Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Jun 29, 2018 at 1:46:50 PM
RetroRewired (41)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Meka Chicken >
Kentucky
I was at a retro store today and spotted an N64 with a parallel port in a pile of junk behind the counter, someone traded in a CD64! They probably got $10 for it and they want $600 now, she thought it was a 64DD and I explained what it was and what it does, got to tour the storage area so that was cool but man I'm pissed someone locally had this and didn't sell it to me for $10.  

https://imgur.com/a/W1RgQEa...

-------------------------

I'm always on the hunt for broken disc-based consoles, PM me.
My eBay store: http://ebay.com/usr/nullmods

Edited: 06/29/2018 at 01:59 PM by RetroRewired

Jun 30, 2018 at 2:10:25 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Ninja warriors in a $20 lot.

https://imgur.com/gallery/YzA3WTn

I messaged but they were gone.

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Edited: 06/30/2018 at 02:15 PM by skinnygrinny

Jun 30, 2018 at 6:02:02 PM
The Count (106)
(Grant X.) < Lolo Lord >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

Dang, that's a box like the good old days.

Jun 30, 2018 at 6:05:17 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: The Count

Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

Dang, that's a box like the good old days.

I still see them every once in a while.

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:43:21 PM
turbografx 17 (0)
< Little Mac >
I bought a copy of luigis mansion mega man x7 soul calibur and double dragon at goodwill for 2.50 each

Related image

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:45:36 PM
turbografx 17 (0)
< Little Mac >
I was so close to getting an earthbound mario party and a bunch of nes snes ansd n64 games for 20

Related image

Jul 6, 2018 at 4:51:59 PM
DaneNES (7)
< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Saw contra force on eBay for 56$ free shipping. Ordered it immediately and then about 3 days later got a notice from eBay that the seller had closed his account months ago, and that someone hacked his profile for some reason, and my payment was returned. So at least my money wasn't scammed, but damn!

“Be quiet brain, or ill stab you with a Q-tip” ~Homer Simpson 

Jul 6, 2018 at 5:02:43 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: DaneNES

Saw contra force on eBay for 56$ free shipping. Ordered it immediately and then about 3 days later got a notice from eBay that the seller had closed his account months ago, and that someone hacked his profile for some reason, and my payment was returned. So at least my money wasn't scammed, but damn!

FYI $56 seems to be a common number for this, for whatever reason. Recently I've seen a number of current-gen consoles and retro games popping up for exactly $56 BIN on ebay, all on what look like reputable accounts.

I might even go so far as suggesting that people change their ebay password juuuust in case. There MAY have been some manner of information leak that we are not aware of. I don't want to fear-monger by any means, but safe > sorry.

Jul 6, 2018 at 5:16:54 PM
DaneNES (7)
< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Gloves

FYI $56 seems to be a common number for this, for whatever reason. Recently I've seen a number of current-gen consoles and retro games popping up for exactly $56 BIN on ebay, all on what look like reputable accounts.

I might even go so far as suggesting that people change their ebay password juuuust in case. There MAY have been some manner of information leak that we are not aware of. I don't want to fear-monger by any means, but safe > sorry.

it was strange for sure! i cant understand why when i made the purchase; they instantly removed the listing, payment was confirmed, but they never linked the hacked acount in a way that could recieve my money... whats the scam? and ebay's explanation as to what happend when i called, was just as confusing.

Jul 6, 2018 at 5:22:25 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California

it was strange for sure! i cant understand why when i made the purchase; they instantly removed the listing, payment was confirmed, but they never linked the hacked acount in a way that could recieve my money... whats the scam? and ebay's explanation as to what happend when i called, was just as confusing.

Some people really enjoy wasting other peoples' time.

Jul 19, 2018 at 4:32:00 PM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland
I saw an ad with some SNES games at 10 a piece. One of them was Megaman X2... Guess which game was already sold  

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Aug 4, 2018 at 3:37:35 AM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
My work held a large garage sale. I brought a table full of stuff including a hundred or so games. Including 20 or so decent N64 games

Not ONE person inquired about them or gave much notice. Who knew.

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Edited: 08/04/2018 at 03:37 AM by Brock Landers

Sep 3, 2018 at 4:34:26 PM
feuerlein (3)

< Cherub >
I was at my local gaming store when a guy was trading in games. He had a tengen tetris. After the guy traded it in I asked the clerk if I could buy it. They said they had to hold it for 2 weeks but would call me when it came off hold. They had taken it in as tetris since they didn't do the tengen version. So when it came off hold they sold it to me for $6.99 with the cardboard sleeve. Timing and cultivating a repore with your local gaming store really paid off in this case!

