Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Cheetahmen II and Athletic world what are the value, why is this odd athletic world??

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:07:59 AM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
Originally posted by: dra600n

No, it's not. What YOU will pay doesn't make it the market price.

When there's basically only one copy up for sale...yeah, highest offer (with intent to pay, obviously) pretty much determines the market price.

-------------------------
https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:13:53 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: Krunch

When there's basically only one copy up for sale...yeah, highest offer (with intent to pay, obviously) pretty much determines the market price.

Not quite....when someone see's it going for nearly 2k, you'll see a lot pop out of the wood work to cash in, thus the price will probably fall a little bit.

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:49:56 AM
Arkturus (80)
(Brian Koo) < Lolo Lord >
California
Originally posted by: srh201

...and i have multiple CIB copies... soooooo there are 2 people on NA able to post a picture in less than an hour. tell him to fuck off

edit: the pic is old. i dont have some of this stuff anymore... and that mint sealed stack up on the right was the
one destroyed in the fris deal

Photobucket

Off the hook!  Long shot, but PM'ed

Playing Clash of Clans Hardcore - If your in-game and looking for a clan we're recruiting - PM me with details

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:11:16 AM
oldschoolnintendo (0)

(Pierre-Luc Belleau) < Cherub >
Quebec
@dra600n, how much would you be willing to pay for a sealed AW fff if you had the money? Joseph setting the price is like the owner setting the price at 10 000$

@gameboyscotty I wasn't clair about what version it was of course your not an idot.

I don't think it's worth it... He ask 10 000$ cash or exange for cheetahmen II CIB and bubble bobble 2 CIB and he is thinking about asking more games. I am not really into the sealed game business more CIB... but 10 000$ is way over the top. I think I agreed with 2k as a fair price. Again, he wont give me any picture yet.

What setting the price is what people are ready to pay for. No history behing this game and nobody really know about it makes it less valuable but it might change. I think everybody is too busy with stadium events to event care about this one yet...

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:15:40 AM
oldschoolnintendo (0)

Quebec
Impressive... How much do you think it's worth for a sealed copy? No pictures yet so I am just waiting.

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:39:20 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: oldschoolnintendo

@dra600n, how much would you be willing to pay for a sealed AW fff if you had the money? Joseph setting the price is like the owner setting the price at 10 000$

If the owner actually has it, and if I were willing to waste that much on a sealed copy, I'd offer about $1300, maybe a little less. Of course, I'd wait for a few more to pop up. You need to be patient about things. If I had a cheetaman 2 CIB and he had a sealed AW FFF, I'd trade it, but not along side a BB2 CIB. That's just silly. I'm also a different kind of collector than those that just want to be "prestigious" and "pretentious" and only own rare games, so I won't go as deep into my pocket as other idiots.

Mar 25, 2012 at 3:03:56 AM
srh201 (114)
(Hootie McBoobins D.N.S.) < Bowser >
United States
i would trade a cheetahmen 2 CIB (minus the instructions of course) for a mint sealed fff aw. i wouldnt do anything in addition to that. fuck him. if he says he wants $10k, you are better off just refraining from communicating with him anymore. it is just a waste of time. he has been watching too many episodes of storage wars and he thinks his stuff is worth 10x more than what it is actually worth. you are going down a dark path if you decide to do business with this guy. dont do it

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!

Mar 25, 2012 at 6:03:13 PM
Krunch (146)
Alberta

Originally posted by: Krunch

Not quite....when someone see's it going for nearly 2k, you'll see a lot pop out of the wood work to cash in, thus the price will probably fall a little bit.

I agree with what you are saying about more copies coming out, but I'm talking about value right now at this very moment.

Mar 25, 2012 at 6:52:19 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Still Krunch, 1 sale doesn't determine the current market value on something that has more than 1 copy in existence. If someone pays $1.2 million for a sealed SE, does that set the price for the next sealed SE? Nope. Look what happened with phish0r with that 40k 75 grade VGA SE. I see someone in this thread being as completely illogical as that dude, and that's fine, but spouting off what the current market value is based on a "oh, this game is going to increase its value 1.5 times because I say so without having any data to back it up", then throwing that offer out, doesn't make it the current value.

Mar 25, 2012 at 7:01:29 PM
Krunch (146)
Alberta
Eh, I guess I am just taking the word market value literally. I don't consider copies not for sale to be in the market since they are not up for grabs.

Obviously prices fluctuate, even moreso with scarce items. All I'm trying to say is that there is someone with a reputation for being a big spender throwing out an offer on the only copy for sale. To me, that makes it the current market value and whether the price changes a few months down the road is irrelevant.

Mar 26, 2012 at 1:07:07 PM
Parpunk (172)
(Mark ) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
Originally posted by: Braveheart69

Originally posted by: qixmaster

Erik, we need pictures... Stat
Yep I have this one sealed and perfect Mint!

Geesh Erik nice money shot. i love the crowd in the background lol. 

