Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

How can I verify my mobile phone with Paypal? I don't have a data plan or text messaging enabled...

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:10:09 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Title and topic summary explain it pretty much. I have my cell phone number registered with Paypal, and the site keeps nagging me to verify it. I don't have a data plan or text messaging service on my cell plan because those cost too much and we hardly ever used them. Ever try texting on a flip phone numeric keypad? It's a royal pain; takes like 5 minutes to type one sentence as opposed to 15 seconds to leave a voicemail. A couple years ago, I started getting spam on my phone, for example, "Meet hot singles in Shreveport," (my home town), and the stupid spam messages were costing me 25 cents a pop, so I had the service disabled. Basically, in order to verify my cell phone number, Paypal sends me a text message which my phone is not set up to recieve, then prompts me to input a confirmation code which I don't have access to. I want to get my cell phone number verified, but there's no "voice message" or other options to do so. My bank also gives an option to recieve a voice message instead of text, and I believe Yahoo also offers this service for account recovery, but voice is something Paypal apparently doesn't support.

-------------------------
~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:53:03 AM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
Have you tried calling PayPal about this? Maybe while you're on the phone they can verify you

my art stuff: http://punkr13.deviantart.com/...

my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:20:31 AM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
If you can't get texts add your phone number as a home phone. It won't ask to verify by text then.

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:23:13 AM
Piko (51)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< King Solomon >
New Hampshire
get a free number and texting with Google voice, then connect to your phone with wirless internet and the google voice app.

heck I got a working phone, receiving and making calls at home on VOIP, I use grooveip app and google voice, then I turn off the google talk on my email(browser) and on the phone I chose to redirect everything to the phone, then you can make and receive calls with your google voice phone.

So you don't need a plan at all, just an android phone/tablet and wireless internet.

ETA: you can text and see your texts at google/voice too

Edited: 12/13/2012 at 10:28 AM by Piko

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:08:30 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Look, I'm not changing carriers. I don't really think verifying my phone number would do a lot of good since even if I had a data plan, I don't have a smart phone to download paypal apps on. Important thing is my bank account and email are verified and I can use my email address to send and receive payment. It's just Paypal continues to nag me to verify my phone but I can't do it unless they add voice as an option. I may just change my settings and delete it.

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...