Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nintendo Switch Collectors Discussion Thread V2 The Switch Goodness Continues....

Oct 08 at 2:10:51 PM
Ausden (13)
(Jonathan ) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions

I recently beat I Am Setsuna. Amazing game! Not sure what to play next.

Give Lost Sphear a try if you haven’t. If you liked I Am Setsuna, you’ll like Lost Sphear

Oct 09 at 10:39:45 AM
Fleck586 (155)
(Jason Fleck) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
Originally posted by: Ausden

I recently beat I Am Setsuna. Amazing game! Not sure what to play next.

Give Lost Sphear a try if you haven’t. If you liked I Am Setsuna, you’ll like Lost Sphear

I second this, Beau

-------------------------
"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Oct 09 at 10:59:06 AM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Saving it for a time when I want to play a game that I know I'll like   , like when family comes to visit. I Am Setsuna came in very handy on this last family visit!

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Edited: 10/09/2019 at 11:00 AM by SoleGooseProductions

Oct 09 at 8:04:08 PM
Fleck586 (155)
Missouri
I'm starting to think I might go with Astral Chain next instead of Ni No Kuni. Anyone put significant time into both? Convince me which way I should go...

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Oct 09 at 9:15:30 PM
themisfit138 (12)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
Originally posted by: Fleck586

I'm starting to think I might go with Astral Chain next instead of Ni No Kuni. Anyone put significant time into both? Convince me which way I should go...
The story of Ni No Kuni was pretty good and I like the cartoony look of the characters. The fights are alright,  you collect different monsters to fight for you. If I remember correctly you can have three active monsters per character. The world is pretty fun to explore. I took me a little over 70 hours to finish the main story and a good chunck of the side objectives. It has been a while though, I through it on PS3. If you like Studio Ghibli stories give Ni No Kuni a play.

Edited: 10/09/2019 at 09:16 PM by themisfit138

Oct 09 at 10:05:16 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Originally posted by: Fleck586

Astral Chains is super dope! 100% vote Astral Chain then Ni No Kuni! Both awesome games!

I just finished Astral Chain then Link's Awakening and 65 hours into Dragon Quest XI! Game is amazing! Astral Chain and DQ XI are probably my 2 favorite games of the year! Im sure Ni No Kuni would be up there but i've beat through that previously on PS3. Amazing games though! Dragon Quest XI is on par with Ni No Kuni for sure for some of them best modern RPGs.

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Edited: 10/09/2019 at 10:07 PM by D~Funk

Oct 09 at 10:20:45 PM
zeppelin03 (62)
< El Ripper >
Ohio
Currently playing Stardew Valley and Final Fantasy X. Anyone have any recommendations for something else to bring with me on a trip? Looking for some variety but only want to bring one more cart.

Oct 10 at 10:45:27 AM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Gloves

I've started playing Minit since it arrived yesterday.  

How is it? I saw it on display the MoPoP museum in Seattle and was intrigued. Just ordered the second chance off of (the other) SRG.

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Oct 10 at 10:58:31 AM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

Originally posted by: Gloves

I've started playing Minit since it arrived yesterday.  

How is it? I saw it on display the MoPoP museum in Seattle and was intrigued. Just ordered the second chance off of (the other) SRG.

Pretty good. The world is like a big puzzle/adventure. Not a whole lot of "fighting", mostly just exploration. 

Oct 10 at 3:46:31 PM
aguy (32)
< El Ripper >
California
Anyone know if the ac adapter for the switch dock could charge a chromebook?

Edited: 10/10/2019 at 03:47 PM by aguy

Oct 10 at 4:58:18 PM
Fleck586 (155)
Missouri
Originally posted by: aguy

It should work for anything that takes a USB-C. Not the other way around though

Oct 10 at 5:27:32 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia

Yes, it will work.

My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"

Oct 12 at 4:54:24 PM
aguy (32)
< El Ripper >
California
Thanks for the Chromebook responses. I ordered one on eBay without a charger and didn't know it I needed to order one or just use the switch dock charger I already have. And it charges just fine, 2 hours for full battery.

Oct 17 at 3:40:26 PM
aguy (32)
< El Ripper >
California
Anyone planning on getting Outer World's for Switch?

Oct 17 at 4:20:27 PM
Fleck586 (155)
Missouri

I am, but I can't remember... Is it it getting a Limited print run or will it be retail?

Oct 17 at 4:20:57 PM
DoctorEncore (6)
< Crack Trooper >

Have they given a release window? Based on the interviews I've seen, it sounds like it's going to be a while yet.

Current Project: NES NTSC CIB Set
Progress: ~550/678

WTB: CIB NES games. PM me if seeking a buyer. CLICK HERE TO SEE MY LIST.

WTB: NIB NES games so I can open them and add to the_wizard_666's Sealed Game Contents forum topic and FAQ @ https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/nes....

Oct 17 at 5:27:55 PM
aguy (32)
< El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: DoctorEncore

Have they given a release window? Based on the interviews I've seen, it sounds like it's going to be a while yet.

Sorry, that can out all wrong. There is no release date for the Switch yet. I meant, is anyone planning on getting it on X1/PS4 or holding off till the Switch release? Obsidian is planning on future DLC and such, so I wonder if they will do it like DQ XI or Witcher 3 and release a "complete" version for next holiday season.

Oct 17 at 10:02:33 PM
DoctorEncore (6)
< Crack Trooper >

Sorry, that can out all wrong. There is no release date for the Switch yet. I meant, is anyone planning on getting it on X1/PS4 or holding off till the Switch release? Obsidian is planning on future DLC and such, so I wonder if they will do it like DQ XI or Witcher 3 and release a "complete" version for next holiday season.

Gotcha. Yeah, I've got an Xbox One X and Game Pass so I'm super excited to play it there. 

Current Project: NES NTSC CIB Set
Progress: ~550/678

WTB: CIB NES games. PM me if seeking a buyer. CLICK HERE TO SEE MY LIST.

WTB: NIB NES games so I can open them and add to the_wizard_666's Sealed Game Contents forum topic and FAQ @ https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/nes....

Oct 17 at 10:37:07 PM
aguy (32)
< El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: DoctorEncore

Gotcha. Yeah, I've got an Xbox One X and Game Pass so I'm super excited to play it there. 

I completely forgot about gamepass! Now I am super stoked to play it now and buy it for Switch later.