5 screw jaws variant Value?

Jun 11, 2011 at 3:56:49 AM
ZOMG! (30)
(NES 001) < Meka Chicken >
California
Originally posted by: 0xero0

Originally posted by: ZOMG

Originally posted by: Tanooki

I know it's shady, but screw em. Just email him and say you did a final test before doing postage and it's defective. You cleaned it inside and out and no matter what on multiple decks it won't work. Then refund the guy and call it done and/or offer to track down another Jaws and send it to him free of cost due to the headache.

Does it really matter? Just get another Jaws and replace that back with a five screw and you'll have another 5-Screw Jaws.

You can't put a 5 screw back on a 3 screw front. If you could, nobody would collect screw variants.

Lol. I just realized that as well. I forgot that the inside of carts have the "poles" that the screw goes in. Thanks for the correction.

-------------------------

FS: SNES/N64/NES Taking Systems In Trade

Jun 11, 2011 at 3:33:09 PM
Strife (62)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Like I said, he bought it, and I'm not going to rip him off lol. Its his now. I didn't know I had anything special until yesterday anyway.

Jun 11, 2011 at 3:35:31 PM
Berserker (41)
(< • • ll Andrew O. ll • • >) < Kraid Killer >
New Hampshire

I know it's shady, but screw em. Just email him and say you did a final test before doing postage and it's defective. You cleaned it inside and out and no matter what on multiple decks it won't work. Then refund the guy and call it done and/or offer to track down another Jaws and send it to him free of cost due to the headache.

Edited: 06/14/2011 at 07:31 PM by Berserker

Jun 11, 2011 at 3:55:25 PM
ihavethatpma (324)
(Doombutt Jazzmouth) < Bowser >
Washington
What if it was you guys that bought the 5 screw on eBay for $2.95, and the guy writes back with "it's defective, I can't send it to you." You'd probably make a thread here bitching about how eBay is fucked and the sellers are scumbags while wiping tears from your vaginas.

Jun 11, 2011 at 4:08:31 PM
removed04092017 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Bowser >
Other
You'd probably just say "Give it to me, it doesn't have to work" and swap in a good jaws board.

Jun 11, 2011 at 5:29:30 PM
nowhereKansas (1)

(Travis J) < Cherub >
United States
I am glad that unlike most of you he is honest as i am the one that bought it from him.  I highly recommend buying from another castle on ebay as you can tell he is a very honest person and will treat you right.  I will gladly do business with him again

Jun 11, 2011 at 5:32:22 PM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
Originally posted by: nowhereKansas

I am glad that unlike most of you he is honest as i am the one that bought it from him.  I highly recommend buying from another castle on ebay as you can tell he is a very honest person and will treat you right.  I will gladly do business with him again

I also highly respect people who are honest, even when no one is looking or know they could get away with being dishonest, so Strife, I salute you. Also, welcome to NA Travis!

Jun 11, 2011 at 7:03:50 PM
nothingface023 (60)
(Andy C) < Lolo Lord >
Ohio

Welcome to NA, dude!  I'll add you to the Variant list since you bought the 5-screw Jaws.  Check out the list while you're here to see if you have any of the others:

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Have any Odd or Rare Variants?  Post 'em here:  http://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo...

Jun 11, 2011 at 7:08:58 PM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: laserman81

I also highly respect people who are honest, even when no one is looking or know they could get away with being dishonest, so Strife, I salute you. Also, welcome to NA Travis!

Welcome to NA!

Jun 11, 2011 at 7:15:06 PM
nothingface023 (60)
(Andy C) < Lolo Lord >
Ohio
Thank you for doing the right thing, Strife.

Have any Odd or Rare Variants?  Post 'em here:  http://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo...

Jun 11, 2011 at 7:15:51 PM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

Please sir, most of the people on this site are honest and trustworthy. I hope you decide to stick around as we love new members. Especially ones that are into variant hunting.

Jun 11, 2011 at 7:38:13 PM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
I would say alot of us are, but I could understand how he could think otherwise, for all the people telling him to ship a 3 screw out.

Epic thread. Good read

And Welcome to NA man!

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

Jun 11, 2011 at 7:39:31 PM
milligangames (407)
(Patrick Milligan) < King Solomon >
New York
Originally posted by: pats1717

Please sir, most of the people on this site are honest and trustworthy. I hope you decide to stick around as we love new members. Especially ones that are into variant hunting.

