Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

complete released nes collection

Sep 24, 2007 at 10:08:27 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
so how much does everyone think a complete nes collection would sell for. no varations, just one of every released game. of course im including the tengens, color dreams, ave, bunch etc....I would say less then 10 thousand seeinghow there is not many people that could come up with that kind of money at one time

second how much do you think you could get out of a complete collection selling one game at a time.

-------------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Sep 24, 2007 at 10:09:37 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
are we talking CIB or cart only?
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Sep 24, 2007 at 11:50:59 PM
albailey (55)
(Al Bailey) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
Lets use the Etler list for what makes a complete collection.

$4000 for the top ten items (this is low)
$5 per cart avg for the rest. (this is high)
So about 8K, assuming all are loose.

Now lets go nuts

Add 2K for the sachens and racermate

Add gazillions for the NWC(s) lol

I dont know how realistic those numbers are since why would a collector buy a loose collection unless they were upgrading their carts or re-selling them, and in either case the number would be lower.

Al

My Gameboy collection  97% complete.          My N64 collection   88% complete

My Gamecube collection  99% complete        My NES collection   97% complete

Sep 25, 2007 at 4:22:12 AM
burnambill333 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Nicholas Morgan) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
If you include Stadium Events, the Pan's, 6-1's, and CM2, then I'd say it'd pull anywhere from $6-10k in one shot, depending on who has money at the time. If SE alone is a $1500+ game now.............

Now if you remove the big 7 from the list, I'd say only about 3-5k. Sara just sell a complete LICENSED set with everything except SE (it was a PAL SE). Does anybody remember what it brought in?

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

Sep 25, 2007 at 10:55:40 AM
raregamergirl (24)
(Sara Holmquist) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio
I sold it outside ebay for around $4200 plus shipping. We also agreed to have no paypal fees on it as he paid via e-check.

Sep 25, 2007 at 10:59:22 AM
Battymo (100)
(Scrubb'n Nutz) < King Solomon >
Nova Scotia
What about a complete CIB NTSC set?

Sep 26, 2007 at 12:23:28 AM
wrldstrman (107)
West Virginia
that s what i was meaning a complete cib set

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Sep 26, 2007 at 1:06:29 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
damn....
If everything was CIB and in good condition it probably bring 15 to 20 grand.... I sold off my collection that was no where near complete, but i had TONS of CIB minty games (close to 600) and many cart+manual cart only (totaled over 1,000) for nearly 10K. I was able to travel to Africa and put myself through two more terms of school with that money.

*sigh*

eBay listings here

Sep 26, 2007 at 1:07:10 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
also, I sold them individually... a way that is very time consuming but a way that you'd make the most money.

eBay listings here

Sep 26, 2007 at 1:09:34 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I would think around 20k also if the stuff is in nice shape. It would of course also depend on what other extra goodies the person had as well. I wouldn't sell my collection for less than 35-40k I don't think, to much hardwork in it.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Sep 26, 2007 at 6:06:03 PM
wrldstrman (107)
West Virginia
Originally posted by: qixmaster

also, I sold them individually... a way that is very time consuming but a way that you'd make the most money.

i know i bought a lot of it just wish i would of got that darn chubby cherub box.

Sep 26, 2007 at 6:55:46 PM
burnambill333 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Nicholas Morgan) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
I agree that a CIB set is worth around 20k if it's all sold seperately. If everything was sold together, I'd say around 8-12k. Without SE I'd say around 6-10k. It'll be hard to find somebody with that much cash to spend all at once.

Look at DKazz's SNES set that he just sold. That was dead mint and it was all CIB. He wont say how much it sold for, but I know it was less than 10k. I speculate that he got around 8k for it all.

-Nick

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

Edited: 10/02/2007 at 04:07 AM by burnambill333

Sep 26, 2007 at 7:08:00 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Thank God Dkazz sold his NES games individually, I would have a ton of holes if he sold it as a set...

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Sep 26, 2007 at 9:11:52 PM
nes4ever (22)
(Mel P) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
I think a CIB NES collection would be worth more than 20K if sold seperatly for sure. Maybe you would end up getting around 25-35K depending on how much you make off of each CIB game.

Sep 26, 2007 at 9:26:27 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: burnambill333

I agree that a CIB set is worth around 20k if it's all sold seperately. If everything was sold together, I'd say around 8-12k. Without SE I'd say around 6-10k. It'll be hard to find somebody with that much cash to spend all at once.

Look at DKazz's SNES set that he just sold. That was dead mint and it was all CIB. He wont say how much it sold for, but I know it was less than 10k. I speculate that he got around 8k for it all.

-Nick

I totally agree with the general idea that nobody has that much cash in one shot.

Even still I think you could get 12k for sure though. Sold separately considerably more of course.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Sep 27, 2007 at 12:31:33 AM
wrldstrman (107)
West Virginia

I dont think snes has caught fire like the nes maybe in a few years

Sep 29, 2007 at 3:44:32 PM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
I think you'll get way more than some of you guys are thinking....

Stadium Events CIB= $3500 for sure now
Panesians CIB=$2000

That's $5500 JUST for those games.

Not including Myriad, Caltron, whatever, it would fetch a pretty high amount because it would be tough for ANYONE to get those games separately in the first place...

www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Sep 29, 2007 at 4:27:47 PM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio
CIB I say 20k.

Yeah hard to find buyers with all that cash at once but at least 15k.

