yeah, I like this guy's taste in beer.

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:24:08 PM
jfreakofkorn (23)
< King Solomon >
United States
Gösser Bier .. had this beer at when I lived aboard and it took a bit but I managed to find it state side =0)

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:24:09 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
My default "go-to" beer is Sam Adams (or any seasonal brew that's available). Other favorites are Shock Top, Guinness, or Red's Apple Ale., depending on my mood.

Edited: 04/22/2015 at 01:24 PM by AstralSoul13

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:24:30 PM
Rezqua (51)
< El Ripper >
Arizona
Originally posted by: Philosoraptor

I crack myself up

One time when I was like 3 or 4 my dad and I were at the Kroger/Fry's getting something to cook for dinner. We stopped on the way in and we both got a soda, and I got a root beer. It was one of the IBC in a glass bottle. Through the whole store he was messing with me, asking me "Is that a real beer Dominic? That looks like a real beer..." "Put that down! You can't drink beer!" and I kept responding "It's just a root beer". This went on for like 30 minutes, and I got progressively more insistant as it went on. He was laughing his ass off. "Have you ever tasted a real beer? How would you know if it was one?" At this point I was half yelling it "It's. Just. A. Root. Beer.". Not 2 minutes later, some old lady tries to come up and say hi to the cute looking little kid, and I YELLED "IT'S JUST A ROOT BEER!" and she like shit herself. Moderately amusing story.

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:28:35 PM
Philosoraptor (52)
< King Solomon >
Texas

I crack myself up

One time when I was like 3 or 4 my dad and I were at the Kroger/Fry's getting something to cook for dinner. We stopped on the way in and we both got a soda, and I got a root beer. It was one of the IBC in a glass bottle. Through the whole store he was messing with me, asking me "Is that a real beer Dominic? That looks like a real beer..." "Put that down! You can't drink beer!" and I kept responding "It's just a root beer". This went on for like 30 minutes, and I got progressively more insistant as it went on. He was laughing his ass off. "Have you ever tasted a real beer? How would you know if it was one?" At this point I was half yelling it "It's. Just. A. Root. Beer.". Not 2 minutes later, some old lady tries to come up and say hi to the cute looking little kid, and I YELLED "IT'S JUST A ROOT BEER!" and she like shit herself. Moderately amusing story.

Gawd. I used to always get the A&W in the glass bottles when I went to Red Lobster as a kid and my family would do the exact same thing to me. Eventually, someone actually gave me a small sip of Coors Light or whatever they were drinking and I spit it back up on them. That was the last time anyone hassled me about Root Beer, and ironically, the last time we went to Red Lobster. I think I won on both accounts.

Edited: 04/22/2015 at 01:29 PM by Philosoraptor

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:30:13 PM
Rezqua (51)
< El Ripper >
Arizona

I crack myself up

Gawd. I used to always get the A&W in the glass bottles when I went to Red Lobster as a kid and my family would do the exact same thing to me. Eventually, someone actually gave me a small sip of Coors Light or whatever they were drinking and I spit it back up on them. That was the last time anyone hassled me about Root Beer, and ironically, the last time we went to Red Lobster. I think I won in the end.

I don't really like fish, but it's hysterical to watch the looks I get when I make a meal of 3 or 4 baskets of cheese roll things that they bring out free.

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:30:29 PM
MAIL_BAG (151)
(Rip ) < King Solomon >
Virginia
Either craft IPA or Guinness draught.

Life is too short to drink piss beer.

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:31:17 PM
th0rpe (36)
(JT ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
I dont drink often, but when I do, I usually choose to pick up Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier. If not available (which it never is if Im at a restaurant), I like Stella Artois or Heineken.

Edited: 04/22/2015 at 01:32 PM by th0rpe

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:32:26 PM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota

I crack myself up

That was very funny  lol

May the force be with you.

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:33:01 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
Old Milwaukee Light, but I can't find it on the west coast :\

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:33:59 PM
Rezqua (51)
< El Ripper >
Arizona
Originally posted by: th0rpe

I dont drink often, but when I do, I usually choose to pick up Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier. If not available (which it never is if Im at a restaurant), I like Stella Artois or Heineken.

drink Dos Equis. 

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:35:27 PM
Philosoraptor (52)
< King Solomon >
Texas

I crack myself up

Gawd. I used to always get the A&W in the glass bottles when I went to Red Lobster as a kid and my family would do the exact same thing to me. Eventually, someone actually gave me a small sip of Coors Light or whatever they were drinking and I spit it back up on them. That was the last time anyone hassled me about Root Beer, and ironically, the last time we went to Red Lobster. I think I won in the end.

I don't really like fish, but it's hysterical to watch the looks I get when I make a meal of 3 or 4 baskets of cheese roll things that they bring out free.

You have the right idea. Those cheese rolls and the cheese sticks are where it's at. The fish there is crap. Red Lobster and Long John Silvers were the only fish places in my hometown for a long while, and I always saw more cars at Long John Silvers.

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:38:43 PM
Rezqua (51)
< El Ripper >
Arizona

I crack myself up

You have the right idea. Those cheese rolls and the cheese sticks are where it's at. The fish there is crap. Red Lobster and Long John Silvers were the only fish places in my hometown for a long while, and I always saw more cars at Long John Silvers.
I just don't really like fish at all, but I used to eat the hushpuppies at LJS when my family would go. I thought it was dog meat for a while when I was little... I wasn't am not the sharpest tool in the shed

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:41:02 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
I like Killian's and Smithwick's with a meal.

Bluegrass Brewing Co. (local) has a bourbon barrel stout that I like.

I don't really have a single go-to, I like a lot of different beers.

It's probably easier to list what I don't like, lol. Bud Light, Bud Select, and every single Pale Ale ever made. Yep much easier to list

Edited: 04/22/2015 at 01:43 PM by Br81zad

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:45:02 PM
Silent Hill (131)
(A-A-Ron ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Abita - Amber
North Coast - Scrimshaw
Fat Tire
Smithwicks

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:46:32 PM
Silent Hill (131)
(A-A-Ron ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: th0rpe

Stella is pretty solid. It's my fiances favorite. 

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:49:55 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
I'm huge into craft beer, my favorites being sours, specifically lambics from Cantillon and Drie Fonteinen. I'm looking for someone near Tillamook, Oregon and also someone near Capitola/Santa Cruz, CA to help me grab some local beer. Shoot me a message if you can help.

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Edited: 04/22/2015 at 01:50 PM by doner24

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:51:45 PM
JNovo79 (120)
(Grumpy ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Illinois
I'm almost at 1,000 beers on untappd...

hhttp://www.ebay.com/sch/jnovo79/m...; <-- eBay, games & also not-games

Pie > Cake
Unashamed Evil Reseller & Sega Fanboy
@JNovo79 on twitter... mostly me bitching about how being a lawyer is lame

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:52:49 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
I'm perfectly content drinking Keystone/Coors all day every day.

If I want to get fancy I drink Red Stripe or Sapporo.

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:55:50 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Originally posted by: MAIL_BAG

Either craft IPA or Guinness draught.

Life is too short to drink piss beer.

Well said!

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:58:39 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Originally posted by: doner24

I'm huge into craft beer, my favorites being sours, specifically lambics from Cantillon and Drie Fonteinen. I'm looking for someone near Tillamook, Oregon and also someone near Capitola/Santa Cruz, CA to help me grab some local beer. Shoot me a message if you can help.

The whole foods by me has a great selection. It's usually my go to for beer. I also hear hanks & new seasons has a good selection, maybe you could find one near you!

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:59:36 PM
theirontoupee (53)
< Bowser >
Texas
Beer - XXs

Root Beer - Barq's and IBC

WTB Thread (Always looking for Exertainment related items)

FO/FT Thread - Xbox, PS1, Gamecube, and more!

NintendoAge Official Exertainment Thread!!!