Exactly. I've had things like this happen before a dozen times (caught the fact that I was letting something go for way less than I should have before shipping it), and the thought of keeping the item after the sale never even entered my mind. Most of us are cool dudes, there are only a couple of people who would screw the customer in this situation, and they are the same people who would make a thread bitching about the situation if they were on the receiving end.

Jun 11, 2011 at 7:54:19 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington

Another Castle?
As in the Another Castle in the PacNW?

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Jun 12, 2011 at 12:16:34 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon

just if people are wondering - this ^ is type of thing of mentality will send you packing here on NA.

We are honest people and I commend the seller for doing the right thing. 

Tanooki had it coming a long time and this was the last straw.

eBay listings here

Jun 12, 2011 at 12:27:15 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
@strife good on you for being honest and following through. it's disappointing to see others advocating deceit.

@kansas welcome to the site!

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Jun 13, 2011 at 1:27:07 AM
Strife (62)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Hey Travis, I'm glad you joined up, and I appreciate the positive comments. Guys, I'm only Another_Castle on Ebay. If you see Another_Castle somewhere else, it isn't me. I've been confused with some person on amazon already, lol.

Jun 13, 2011 at 8:10:14 PM
Max Velocity (38)
< Kraid Killer >
Nova Scotia
Originally posted by: qixmaster

just if people are wondering - this ^ is type of thing of mentality will send you packing here on NA.

Whoa, are you saying Tanooki is booted from Nintendo Age? That seems a bit harsh. I know that he was a post whore but he didn't seem like a bad guy to me.

SNES - 660

Jun 13, 2011 at 8:19:30 PM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
Originally posted by: duncan

Whoa, are you saying Tanooki is booted from Nintendo Age? That seems a bit harsh. I know that he was a post whore but he didn't seem like a bad guy to me.

Yes, that is what happened. It does not seem very fair seeing how several other people actually agreed or said the same thing. I have seen people do far worse things that this and are still here.

Jun 13, 2011 at 8:28:31 PM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
A little bit harsh to ban Tanooki for that, maybe it's just for a few weeks?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Jun 13, 2011 at 8:43:23 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Man I take a vacation and miss all the NA action, go figure.

As far as value goes, I wouldn't worry about it. Screw collectors are very niche and I don't see this going through the roof to $100 or anything like that. Most screw rarities debut around the highest price they will ever sell for, and then slowly depreciate over time as demand wanes.

But huge kudos for honoring the sale, that's how respectful people conduct business.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jun 13, 2011 at 9:25:47 PM
mighty one (4)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Paul Thomas) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
I just picked up a 5 screw Balloon Fight but I'm guessing it's not that rare as it isn't in that specialized thread.

Jun 13, 2011 at 9:40:01 PM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
Originally posted by: ihavethatpma

What if it was you guys that bought the 5 screw on eBay for $2.95, and the guy writes back with "it's defective, I can't send it to you." You'd probably make a thread here bitching about how eBay is fucked and the sellers are scumbags while wiping tears from your vaginas.

You always have a way with words, my friend!!

Jun 13, 2011 at 9:48:13 PM
final fight cd (57)
(serious mustache ) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Originally posted by: ihavethatpma

i was just going to post something similar this.  it seems like "ebay suck" threads are pretty regular on this site and it is a shame to see so many users suggesting ways to fudge the deal.  

Jun 13, 2011 at 10:17:34 PM
nothingface023 (60)
(Andy C) < Lolo Lord >
Ohio
Originally posted by: laserman81

Originally posted by: duncan

Yes, that is what happened. It does not seem very fair seeing how several other people actually agreed or said the same thing. I have seen people do far worse things that this and are still here.

Well, qixmaster said he had it coming, so there must have been several instances of things he said along those lines.

Also, I'm not one to really call anybody out, but Tanooki's comment was just uncalled for.  Honestly, I was pissed when I read it.  It was not something I expected to hear from an NA member.  I know we're not all perfect, but damn that was just effing wrong.  What makes it even worse is the guy who bought the game actually came to NA, made a profile, and read that comment.  What a shitty first impression he must have gotten!!

I really hope that's not the reason nowhereKansas hasn't posted anymore since his first post.