Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Holy crap. Analogue Super NT!!!! Preorder up now!

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:20:37 PM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Random post #6962 "...NO, your dumb!"

-------------------------
Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:22:26 PM
John198X (0)
(John -) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
Originally posted by: TuSecsy

Originally posted by: John198X

ARRRGGGGGHHH.

Tired of waiting for FGPA solutions for SMS/TG16/GEN/SNES, I literally got a RetroPie setup TWO DAYS AGO.

I guess I'll just use that to tide me over and check back on this in February to see what people's reactions are and the extent of what a jailbroken one can do, and maybe place an order then....
patience is definitely a virtue, you actually have the ideal way to do things now if you ask me (raspi and wait for the super nt).  those of us with all these redundant systems and mods and upscalers have to go through a lot of trouble selling them now.

would say you really should preorder a super nt if you can though, they will sell out, everything analogue preorders always does and this is their crown jewel.

If I can get in on the second round of orders and have one by June at the latest, I could live with that.
The price is definetly right, even not taking into account the inevitable additional cores.

For now, I'll get by with my AVS and Pi. I even went for the 8bitdo SNES30 to go with the Pi! (though the one I recieved is apparently broken/defective... already sent it back. I'll likely go ahead and grab another one as it felt pretty nice at least).

1,000 game challenge 10/22/16 - 03/23/19
532 Games Beaten * 
nes-308 * sms-42
tgx-17 gen-29 snes-43 * ps-22
ps2-4 * gb-55 * gbc-12

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:23:17 PM
attakid101 (19)
(Fredo ) < King Solomon >
Idaho

Originally posted by: romevi

The controller isn't included, right? You have to buy that separately?

Yes, but you absolutely 100% should not ever buy an 8bitdo controller, they're garbage.
I was very close to purchasing an 8bitdo wireless controller. Can you elaborate a little? Thanks!

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:24:36 PM
John198X (0)
Texas
Originally posted by: attakid101

Yes, but you absolutely 100% should not ever buy an 8bitdo controller, they're garbage.
I was very close to purchasing an 8bitdo wireless controller. Can you elaborate a little? Thanks!

Yes, please. I just returned a defective one without being able to actually use it, and likely to order a replacement.

532 Games Beaten * 
nes-308 * sms-42
ps2-4 * gb-55 * gbc-12

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:26:05 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Now can we get a flashcart that plays every game?

The nicest thing with the AVS is that you can have that and a powerpak and be set. The snes still has that pain in the ass that some games you need to buy. I guess I could use the stunt race fx cart as a coaster or something

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:27:43 PM
SwiftFrost (200)
< King Solomon >
United States

everdrive/powerpack...which are now obsolete thanks to this.

this is everything, systems, outputs, everdrives.  kinda a big deal.
This plays on my SNES? No? Then they aren’t obsolete in the slightest. 

It's fine that you are excited for it, but you don’t need to be brash about it here and troll superg about it. 

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:27:46 PM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: John198X

Originally posted by: attakid101

Yes, please. I just returned a defective one without being able to actually use it, and likely to order a replacement.

I loved mine until I borked it by turning the charger cord the wrong way into the port the in bad lighting, will buy another eventually.

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:28:59 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: SwiftFrost

everdrive/powerpack...which are now obsolete thanks to this.

this is everything, systems, outputs, everdrives.  kinda a big deal.
This plays on my SNES? No? Then they aren’t obsolete in the slightest. 

It's fine that you are excited for it, but you don’t need to be brash about it here and troll superg about it. 

Remember when I said UKWildcats was shilling for the HDMI NES? I take it back. He was just enthusiastic about it.

TuSecy is definitely shilling.  

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:31:30 PM
BriGuy82 (25)
(Beady Eyed Man Boy) < Lolo Lord >
New Jersey
Does this system deserve to be hooked up next to the AVS and the the Switch? It looks and sounds pretty good. It might be 3's company on the console shelf.

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:32:16 PM
BriGuy82 (25)
(Beady Eyed Man Boy) < Lolo Lord >
New Jersey
Come and knock on my door.

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:32:23 PM
John198X (0)
Texas
Originally posted by: MuNKeY

I loved mine until I borked it by turning the charger cord the wrong way into the port the in bad lighting, will buy another eventually.

Mine just straight up wouldn't turn on. The only life it showed was a single green LED flash that would occur right after plugging the cable in. Other than that, it was basically a brick.

532 Games Beaten * 
nes-308 * sms-42
ps2-4 * gb-55 * gbc-12

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:34:08 PM
TuSecsy (14)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
Originally posted by: Bert

The nicest thing with the AVS is that you can have that and a powerpak and be set. The snes still has that pain in the ass that some games you need to buy. I guess I could use the stunt race fx cart as a coaster or something
This has 100% full support, regardless of chip.  Makes sd2snes look silly. Can buy a whole 1080p system and have a built in sd2snes with 100% support now for the same price.

Everything, and I mean everything 8bitdo makes is straight up trash.  Best snes solution for pi is the retrousb adapter with a real controller.

You can say I'm shilling for this product, but all I'm doing is trying to give people a heads up so they aren't kicking themselves when these things sell out, and you have to wait another 6 months to get one while they're 400$+ on ebay.  All while people bitch about "scalpers".

Edited: 10/16/2017 at 03:36 PM by TuSecsy

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:37:22 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: lojack44

I'm on the fence about getting one. It's cool that it is HDMI-capable, but I already have a one-chip SNES and a 20L5 PVM that I just had recapped/ calibrated...
Yep. I love my 1-Chip and PVM Setup. I dont think people understand we want to play the original hardware. Forever. A good snes being solid state electronics will last my lifetime.

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:38:07 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: MuNKeY

Random post #6962 "...NO, your dumb!"