Shop Retro Video Games, Vinyl, Toys, Comics, and more at https://www.backtothemedia.com/ 
Visit our store in Winchester Virginia! http://www.facebook.com/backtothemedia
NES Games beaten in 2013 - http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&am...
Me getting my first Nintendo in 1990 (for real) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjhKPNV2PbM

Mar 26, 2012 at 1:23:35 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada

Still Krunch, 1 sale doesn't determine the current market value on something that has more than 1 copy in existence. If someone pays $1.2 million for a sealed SE, does that set the price for the next sealed SE? Nope. Look what happened with phish0r with that 40k 75 grade VGA SE. I see someone in this thread being as completely illogical as that dude, and that's fine, but spouting off what the current market value is based on a "oh, this game is going to increase its value 1.5 times because I say so without having any data to back it up", then throwing that offer out, doesn't make it the current value.

the 40k copy was twice as nice as phishor's so I'm not surprised he got his for much less.  

some talk about it having sold for 25k finally a while back, anybody confirm?

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Mar 26, 2012 at 1:38:35 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Since this thread has gone long OT anyway, it seems a bit silly to argue over the "market" value of an item that is quite scarce. There really is no market value, the seller just holds until he finds a buyer's offer attractive.

When there's a public bounty on a rare item, that usually acts as the floor... if the buyer is to be taken seriously, and motivated. If that buyer is offering $xxx amount and still not obtaining a copy, you obviously have to go higher to pry one out of a collector's hands. Or be patient and wait for an auction, which could be a looooong time depending on rarity.

You can talk about market value on items that are frequently sold and traded. For very scarce items, there's no point in arguing it. You can argue a last known sales point as a start of your negotiations, but it certainly shouldn't be called "market value".

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Edited: 03/26/2012 at 01:39 PM by jonebone

Mar 26, 2012 at 1:50:48 PM
Fantomex (216)
(Chris Z) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
Well said

Mar 26, 2012 at 2:13:37 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Yeah agree with Bonas Jonas. To date I can only think of 3 confirmed sealed copies of this out there including mine. If this guy has one then that would be 4. So it's not like they are going to "come out of the woodwork" as people on here think they will. CIB sure but not sealed.

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Mar 26, 2012 at 2:21:25 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
exactly... well said guys. I'm not selling my sealed copy for 2k or anything like that, I can pretty well guarantee Erik won't either, that leaves one copy to "come out of the woodwork" LOL

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Mar 26, 2012 at 2:23:04 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: JosephLeo

Hello Pierre-Luc, welcome to NintendoAGE!

While Athletic World (Family Fun Fitness variant) is indeed a rare title, even more so sealed, it is nowhere near as rare as Stadium Events. A CIB in bad condition might be worth around $200 whereas a mint condition one around $500. If I remember, the last one sealed sold for $1,250.00 last year so it should be a $1,750.00 item right now IF IT'S SEALED

Trading a Cheetahmen II CIB ($1,500) and a Bubble Bobble 2 CIB ($350) is probably a fair trade for a sealed Athletic World FFF-variant.
Not that it matters for the reasons stated above but what's this "last year" copy?  I did a search on the boards and unless I am missing something there hasn't been a sealed copy in over three years on the boards

Mar 26, 2012 at 2:55:43 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: Bronty

exactly... well said guys. I'm not selling my sealed copy for 2k or anything like that, I can pretty well guarantee Erik won't either, that leaves one copy to "come out of the woodwork" LOL

Hey, never dismiss the possibility of someone finding a crate of sealed copies

Mar 26, 2012 at 4:08:46 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Yeah it's sitting right next to Hounder's crate of sealed SE's...

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Mar 26, 2012 at 4:41:06 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Not saying it's likely, but anything can, and does, happen. Hell, a sealed F2 popped up, and I'd think that's less likely to happen than a few boxes of a sealed game that was available in the stores.

Mar 26, 2012 at 8:33:02 PM
unforgiven (33)
(Marc-André Belleau) < Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
Haha. I know the guy who has this game. He also owned a bunch of Family Fun Fitness pads. Didn't he?

Mar 27, 2012 at 1:04:44 AM
oldschoolnintendo (0)

Quebec
Wow!!! didn`t know you where on NA MAB hahahahha He want my cheetahman and bubble bobble 2. It's a friend of a friend so I don't know the guy very well. He will take cash but only 10 000$. He have 2 sealed copy, so that will mean two other sealed copy confirmed (pictures too follow when I actually get some) What do you think bro?

Mar 27, 2012 at 1:10:20 PM
unforgiven (33)
(Marc-André Belleau) < Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
Is he from Longueuil? He showed one copy of Athletic Worlds, he told me he would sell this for 30K$. He probably thinks he can get Stadium Events money for it.
I would keep CM2 and BB2 if they are CIB & mint condition. It's not worth it for me.

Mar 27, 2012 at 1:26:00 PM
Quack (68)
(Quack Quack) < King Solomon >
Florida
Originally posted by: Parpunk

Originally posted by: Braveheart69

Originally posted by: qixmaster

Erik, we need pictures... Stat
Yep I have this one sealed and perfect Mint!

Geesh Erik nice money shot. i love the crowd in the background lol. 

I agree Mark....he must have his degree in photography as he always positions his pictures juuuuust right.

Mr Penguin O4 (9:01:18 PM): Quackenguin
SnappleSTG (9:01:28 PM): Pengenbush

Swing by my YouTube channel for a visit, and sub up while you're there! :)

Mar 27, 2012 at 2:48:07 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
lol