Sep 30, 2007 at 1:44:00 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Well that's just it... still needing SE box/book and Peek-A-Boo Poker Box/book I would buy a complete set for $10-12K as long as the rare stuff was in good shape. Most of my collection (about 90% of it) is already in near mint shape but I could do a little upgrading, maybe find some variants and then sell off all the rest to get the stuff I kept down as low as possible. I mean when you think about it I would pay $4,000 for Box/Book SE and I would pay $450 for the Peek-A-Boo Box/Book. So if someone would sell me a CIB complete collection for $10,000 that is not bad at all!! Too bad there is only one person, at least on here, who could sell me that collection and I know he won't....

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Sep 30, 2007 at 11:36:36 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
I think the answer to this question is really based on a lot of factors, such as when it was sold, who needed what at the time, and condition of the items for sale. If your set was truly complete with all inserts, etc, and you had other things being sold that brought attention to your sale, you could walk away with a small fortune if you sold individually. I think the worst thing you could do is sell too many rare items at once -- you'd want to space those out to ensure your buyers had time to replenish their funds.

Oct 1, 2007 at 12:37:57 AM
justabum (142)
(Bryan Digilio) < El Ripper >
Nebraska
I actually disagree with the assessment of people not having the $$$ to buy it in one shot. If we are talking about a complete CIB collection w/ no holes, nothing missing you bring a lot more people to the table as potential buyers. No one has ever tested the waters....or has been able to as far as I know. But if someone were able to offer up a CIB NTSC collection w/ nothing missing you would then incorporate a lot of interest outside the immediate gaming community. Companys, that would like to have it for display, Collectors of anything and everything that have $$$ to blow that would consider purchasing the lot only because it IS complete. Some rich guy that would look at the lot and say to himself "that would be cool to own".

Without it being 100% complete it would be hard to draw interest outside the immediate gaming community, but if it were 100% complete and properly advertised as such, I think you'd be surprised at the people that would surface and make a strong play for "the entire set"

Just my thoughts.

Bryan

If consequenses dictate your course of action, then it doesn't matter what is right, it's only wrong if you get caught. -maynard james keenan

Oct 1, 2007 at 12:45:00 AM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: justabum

I actually disagree with the assessment of people not having the $$$ to buy it in one shot. If we are talking about a complete CIB collection w/ no holes, nothing missing you bring a lot more people to the table as potential buyers. No one has ever tested the waters....or has been able to as far as I know. But if someone were able to offer up a CIB NTSC collection w/ nothing missing you would then incorporate a lot of interest outside the immediate gaming community. Companys, that would like to have it for display, Collectors of anything and everything that have $$$ to blow that would consider purchasing the lot only because it IS complete. Some rich guy that would look at the lot and say to himself "that would be cool to own".

Without it being 100% complete it would be hard to draw interest outside the immediate gaming community, but if it were 100% complete and properly advertised as such, I think you'd be surprised at the people that would surface and make a strong play for "the entire set"

Just my thoughts.

Bryan

For this reason, I think if everything were in decent enough shape, I wouldn't be surprised to see such a set see $25,000, even a very long shot at $30,000. However, there are more variables to be considered, as well... Frankly, as much as I hate to put a wide range on this sort of thing, I think a CIB near-mint or mint set could bring anywhere from $15,000-$30,000. If I had to narrow it down, I'd probably say right around $18,000-$22,000.

How much would I pay for one? Lol...I don't have the kind of money or resources to even think about it.

Now here's another question...what if it included variants? Athletic World FFF, 5-screw and 3-screw, old seal and new seal where applicable, Rev. 0, Rev. A, Rev. B, etc., -1's, -2's, etc.... How much more would something like *that* fetch? That's another number I can't come up with.

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Edited: 10/01/2007 at 12:47 AM by mb7241

Oct 1, 2007 at 12:59:34 AM
jimpoleshuk (279)
(Jim Poleshuk) < King Solomon >
Nebraska
I agree too, if some how you could publicize it, I bet you could sell it for a lot more ever.

There's a bunch of people our age that have money, Hollywood, sports stars,  Music artists etc...

And a complete set, no work involved.... Pretty nice!

www.videogameboxprotectors.com

Oct 1, 2007 at 1:00:43 AM
justabum (142)
(Bryan Digilio) < El Ripper >
Nebraska
See, the variants I dont think would add any value to the type of buyer I'm talking about. To a collector they do but to a person who just wants the whole set I don't think variants would matter much.

Also, because of the appeal of a complete CIB set I think it would have the opposite effect. Let me see if I can type what I'm thinking here.....

Everyone knows and has pretty much said that if you sold your collection off individually you would make way more money that selling it as a whole. This is a fact. However, with a 100% complete collection I think the opposite would be true. The lot as a whole would bring a premium over all the individual parts because of the fact it is 100% complete and the type of buyers you could intice and draw interest from.

All that being said, I think a 100% CIB NTSC collection would bring $50,000.

Bryan

If consequenses dictate your course of action, then it doesn't matter what is right, it's only wrong if you get caught. -maynard james keenan

Oct 1, 2007 at 2:21:09 AM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: justabum

See, the variants I dont think would add any value to the type of buyer I'm talking about. To a collector they do but to a person who just wants the whole set I don't think variants would matter much. Also, because of the appeal of a complete CIB set I think it would have the opposite effect. Let me see if I can type what I'm thinking here..... Everyone knows and has pretty much said that if you sold your collection off individually you would make way more money that selling it as a whole. This is a fact. However, with a 100% complete collection I think the opposite would be true. The lot as a whole would bring a premium over all the individual parts because of the fact it is 100% complete and the type of buyers you could intice and draw interest from. All that being said, I think a 100% CIB NTSC collection would bring $50,000. Bryan

Of course the variants add value. Even if you could care less about them you have 2 carts instead of 1 !

You might not care which Donkey Kong Jr Math box you have but having 2 will add value over a set with just 1.