Sep 9, 2018 at 8:14:21 AM
Applehead (9)
(Carey Frazier) < Crack Trooper >
South Carolina
Went to the flea market this morning and spotted a table of gamecube games for $2 each. Good titles such as Mario sunshine,mario kart,mario party,zelda. EVERY one of them was either super scratched or cracked down the middle. Bummer.

Sep 14, 2018 at 1:15:06 AM
YOURTURN (0)
(Philip N.) < Little Mac >
California
This happened a few short years ago when I was trying to build a Street Fighter collection around both Sakura Kasugano and Ibuki.

I managed to get an open/complete copy of Street Fighter Zero 3, and a sealed (but it had a small crack on the back of the case) copy of Street Fighter III Double Impact (Japan version). What I wanted was a sealed copy of Street Fighter Zero 2 before I moved onto both the Marvel Vs. Capcom and SNK vs. Capcom titles. I managed to find one after a somewhat long search on eBay, with it being reasonably priced by a seller that promoted their New York game store. I will not say the store's name, just that their choices have me refuse to do any online business with them.

The reason is because while they said the item was "brand new", they could not give me a direct answer to my inquiry. They shipped my item from Texas and not New York. Which helped make my feelings on why they couldn't seem justified. When the item arrived, it was shipped in an semi-padded brown bag that uses an Amazon.com seller's name. There was no receipts, any protection, and a big rip on the front. And the only time I would hear from them is after I filed a grievance with eBay. Not before. And done more than once. The experience soured my attempts at completing my goals.

Edited: 09/15/2018 at 01:03 AM by YOURTURN

Sep 24, 2018 at 8:09:12 PM
DaneNES (7)
< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Saw an original donkey Kong arcade cab for $650 on Craigslist. Just F' ing misses it! Juuuuuuuuust missed it. I'm actually really bummed. Where I live it's cool for dive bars to have these machines. I was definitely going to make money on it someday.... if I got rid of it.. which I may not of. Guess I'll hit all the dives until I see it and offer to buy it.

Apr 22 at 11:37:02 AM
G-Type (1)
(Geoff ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Virginia
My parents got rid of my Stern Nine Ball, pinball machine   It had been a birthday present to me when I was in middle school. When I was in college, it stopped working, and I lacked the skill, (or money) to have it repaired. It has been sitting in their basement ever since (these past 20 years). I never had space in my house to take it, but I enjoyed looking at when I would go visit, and had always hoped that someday I might get to play it again. What bums me out the most is that they gave it away for next to nothing. ($100 bucks.) Physically it was in great condition, the paint, backglass, playfield all looked good. It just needed the electronic components to be repaired. I'm pretty sure that we could have hired someone to fix it up for a $200-300, and then the total value would have been easily over $1000

Check out my comic, The Scientists. It's like a "Genius-centric 'Goonies' that can turn thriller at any moment". 

Edited: 04/22/2019 at 11:37 AM by G-Type

Apr 22 at 11:56:42 AM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: G-Type

My parents got rid of my Stern Nine Ball, pinball machine   It had been a birthday present to me when I was in middle school. When I was in college, it stopped working, and I lacked the skill, (or money) to have it repaired. It has been sitting in their basement ever since (these past 20 years). I never had space in my house to take it, but I enjoyed looking at when I would go visit, and had always hoped that someday I might get to play it again. What bums me out the most is that they gave it away for next to nothing. ($100 bucks.) Physically it was in great condition, the paint, backglass, playfield all looked good. It just needed the electronic components to be repaired. I'm pretty sure that we could have hired someone to fix it up for a $200-300, and then the total value would have been easily over $1000

BazookaJoe, this is a case for you!

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Jun 09 at 12:41:24 AM
Archangel3090 (37)
< El Ripper >
Manitoba
came home after night shift... saw my neighbor was having a garage sale... was curious more than anything... it started at 8.... its now 810... some shit vulture is there with a rolling cart FULL of gaming stuff. talks the guy down to 20 bucks... i didn't see everything in it... but there was a cib colecovision system and a cib genesis system and i imagine so much more... He saw that I knew what he had and quickly agreed to 25 bucks, not my style to ruin it for someone, but I hate that he took it from me. I was like fuck this guy not even from the neighbourhood... but then I was like you know what this guy probably hits garage sales every weekend and finds dog shit most days... so good for him.... but it's been a month and im still mad being that closeeeee lol

Edited: 06/09/2019 at 12:58 AM by Archangel3090

Jul 27 at 2:27:00 PM
LutherDestroysTheGond (85)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Got the family up early for garage sales key wife and daughter hate it but there were tons today). Hit up the first one and hit a nice Atari 7800 lot for $15. Cool. Went to the next sale as they were setting up. I chatted the lady and eventually asked if she had any old video games. She goes in her house for a bit and comes out with 2 bankers boxes packed full of NES/SNES/Genesis games and hardware. I ask her how much for it all. We go back and forth and she eventually says $50. I said I have $15 left, I'll wait here and my wife will run to the ATM.

