Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Wrestling thread

Sep 18, 2011 at 11:04:45 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Did anyone else watch this I know this site is nintendo age and not wrestling age but this ppv kicked ass. Mark Henrey won his firs title in 15 years . And the Triple H, CM punk match had everything I was expecting and more the sledge hammer, Kevin Nash, Miz. Man if your a wrestling fan and you didnt watch this you missed out and for those of you that did what are your thoughts?

-------------------------
Playas Guide Logo

Edited: 07/20/2015 at 12:23 AM by ne$_pimp

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:18:10 AM
Otter (73)
(T Otter) < King Solomon >
Washington
I love wrestling, Orton lost huh? Who won the cm punk hhh match?

Sep 19, 2011 at 1:03:02 AM
Enslaved (106)
(Edd Showalter) < Master Higgins >
Florida
From the sounds of it, it was a really good PPV. I like how they brought some old Triple H/Sledgehammer action into it again, WWE needs violence!

Check out this really awesome WTB thread that I found, I heard this guy wants games at the cheapest rate possible!  Now on the look out for Unlicensed NES!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Sep 19, 2011 at 1:06:36 AM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
someone get a link to watch it, i wouldn't mind seeing this hehe

I use to into wwf wcw and then some wwe - it's still funny to me that 'the miz' was a guy on mtv's real world long ago

my art stuff: http://punkr13.deviantart.com/...

my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Sep 19, 2011 at 2:17:23 AM
FrozenToaster (3)
(William Y) < Little Mac >
Ohio
First off, that CM Punk ice cream bar shirt is rad.

Overall, I thought it was ok.

I thought the fatal four way was good but wanted to see Swagger take it, just as a personal choice. It was awesome seeing Mark Henry finally win the title, especially by beating Orton cleanly of all things (I may need to be corrected but that's like his first real clean loss in almost a year.) The WWE championship match was pretty good, but I certainly didn't want to see Cena win yet again. I understand that creative probably didn't have much of a choice though, because Del Rio just wasn't getting any crowd reaction (positive or negative) while he held the belt. Seeing Beth Phoenix lose in her home town with same roll-up from the last ppv, after a superplex of all things, I felt was pretty lame. The main event was really good to begin with but the chaos at the end was just kind of a mess IMO. Plus did it seem to anyone else that the crowd was just really quiet tonight for it being a ppv? (I'm talking like off week smackdown kind of pops)

So, in summation, I think it was certainly better than some of the early ppvs this year (ahem I'm looking at you capitol punishment,) but it seemed to not live up to the summer of awesome we had from MITB.

Sep 19, 2011 at 2:33:00 AM
VideoGamesIzFun (44)
(Justin B) < El Ripper >
Maryland
I like Alberto Del Rio, I dunno he kinda reminds of the Million Dollar Man a little bit. So I started watching wrestling again recently can someone explain why there are two championship belts?? There is the WWE and Heavyweight still not sure what the difference is... I'm assuming the WWE championship is higher because it looks nicer. Anyways if someone could explain the difference (/where the other belt came from) it would be appreciated.

RPG Fans
http://sociallinkmax.proboards.co...

Sep 19, 2011 at 2:58:18 AM
FrozenToaster (3)
Ohio
Originally posted by: VideoGamesIzFun

I like Alberto Del Rio, I dunno he kinda reminds of the Million Dollar Man a little bit. So I started watching wrestling again recently can someone explain why there are two championship belts?? There is the WWE and Heavyweight still not sure what the difference is... I'm assuming the WWE championship is higher because it looks nicer. Anyways if someone could explain the difference (/where the other belt came from) it would be appreciated.

Yeah the history of it is somewhat confusing, bear with me and my recollection for a moment;

In 2001 after the purchase of WCW and the invasion storyline, the WCW belt was unified with the WWF championship for a short time under the "undisputed heavyweight title" and whoever was champion could be challenged on either show Raw or Smackdown!

