Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The Legendary Demon Statues have been preserved at last! All three NES Ninja Gaiden prototypes documented & dumped!

Aug 14, 2014 at 1:43:27 AM
Armageddon Potato (267)
(Daniel Tatro) < Kraid Killer >
California
After a long, long, time spent tracking down, hacking, and documenting them, all three NES Ninja Gaiden prototypes are now avaliable to everyone!

A big thanks to Mike from NintendoPlayer.com, and Hybrid from NA. Mike really helped me dig deeper into the games an uncovered even more. Hybrid helped with game genie codage! Also a shout out to Mattinparadise, DreamTR, and that guy from Sunrise Dimple records whose name I'll never remember! If they hadn't sold me these, I would have never gotten this far!

It's been a great year for prototype releases, and I hope this makes it an even better one!

Check it all out at www.NintendoPlayer.com...

http://www.nintendoplayer.com/sit...

Edited: 09/26/2014 at 12:26 PM by Armageddon Potato

Aug 14, 2014 at 2:23:55 AM
retrofixes (36)
< El Ripper >
North Carolina
wow, cool site

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:20:14 AM
Stryphos (306)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
That is really cool Danny. Thanks so much!

-------------------------
Haves     |     Wants

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:21:40 AM
Shane (146)
(Excellence of Execution) < King Solomon >
United States
Very cool, thanks Danny! I know you've been working really hard for quite some time so it's awesome to see you complete it.

Edited: 08/14/2014 at 09:23 AM by Shane

Sep 22, 2014 at 8:29:21 AM
Velheim1334 (0)
(Casey Strange) < Crack Trooper >
Wisconsin
I've seen all three of these floating around on the web in images for quite some time now. And even some youtube videos from ebay sellers over the years. Having read the article, I'm kind of let down that these are not the "droids we are looking for" as a Jedi would say.

I know why these protos were sought after, we are looking for the tentative/in progress version of Ninja Gaiden I.

The NGII proto article was kind of a funny read. But I'm not surprised that NG3's proto had VERY LITTLE to offer as it is a fine representation of how that game was handled in development for the US (carelessly).

I think your next goal, ought to be finding the japanese NG proto types as they may be different than our NTSC counterparts.

Sep 22, 2014 at 10:55:23 AM
Shane (146)
(Excellence of Execution) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: Velheim1334

I've seen all three of these floating around on the web in images for quite some time now. And even some youtube videos from ebay sellers over the years. Having read the article, I'm kind of let down that these are not the "droids we are looking for" as a Jedi would say.

I know why these protos were sought after, we are looking for the tentative/in progress version of Ninja Gaiden I.

The NGII proto article was kind of a funny read. But I'm not surprised that NG3's proto had VERY LITTLE to offer as it is a fine representation of how that game was handled in development for the US (carelessly).

I think your next goal, ought to be finding the japanese NG proto types as they may be different than our NTSC counterparts.

That's actually what I'm shooting for, its quite the task I must say. I've spoken with people who worked for Tecmo at that time and I've found nothing.

Sep 26, 2014 at 12:33:37 PM
Armageddon Potato (267)
(Daniel Tatro) < Kraid Killer >
California
We all hope they are out there in Famicom form! I kind of have an odd feeling if one of them does eventually show up it'll be Ninja Gaiden 3...