Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

3 Ninjas Kick Back factory sealed

Jul 20, 2011 at 12:38:13 AM
ladntendoplyr (0)

(Mike Wires) < Cherub >
United States
Hello all, was hoping someone could give me an idea on what my sealed copy of 3 ninjas would be worth. Recently someone had one on ebay that was open box but complete for $999 and I dont know if he ever sold it for his asking price.  thanks for your input

i appreciate all the feedback from you all, this game was purchased from a thrift store, who along with me had no idea what they were selling. I usually just pick up any nintendo game i can find. Is this game in this condition more rare than stadium events? should i send this to vga for authentication? 

-------------------------

Edited: 07/21/2011 at 02:08 AM by ladntendoplyr

Jul 20, 2011 at 12:39:08 AM
SNESfinder- (87)
(Stelio Kontos) < Lolo Lord >
Massachusetts
!

BUYING/TRADING for mint snes boxes, CIB, and sealed, commons to rares and everything inbetween. will pay retail for items I need. ebay- http://www.ebay.com/sch/are-es-t/m.html?item=120930427271&pt...

Edited: 07/20/2011 at 12:40 AM by SNESfinder-

Jul 20, 2011 at 12:44:57 AM
BalloonFight (233)
(Kyle Allen) < Ridley Wrangler >
California
It's worth a vacation to Hawaii.

Always looking for early issues of these magazines: GameFan, Tips and Tricks, Electronic Gaming Monthly.
Don't be afraid to send me a PM if you have any of these. I would love to give you some games for your magazines. :)

Jul 20, 2011 at 12:46:56 AM
SNESfinder- (87)
Massachusetts
it never sold, The last Complete one that sold was for 150$ in feb. to a member here. Dont really know what a sealed one is valued at currently though.

BUYING/TRADING for mint snes boxes, CIB, and sealed, commons to rares and everything inbetween. will pay retail for items I need. ebay- http://www.ebay.com/sch/are-es-t/m.html?item=120930427271&pt...

Jul 20, 2011 at 1:00:33 AM
ChuChu Flamingo (7)
(Mr ChuChu) < Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
It seems like a game that is getting hyped up.

I mean, look at it from a casual person perspective. You would think it would be worth nothing

In any case, I have seen more sealed ones than CIB.

Jul 20, 2011 at 8:19:37 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Hard to say, put it up for auction and we shall see.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jul 20, 2011 at 8:27:28 AM
Skullz (76)
(Brian .) < Kraid Killer >
Iowa
Originally posted by: jonebone

Hard to say, put it up for auction and we shall see.

Probably your best bet, something like this is impossible to say how much it'll go for.

My Buy/Sell/Trade Post:

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

My Ebay Stuff:

http://shop.ebay.com/brian111887/...

Willing to cut deals on Ebay stuff for people here, also looking for trades!

Jul 20, 2011 at 8:36:24 AM
nintendopower_4_ever (75)

(john smith) < Lolo Lord >
United States
there are fools ready to bid big money, auction it!

Jul 20, 2011 at 8:54:15 AM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
Originally posted by: nintendopower_4_ever

Why we gotta be fools?  There's also a long line of "fools" ready to bid big money on some Warrior Worlds too

Jul 20, 2011 at 9:05:54 AM

United States
you arent one of the "fools" who has been trying to buy that $1000 boxed copy with no maual, are you?
because there are a few fools that i know who have been trying!

i dont care about the hype, that box alone isnt worth a grand and there are people telling me it is.
they are fools...

id sell my 3 ninjas manual right now for $1000 cash, and if any fools are looking please let me know.

Jul 20, 2011 at 10:38:23 AM
Mecha_King (12)

(anthony carter) < Little Mac >
Illinois

you arent one of the "fools" who has been trying to buy that $1000 boxed copy with no maual, are you?

i dont care about the hype, that box alone isnt worth a grand and there are people telling me it is.
they are fools...

id sell my 3 ninjas manual right now for $1000 cash, and if any fools are looking please let me know.

I'm a fool.. sell me that manual!

Jul 20, 2011 at 10:41:41 AM

United States
Originally posted by: Mecha_King

they are fools...

I'm a fool.. sell me that manual!

you know you are one of the fools i spoke of!

why not just take a huge shot at the sealed copy instead of my manual with writing on 2 pages and a box only for 2K total???

you might as well just bid the 2K on a sealed copy...

Jul 20, 2011 at 2:36:45 PM
dantendo (27)
(Judge Dredd) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Bought my complete copy for $18 last year extra minty too...

Jul 20, 2011 at 5:16:14 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
Hmm... maybe worth getting VGA graded?

Jul 20, 2011 at 6:59:16 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
Originally posted by: ladntendoplyr

Hello all, was hoping someone could give me an idea on what my sealed copy of 3 ninjas would be worth. Recently someone had one on ebay that was open box but complete for $999 and I dont know if he ever sold it for his asking price.  thanks for your input

you have a link i never saw that auction. well if you get it graded that should increase the price by 10 thousand dollars. 