In 2002 the WWE split it's programming and rosters into two distinct "brands" i.e. Monday Night Raw and Smackdown! which is what is still there today. This led to the creation of the very similar but "new" world heavyweight championship belt on Raw so that each show would have it's own champion. Since that time the belt has switched between Raw and Smackdown!

But I think the main point you are asking for, is that nowadays the world heavyweight championship is essentially the smackdown! championship and the WWE championship is the Raw title. and because of it's origins, technically the WWE championship holds higher regards because it dates back to the 60's and is on the flagship show.

Basically they wanted each show to have its own champions kind of how right now the intercontinental title is on smackdown while the United States championship is on raw. Giving each show a "mid-tier" belt.

Sep 19, 2011 at 3:05:11 AM
Rengozu (54)
(Jeff Smith) < Lolo Lord >
Tennessee
Didn't really care for the PPV at all. Other than Henry winning, nothing really stood out. Did however get a great chuckle out of CM Punks new shirt.

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:25:12 AM
Sneak (37)

(Ryan K) < Meka Chicken >
Ontario
I agree, I watched a bit of the PPV, but I didn't find it all that special.

I did like the flying elbow from Punk on HHH on the announcers table. A possible tribute to the late Macho Man? I had thoughts of that as he jumped off the top rope.

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:03:47 PM
Rengozu (54)
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Sneak

I did like the flying elbow from Punk on HHH on the announcers table. A possible tribute to the late Macho Man? I had thoughts of that as he jumped off the top rope.

Yea, same here, and I think it was Booker who said something to the likes of, "He's a savage!" after he hit it.

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:23:11 PM
FrozenToaster (3)
Ohio
Originally posted by: Rengozu

Originally posted by: Sneak

Yea, same here, and I think it was Booker who said something to the likes of, "He's a savage!" after he hit it.

CM Punk has basically adopted the flying elbow now. After Savage died, the next Raw show Punk actually wore classic macho man colors and began using the flying elbow.

Sep 19, 2011 at 4:32:18 PM
GuanoBowl (151)
(J Harden) < Meka Chicken >
New Mexico

^^Best WWE moment ever. Fan looks back at Batista to make sure he isn't going to punch his face in.
I use to love wrestling. Stone Cold was my favie since he was your typical Badass (Drinking beer, stunning everyone, flipping people off, etc...) I have yet to watch wrestling since the Merge of companies but still enjoy a good laugh at some youtube clips (Owen Hart Leg out of your leg, Triple H Troll Scream, Triple H Invisible Shirt, Shawn Michaels "I Just Kicked Stan)

Thank you community for a great 6 years of collecting, getting to know some of you, and learning more about retro collecting.  NES will always be the heart of my video gaming and I wish you all the best in the future.

Sep 19, 2011 at 6:37:30 PM
genesisdon't (66)
(Omicron Theta) < Meka Chicken >
Florida
Best Spoiler alert ever! NesPimp! Retitle your post to read WWE thread and make it official!

Sep 21, 2011 at 12:47:01 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
So was Triple HHH the secret RAW general manager, then becuase we havent heard from the Raw general manager since Triple HHH took over? I had actually thought the RAW general manager was going to turn out to be HBK.

Playas Guide Logo

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:28:16 PM
FrozenToaster (3)
Ohio
Originally posted by: nes_pimp

So was Triple HHH the secret RAW general manager, then becuase we havent heard from the Raw general manager since Triple HHH took over? I had actually thought the RAW general manager was going to turn out to be HBK.

Well the podium is still there but they are mentioning the anonymous gm less and less. My thoughts are that they planned on having someone come in but it just never panned out. Now after almost going on 2 years I think? I think this may be one of those story points that may just never be visited again and possibly dropped soon in the future. 

So to answer your question, no Haitch wasn't the raw gm but basically they haven't done anything with it in some time now.