Then, some dude who I thought was setting up tapped the lady on the shoulder. He said "Here's $50. That's a no-brainer " I'm dumbfounded. I say that my wife just has to run to the bank at the end of the block and it'llyake less than 5 minutes. Dude says "Can't go to a sale with only $10. Not my fucking fault you weren't prepared". The lady is just happy to have the cash. I'm livid. My wife gets me to get in the car before I put my hands on this guy.

I'm still heated. This motherfucker was wasting his time buying old Babysitters Club books. I chatted the lady and got her to get the stuff out. I negotiated the price and because he had more cash at that instant and the lady had no integrity, I woke up early for nothing.

Notable games that i missed out on:

RC Pro AM 2
Adventure Island 1-3
Zelda 1 5-screw
Zelda 2
Link to the Past
Secret of Mana
Super Mario Bros 1-3
DK Country 1-3
NES Console
SNES Console
Genesis Model 3
About 40 other loose carts that I didnt get a good look at but were mostly commons iirc

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Jul 27 at 2:43:25 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: LutherDestroysTheGond

Got the family up early for garage sales key wife and daughter hate it but there were tons today). Hit up the first one and hit a nice Atari 7800 lot for $15. Cool. Went to the next sale as they were setting up. I chatted the lady and eventually asked if she had any old video games. She goes in her house for a bit and comes out with 2 bankers boxes packed full of NES/SNES/Genesis games and hardware. I ask her how much for it all. We go back and forth and she eventually says $50. I said I have $15 left, I'll wait here and my wife will run to the ATM.

Then, some dude who I thought was setting up tapped the lady on the shoulder. He said "Here's $50. That's a no-brainer " I'm dumbfounded. I say that my wife just has to run to the bank at the end of the block and it'llyake less than 5 minutes. Dude says "Can't go to a sale with only $10. Not my fucking fault you weren't prepared". The lady is just happy to have the cash. I'm livid. My wife gets me to get in the car before I put my hands on this guy.

I'm still heated. This motherfucker was wasting his time buying old Babysitters Club books. I chatted the lady and got her to get the stuff out. I negotiated the price and because he had more cash at that instant and the lady had no integrity, I woke up early for nothing.

RC Pro AM 2
Adventure Island 1-3
Zelda 1 5-screw
Zelda 2
Link to the Past
Secret of Mana
Super Mario Bros 1-3
DK Country 1-3
NES Console
SNES Console
Genesis Model 3
About 40 other loose carts that I didnt get a good look at but were mostly commons iirc

What? I am sorry that happened to you. Did the lady not care about holding them for you since you both agreed on a price for all the gaming stuff? That seriously sucks...

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Jul 27 at 2:53:43 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Well I mean... Why are you out going to garage sales with basically no cash at all?

Jul 27 at 3:05:24 PM
Michigan

Well I mean... Why are you out going to garage sales with basically no cash at all?

Started with $30. Got the Atari lot at a house that was close to me. Was planning on getting more at the ATM after this sale because our bank is at the end of that lady's block and we would drive past her house to get there anyway. When we mapped out the sales this morning that was our plan

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Jul 27 at 3:07:49 PM
Michigan
Originally posted by: Mega Tank

Originally posted by: LutherDestroysTheGond

RC Pro AM 2
Adventure Island 1-3
Zelda 1 5-screw
Zelda 2
Link to the Past
Secret of Mana
Super Mario Bros 1-3
DK Country 1-3
NES Console
SNES Console
Genesis Model 3

What? I am sorry that happened to you. Did the lady not care about holding them for you since you both agreed on a price for all the gaming stuff? That seriously sucks...

Yeah she just wanted the money ASAP. She said she forgot she even had the gaming stuff but remembered when I specifically asked. She wouldn't have even made a sale if it wasnt for me. Idk if I'm more mad at him or her. I've gone to a few sales over the years and had people hold stuff for me if I needed to go to an ATM. First time I got burned like this. And it would've been my find of the year

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Jul 27 at 3:09:05 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
Wow that sucks man. I learned my lesson from that after going to the flea market one weekend and negotiating a really good price for Mega Man and Mega Man 2 CIB with someone only to come back from the ATM and they were now asking double what we agreed because as soon as I left they looked up eBay prices.

Get cash the night before! I know, I know, thanks Capt. Hindsight

edit: I do also carry a spare check in my wallet just in case

Edited: 07/27/2019 at 03:10 PM by a3quit4s