Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Last issue of the Ezine in the works Looking for layout artist.

Mar 1, 2018 at 9:13:42 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
I got asked about the eZine, so here's an update.

This will probably be my last issue. It's obvious that I'm too busy to keep this going, or at least I have to choose which projects I want to focus on now. I took on the ezine a little because I didnt' want the kid who wanted to bring it back to fail and a little because back in the day some of the old guard didn't want me to help out with the ezine and I wanted to show them I could've been an asset. I believe I succeeded on both fronts.

That being said, it's a lot of work and I have several other projects that also require a lot of work. So I'm going to take some time today to edit the stories that have been submitted, create a layout, and hopefully by the end of the week have a rough draft for the guys that offered to do the graphical design to work on.

I know it was only a handful of issues, but with the ezine, the frontpage, the aftermarket collection, the dragon warrior collection, the expo, the documentary, and not to mention real life stuff I hardly ever mention, I'm getting overloaded. I feel like I'm letting people down, and most of this is for free and with little fanfare. I know people will understand, but it's always hard to come to a realization like this when you had fun once upon a time.

-------------------------

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Mar 1, 2018 at 9:52:09 AM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Thanks for all you've done to keep the ezine alive Christian...

We all get overwhelmed at some point and it's good to see you are limiting your efforts and prioritizing everything...

Mar 1, 2018 at 10:11:07 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

I got asked about the eZine, so here's an update.

This will probably be my last issue. It's obvious that I'm too busy to keep this going, or at least I have to choose which projects I want to focus on now. I took on the ezine a little because I didnt' want the kid who wanted to bring it back to fail and a little because back in the day some of the old guard didn't want me to help out with the ezine and I wanted to show them I could've been an asset. I believe I succeeded on both fronts.

That being said, it's a lot of work and I have several other projects that also require a lot of work. So I'm going to take some time today to edit the stories that have been submitted, create a layout, and hopefully by the end of the week have a rough draft for the guys that offered to do the graphical design to work on.

I know it was only a handful of issues, but with the ezine, the frontpage, the aftermarket collection, the dragon warrior collection, the expo, the documentary, and not to mention real life stuff I hardly ever mention, I'm getting overloaded. I feel like I'm letting people down, and most of this is for free and with little fanfare. I know people will understand, but it's always hard to come to a realization like this when you had fun once upon a time.

Isn't as easy as you thought then?    

I'm glad you kept it afloat as long as you did, but if you go back and look at some of your posts when you first got here, they were of the tone that you were just gonna take this thing and run with it when we all knew how much work it took.   That's probably why you got as much grift as you did in the beginning.

Jul 12, 2018 at 7:00:55 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Edited the articles, created a rough draft for the layout, and handed off the project a few months back. Checked in for progress and they got busy. Suggested I find a new person if possible, otherwise it'll be a while.

I'm neck deep in the Expo, so I can tell you now that I will not be able to find a new person until August. If we're lucky, the previous volunteer may have some time free up. Otherwise, looks like it'll be a fall release.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Feb 21 at 10:20:52 AM
killerkobra (91)
(dean belmont) < Ridley Wrangler >
Alberta
Any new updates Ferris?

Feb 21 at 11:10:05 AM
hybrid (45)
(jeff .) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
I would personally hate to see it die

Feb 21 at 5:28:11 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
If/when a graphic designer comes along to help me, it would get done quicker, but until that time, all the articles are proofed, there's a rough design for the layout, just needed art. I find myself focused on the Earthbound project these days. I'll do this last issue, but then that's it for me. And no timeline on when I will get that done if it's by myself, lol.

Mar 04 at 12:09:42 PM
killerkobra (91)
(dean belmont) < Ridley Wrangler >
Alberta

If/when a graphic designer comes along to help me, it would get done quicker, but until that time, all the articles are proofed, there's a rough design for the layout, just needed art. I find myself focused on the Earthbound project these days. I'll do this last issue, but then that's it for me. And no timeline on when I will get that done if it's by myself, lol.

Fair enough man. I don’t have any skills in putting it all together. Maybe I should try and learn to do it to help out.  

Jun 26 at 12:32:01 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
I was recently asked about the Ezine, so I thought I'd give a short update.

I don't know if you saw, but NA was recently sold to a company. It was unannounced and no one knew about the sale until after the fact. That being said, the E-zine is an unpaid gig. In fact, for the last three issues I had personally paid the graphic designer (which is what I was short on) some money to compensate them for their work and to encourage someone to help, all out of my own pocket. I didn't mind in the past, because I viewed NA as a community, not a business, and I personally knew Dain and could email/call him if needed.

I'm not really interested in working for free for someone I don't know , so it's on permanent hiatus. I've reached out to the new owner and have not heard back from them, albeit it was not about the ezine, but some other things. I'll make this post and maybe the they will see this and reach out to me. All the articles were proofed and edited, I made a rough layout for the issue, just never had anybody who could help me with the graphics.

I'm sorry that I didn't get this done. I had every intention of finishing this, even if it meant me doing it all myself in Photoshop, unpaid, on my own time. But I have to finish the Mother to Earth documentary and plan the Let's Play Gaming Expo for this year. If something happens, it'll be in the fall and strictly because I feel guilty for everyone who wrote something and have been waiting for it to come out. I took this seriously, but until I hear from the new landlord, hiatus.

Jun 26 at 1:21:00 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States

I was recently asked about the Ezine, so I thought I'd give a short update.

I don't know if you saw, but NA was recently sold to a company. It was unannounced and no one knew about the sale until after the fact. That being said, the E-zine is an unpaid gig. In fact, for the last three issues I had personally paid the graphic designer (which is what I was short on) some money to compensate them for their work and to encourage someone to help, all out of my own pocket. I didn't mind in the past, because I viewed NA as a community, not a business, and I personally knew Dain and could email/call him if needed.

I'm not really interested in working for free for someone I don't know , so it's on permanent hiatus. I've reached out to the new owner and have not heard back from them, albeit it was not about the ezine, but some other things. I'll make this post and maybe the they will see this and reach out to me. All the articles were proofed and edited, I made a rough layout for the issue, just never had anybody who could help me with the graphics.

I'm sorry that I didn't get this done. I had every intention of finishing this, even if it meant me doing it all myself in Photoshop, unpaid, on my own time. But I have to finish the Mother to Earth documentary and plan the Let's Play Gaming Expo for this year. If something happens, it'll be in the fall and strictly because I feel guilty for everyone who wrote something and have been waiting for it to come out. I took this seriously, but until I hear from the new landlord, hiatus.

Take the written articles and use them for storys on the home page. I think Gloves was looking for submissions. Screw the issue and deliver the content in another way. I want my damn community writer award
already!!!

​P.S. See you August. :-)