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Edited: 07/20/2011 at 07:03 PM by wrldstrman

Jul 20, 2011 at 7:00:08 PM
wrldstrman (107)
West Virginia
Originally posted by: dantendo

Bought my complete copy for $18 last year extra minty too...

did you get it off ebay  I searched everyday for probally 3 years before i found my copy.

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Jul 20, 2011 at 7:06:43 PM
wrldstrman (107)
West Virginia

lol I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions, yeah it may be dumb to pay a high amount for a game, I think its even more dumb  to pay 20 times the value for a graded game. a extra piece of plastic and sticker doesnt mean squat to me,  but thats my opinion, for those who do it, if they enjoy it thats ok.  same goes for a lot of things, i think paying 5 grand for a weeks vacation is a waste but some people enjoy it, spending money on a fancy car, jewlery, tv etc  seems like a waste of money to some ,but if it what they enjoy i dont see anything wrong with it. 

Its a two edge sword. yeah it become frustrating when you want something but dont want to go broke buying it, but when other people want the same thing and are willing to pay more, thats life i guess. I would really love to get a stadium events manual and box but i know unless i find one at a yard sale it isnt going to happen, because there are those willing to pay the 10 grand for a complete copy, but thats life

fact is at this point there are a very limited number of cib 3 ninjas. until more are found it will go up in value since its one of the released titles for a complete set.

Edited: 07/20/2011 at 07:14 PM by wrldstrman

Jul 21, 2011 at 12:36:44 AM
kimbolemonslice (86)
(Aaron Kit) < Kraid Killer >
Missouri
I can buy a 3 ninjas box cut in half if anyone wants to pay me for that lol.

Jul 21, 2011 at 12:54:19 AM
BalloonFight (233)
(Kyle Allen) < Ridley Wrangler >
California
I just think it's funny that there are people saying "lol its not hard to get you guys are crazy" yet only 2 more copies (this sealed one, and that random boxed copy on ebay) have come out of the woodworks since that one that wrldstrman bought. I seriously have a pretty damn good bounty for one if anyone has a CIB or sealed one for sale.

Always looking for early issues of these magazines: GameFan, Tips and Tricks, Electronic Gaming Monthly.
Don't be afraid to send me a PM if you have any of these. I would love to give you some games for your magazines. :)

Jul 21, 2011 at 3:18:35 AM
SNESfinder- (87)
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: BalloonFight

I just think it's funny that there are people saying "lol its not hard to get you guys are crazy" yet only 2 more copies (this sealed one, and that random boxed copy on ebay) have come out of the woodworks since that one that wrldstrman bought. I seriously have a pretty damn good bounty for one if anyone has a CIB or sealed one for sale.

dont forget, nintendo_power swiped up the manual that surfaced not even a month ago

mydogs rule claims he saw a boxed copy sell for 20$ not too long ago either.

anybody that knows better isnt saying it its not hard to get, it is a hard CIB and def an R8, i just think that it got hyped up a little much right after doug got his CIB, all the sudden bounty's started showing up out of nowhere after he said what he bid for it, 

i think its rare but i also think he missed a few copies that were BIN like 90% of SNES CIBs tend to show up as. it just got swiped up quick like all the other rare games do, either that or butt-fucked errrr "backdoored" so it took him 3 years to grab one that was finally auctioned off fairly.

there has been more 3 ninjas on ebay this year then there has been Oscars,Fun n Games, Kid Kleets, Mario prechool Fun, Super copa, ISS,  just about all the rare soccer games, etc.

AND NO I DONT THINK THIS GAME IS RARER THAN STADIUM EVENTS! << thats pure hype. the amount of carts available is the dead give away. different system, and crowd of knowledge. people know what stadium events is when they see it, but not many people knew that 3 ninjas was an R8 SNES CIB. THis game is out there, sitting at thrift stores, goodwills, game stores, etc. probably by the case judging by how more people have seen sealed copies than CIBs. just nobody knows what they have just yet so they arent throwing it up on ebay. ALL  just MO, im curious to what the future hold for this game.

Edited: 07/21/2011 at 03:56 AM by SNESfinder-

Jul 21, 2011 at 6:52:55 AM
jpobrien1980 (25)
(John O'Brien) < Eggplant Wizard >
United Kingdom

Gotta agree with SNESfinder- 3 Ninjas is a game that is only HTF CIB and the fact that there are loads of carts available for next to nothing tends to support the view that more complete/sealed copies are around and yet to surface.  As the whole Stadium Events thing proved a high price can make loads of copies of a previously 'rare' game suddenly appear.

By the way ladntendoplyr I would watermark that photo, just in case it should fall into unscrupulous hands.

