Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Brazil's NTDEC pirates

Nov 8, 2006 at 8:45:35 PM
JC (7)

< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Is there anything special about these? I don't know much about the Brazilian market, because I haven't yet been able to tap into it much, but I may have gotten my hands on some of these. Are they hard to find or at worth anything in the American/eBay market? Are there any particular ones to look out for?

Nov 8, 2006 at 11:21:48 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Crime Busters is the most well known Brazil game, and prob fetches the most money on a US ebay. War in the Guld also usually brings a pretty high amount most the time. Most of the games aren't to expensive or worth that much, usually shipping is the worst part. Some of them just don't show up to often. Jbholio will prob be able to tell you more, he is the resident Brazil guy for NA.
~~NGD

-------------------------
Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Nov 9, 2006 at 12:42:01 AM
JC (7)

< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
One of the reasons I'm curious is because the database is missing pics of a lot of them, so I figured it must be either hard to track them down or they are too costly, or a bit of both. We'll see what others have to say.

Nov 9, 2006 at 7:20:15 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Nothing super special about these, as they're fairly common for Brazil games (which still makes them uncommon to most places other than Brazil). The NTDEC games will all have the images -- we're actually touching up that area as we speek. That company only produced 6 generic labels (all different) that went with their various games, depending on genre. That said, some games will share the same label. JBHolio is my source of info on this, so maybe he'll chime in.

-Dain

Nov 9, 2006 at 8:27:31 PM
jbholio (5)
(JB Martin) < Crack Trooper >
Quebec
Yeah, as Dain said NTDEC made 6 different labels and used them for all their games. Some carts are without pics but there are some that I don't know which game goes with which label because I didn't save pics for all games I've seen. I'd say the rarity of NTDEC NES games would be average (5) for the brazilian market. They use the same kind of cases as Gradiente/Milmar/Winner Game carts. If I were you I'd only buy the games if they are very cheap. Shipping from Brazil can be expensive.

Nov 9, 2006 at 9:50:58 PM
JC (7)

< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Cool, thanks jbholio. What's "cheap"? Like $10 bucks each? More, less? What if they're factory seal as opposed to CIB and cart-only?

Nov 9, 2006 at 10:32:36 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
$10 each would be my max for loose carts, and even that's a bit steep. CIB or sealed is another story -- I would think either would be significantly more rare than cart-only. Did these even come sealed?

-Dain

Nov 9, 2006 at 10:57:47 PM
JC (7)

< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
I ask because a dude is telling me he'll trade five "factory sealed" NTDECs for some games on my trade list. So, unless he's lying, which I doubt, NTDECs must come sealed.

Nov 10, 2006 at 7:29:53 PM
jbholio (5)
Quebec
I'd pay $5 max for a loose NTDEC NES game. I'd pay $10 if it's factory sealed but it would be my very max. It can be factory sealed because in Brazil, NTDEC games come with boxes. I've seen big lots of sealed NTDEC NES games on mercadolivre some years ago. Are you sure it's NTDEC games from Brazil? I'm asking this because NTDEC made tons of pirate stuff and they were published a bit everywhere in the world. If it's from Brazil, it also say "Conector" on the back label of the carts.

Edited: 11/10/2006 at 07:31 PM by jbholio

Nov 10, 2006 at 8:35:11 PM
JC (7)

< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Well, guess I'll find out for sure when I get the games. I'll post a pic or two. I ended up trading about $50 bucks worth of stuff for the NTDECs and a Famicom pirate. Time will tell.

Any particular Brazilian games I should look out for in the future?

Nov 11, 2006 at 12:25:25 PM
jbholio (5)
Quebec
Originally posted by: JC
Any particular Brazilian games I should look out for in the future?

Brazil NES games are fun to collect because a lot of stuff can't be found in any other country. You should look for unlicensed games by CCE, Milmar, Gradiente, Dynacom, Dismac... Search on nintendoage for a full list. I don't recommend getting all other pirate games because it will be too hard. I still find new brazilian pirate games every week. If you like licensed games you can also get Playtronic games.

To Dain : I don't know why but there is a Double Dragon by Gradiente listed as unlicensed in the database which doesn't exist. You should remove it.

Jan 18, 2007 at 1:51:03 AM
JC (7)

< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
There had been a question here about whether or not NTDECs ever came factory sealed. I got the NTDECs I was expecting and they're all factory sealed, though poorly -- maybe expected from a pirate company.

Edited: 01/18/2007 at 01:52 AM by JC