Random response. Suck it!!!

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:43:56 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
So I read the analogue website, but Im not clear on how this makes an everdrive irrelevant? Or how you can play neo geo on it? Am I missing something?

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:49:33 PM
Titanium13 (20)

(Joe ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Canada
I currently have an AVS and a snes mini + framemeister set up, but this is very interesting to me. I like the single unit set up. The framemeister is great, but it does add input lag and sometimes has some weird graphic anomalies that have been hard for me to figure out.

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:52:46 PM
TuSecsy (14)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

So I read the analogue website, but Im not clear on how this makes an everdrive irrelevant? Or how you can play neo geo on it? Am I missing something?
yes. you are.  (sd card slots plays roms).  neo geo support is still a maybe however.

Edited: 10/16/2017 at 03:53 PM by TuSecsy

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:52:53 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
Ontario

Originally posted by: Bert

This has 100% full support, regardless of chip.  Makes sd2snes look silly. Can buy a whole 1080p system and have a built in sd2snes with 100% support now for the same price.

Everything, and I mean everything 8bitdo makes is straight up trash.  Best snes solution for pi is the retrousb adapter with a real controller.

You can say I'm shilling for this product, but all I'm doing is trying to give people a heads up so they aren't kicking themselves when these things sell out, and you have to wait another 6 months to get one while they're 400$+ on ebay.  All while people bitch about "scalpers".

Oh it too has the thing with the SD card reader that the NT mini had? Alright cool.

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:53:21 PM
Diamante Loco (149)
(gblock mountaineer) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
Originally posted by: BriGuy82

Come and knock on my door.

We'll be waiting for...you! Where the consoles hers and hers and his Three Nintendos too!

The User formally known as g_block. Same nice guy, different name :-)

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:54:15 PM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee

Wait, wat? Is this an emulator box? ...if so I could use that sumbeetch in my mame cab and my pc/laptop will be obsolete.

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:54:29 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
Ontario

Basically with the NT Mini for NES games, Kevtris released a custom firmware and I guess analogue turned a blind eye, since he developed the system in the first place. So with the SD card reader you can load roms from any 8 bit system, no flash carts needed and it'll play. I'm guessing the same thing is expected here

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:56:55 PM
TuSecsy (14)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
Originally posted by: Titanium13

I currently have an AVS and a snes mini + framemeister set up, but this is very interesting to me. I like the single unit set up. The framemeister is great, but it does add input lag and sometimes has some weird graphic anomalies that have been hard for me to figure out.
if you don't have any other systems (and don't care about analogue output), it's a no brainer switch.  can sell everdrives off too if you have them (or actual games lol).

kevtris has been working on his own product the Zimba 3000 for years and this is basically what cannibalized that project.  it will be the same deal as the nt mini (hacked firmware, roms off sd card).  Analogue actively encourages the hacked firmwares cuz it makes their products sell like crazy, but they can't exactly say this publically for legal reasons.

Edited: 10/16/2017 at 03:59 PM by TuSecsy

Oct 16, 2017 at 4:06:11 PM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia
Originally posted by: Tulpa

OSSC & Framemeisters aren't selling like hotcakes? You don't seriously believe that...
Do you have sales numbers? Even polling people here not that many have Framemeisters. Most hook their NES/SNES up to a random CRT from my view. The Framemeister was only for those willing to shell out to eek out more performance, and that's niche.

Again, this will appeal to the collector/gamer, and will remain niche, because that market is niche. Casuals will not be coming in droves to buy a $190 console.
Well, availability is poor and demand is frothing as a result but we still have to admit that it's all pretty niche. Heck, I just sold a Jungle Green UltraHDMI N64 console for $620 last night.

Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Originally posted by: TuSecsy

Originally posted by: empire

Biggest game changer in retro gaming ever, lol. Get real.
what's bigger?

Everdrive/powerpack

give it up bruh you are not getting anywhere. 
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Everdrives and SD2SNES, but I've always thought it was weird that so many people feel this way about them. It's probably because they weren't Earth-shattering for people who had SNES, N64, and Gameboy backup hardware and flashcarts back in the day.  

If anything, I was a bit disappointed in some of the modern solutions as they felt like a step backwards in some ways (using flash/EEPROM even when they used RAM as ROM so many years ago).

Bung Professor SF/Game Doctor 7, Far Front East Super Wildcard DX2, Mr. Backup Z64, Super UFO/Gamestation (now updated with SD card support and sold as the Super UFO Pro 8 flashcart), Doctor V64, etc. Heck, my friend would load N64 games from CD-R (SD card of the late '90s  ) through a PlayStation using Bung MGD^3 series hardware (I eventually bought it off him). The Bung MGD^2 series could do unique/amazing things for a ton of consoles and even supported Neo Geo AES. Take that, NeoSD! At least the Darksoft Neo Multi AES will be a real upgrade.  

Oct 16, 2017 at 4:09:38 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States

kevtris has been working on his own product the Zimba 3000 for years and this is basically what cannibalized that project.  it will be the same deal as the nt mini (hacked firmware, roms off sd card).  Analogue actively encourages the hacked firmwares cuz it makes their products sell like crazy, but they can't exactly say this publically for legal reasons.

Does the Zimba 3000 not have plans for original carts and controllers? Basically the only reason I'm interested in it is a convenient way to play vintage games like Atari and CV without using RF. Basically everything past NES has RGB output or an easy mod. MiST Computer already plays vintage ROMs. I was hoping for a way to use carts.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Oct 16, 2017 at 4:15:36 PM
TuSecsy (14)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
I seem to remember some kind of "flash cart" solution for NES back in the late 80s/early 90s. Pretty sure it used 1.4" floppy disks. Some ad in a video game magazine or something.