Jul 21, 2011 at 7:32:56 AM
wrldstrman (107)
West Virginia
Originally posted by: jpobrien1980

Gotta agree with SNESfinder- 3 Ninjas is a game that is only HTF CIB and the fact that there are loads of carts available for next to nothing tends to support the view that more complete/sealed copies are around and yet to surface.  As the whole Stadium Events thing proved a high price can make loads of copies of a previously 'rare' game suddenly appear.

By the way ladntendoplyr I would watermark that photo, just in case it should fall into unscrupulous hands.

same should be said of fun n games  there are always tons of loose carts on ebay for sale. but i havent seen a wave of cib,s hit the market.

well the only way to truly know is for him to list his sealed copy for a lot of money, if it brings complete copies out of the woodwork like some seem to think then, the price will reflect it. if none show up, then I figure one day he will get a ton of cash for it.

I think we all tend to forget, We like video games. There are probally hundreds of thousands of people who view them as worthless garbage and who just toss them out. So there is no actual way to ever know how many copies of any game are still out there. I mean right now someone could be cleaning out a garage and sending a cib stadium events to the landfill..Same goes I could of throw out a old vase or something that was worth 10 grand, but to me it was just a old vase. Ive talked to my garbage man and he remembers throwing lots of video game stuff in the dump. the one story is he said they picked up a old steamer trunk completly full of atari games. of course they thought the trunk was valaulable so the dumpped out all the games in the dump and kept the trunk. until we talked he thought old games were worthless

Jul 21, 2011 at 8:00:52 AM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
Originally posted by: SNESfinder-

Originally posted by: BalloonFight

dont forget, nintendo_power swiped up the manual that surfaced not even a month ago

mydogs rule claims he saw a boxed copy sell for 20$ not too long ago either.

anybody that knows better isnt saying it its not hard to get, it is a hard CIB and def an R8, i just think that it got hyped up a little much right after doug got his CIB, all the sudden bounty's started showing up out of nowhere after he said what he bid for it, 

i think its rare but i also think he missed a few copies that were BIN like 90% of SNES CIBs tend to show up as. it just got swiped up quick like all the other rare games do, either that or butt-fucked errrr "backdoored" so it took him 3 years to grab one that was finally auctioned off fairly.

there has been more 3 ninjas on ebay this year then there has been Oscars,Fun n Games, Kid Kleets, Mario prechool Fun, Super copa, ISS,  just about all the rare soccer games, etc.

AND NO I DONT THINK THIS GAME IS RARER THAN STADIUM EVENTS! << thats pure hype. the amount of carts available is the dead give away. different system, and crowd of knowledge. people know what stadium events is when they see it, but not many people knew that 3 ninjas was an R8 SNES CIB. THis game is out there, sitting at thrift stores, goodwills, game stores, etc. probably by the case judging by how more people have seen sealed copies than CIBs. just nobody knows what they have just yet so they arent throwing it up on ebay. ALL  just MO, im curious to what the future hold for this game.

Eh this game was hyped way before Doug got his copy.  I've been looking two years and I've only seen the CIB that Doug bought, as well as the BINs mentioned in this thread.  I never saw a $20 one and I gladly would have bought it at that price.  After Doug got his copy, I believe Skullz listed a Box only for $500 (or is that the $1000 copy?) that never sold.

I don't see everything, but I find it hard to believe I'd missed a game that I have two saved searches for.  Only way I would have missed it is if it were a BIN that went very quick or a very poorly listed one or three day auction possibly.

If one sold, it wasn't on these boards or on DP either.  Only place it could have sold is Amazon, and I'll admit that I don't do a lot of browsing there. 

Jul 21, 2011 at 9:23:12 AM

United States

is the seam in the plastic across the bottom of the 3 ninjas box splitting open?

and doug, you still dont have a fun n games box or manual and the cart only sells seems to sell less than 10 times per year.
ive only seen one good manual and 3 boxes in almost 2 years and i bid $100+ on that manual a few months ago to get it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=36036...

why wasnt this your "holy grail" and hyped up instead?

Edited: 07/21/2011 at 09:26 AM by nintendopower_4_ever

Jul 21, 2011 at 9:28:27 AM
jonebone (554)
Maryland

is the seam in the plastic across the bottom of the 3 ninjas box splitting open?

and doug, you still dont have a fun n games box or manual and the cart only sells seems to sell less than 10 times per year.
ive only seen one good manual and 3 boxes in almost 2 years and i bid $100+ on that manual a few months ago to get it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=36036...

why wasnt this your "holy grail" and hyped up instead?

Shags sold off his CIB on eBay late last year or early this year and it was around $200 I think.  It also had a good amount of wear.  Braveheart sold a CB copy only on eBay this Spring and it did awful, maybe $40?  I was quite a bit surprised.

And I may or may not have sold a dead mint CIB this year on the forums.