My picks were and still are if they don't drop it:

Jericho (although there are story holes in that)
Mick Foley (Since he left TNA and has been joking an awful lot about coming back)

Sep 22, 2011 at 2:13:43 AM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
I dont think it could be Jericho he was around last year and went up against Nexus when the anonymous Gm came into play. I also remember that the anonymous GM made a match or to where he told the contenders that if there not down with his decision then he has 2 words for them. There for it could only be HBK or Triple H. Personally Im hoping for a contfontation between the two of them outside of the ring in the near future, but I have doubts that it will happen.

Playas Guide Logo

Sep 22, 2011 at 2:17:11 AM
ZOMG! (30)
(NES 001) < Meka Chicken >
California
I used to be obsessed with wrestling. In my honest opinion, nothing beats the WCW/ECW vs. WWF era. That was the most exciting it has ever been and its never been the same.

I stopped watching it when they had the "draft". I was excited for the NWO but they never really ran with it so I just dropped it all together. I know they needed to cut the WWF into two because not everybody had their chance at a story line but I enjoyed the show back then when there was only a few wrestlers.

FS: SNES/N64/NES Taking Systems In Trade

Sep 22, 2011 at 11:45:14 AM
Rengozu (54)
Tennessee
Originally posted by: nes_pimp

if there not down with his decision then he has 2 words for them. There for it could only be HBK or Triple H. Personally Im hoping for a contfontation between the two of them outside of the ring in the near future, but I have doubts that it will happen.

He has used several different catch phrases to throw the audience off.  i'm sure they've just made it all up as they went along with no real GM in mind, but as of right now, if they decided to expose the GM I believe it would end up being Foley.

Sep 22, 2011 at 4:28:11 PM
JJAAMMEESSNNEESS (332)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(James S) < Bowser >
California
i loved the late 90s wwf

DX was the best of all teams
the original 123 kid as Xpac

See how I made my way into the HOS!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Sep 22, 2011 at 4:44:53 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
I though it could have been foley to when there where 2 wwe titles. I though cm punk was going to go over to TNA and they where going to merge TNA into the WWE. Ive though that ever since Hunk joined TNA and they changed the ring shape from octagon to a regular WWE looking ring.

Playas Guide Logo

Sep 22, 2011 at 7:52:20 PM
Megamanfan (174)
(Andy Lynch) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
I used to watch wrestling all the time. But since I been working at wallmart I usally dont get to see the show a lot and the fact I didnt have cable for a long time. I would like to bring up some awsome moments of the past. Like when Macho Man drove out to the ring in a monster truck and at Halloween Havic or his cage match with flair over a nude pic of miss elzebeth. The time stone Cold took the beer truck and smashed it into the ring amd also got vince to piss himself and lets not forget the many entrances the Undertaker has made from the DEADMAN to The American badass. I remeber wathing back when he had the match with Jake the Snake Roberts it was brutal. Ahhh so many memeories. Well I got to study oenmy goals is to make it to the wwe.

When the going gets tough the tough get gaming
Click Link below for my for sale thread

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

Jan 12, 2012 at 5:18:28 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Jericho is back, but has nothing to say what are your thoughts?
Also Im a little disapointed that Mcfoley , Kevin Nash and Triple HHH have return but really havent done all that much I would like to see more of them. As well the Brutus Clay debut was one of the stupidest things Ive ever seen.

Playas Guide Logo

Jan 12, 2012 at 5:20:53 PM
LucasWeatherby (42)
(Lucas Weatherby) < El Ripper >
Florida
jericho is back.!??!?!?! when did this happen! i stopped since summerslam

Jan 12, 2012 at 5:23:55 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
I heard about The Funkasaurus Brodus Clay and had to check it out. It was AWESOME! Reminded me of back when wresting was fun in the 80's and had crazy characters, not just everyone using their regular boring names.

Jan 12, 2012 at 5:25:05 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota

Bring back more gimmick characters to WWE!

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes