Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Hello from LI NY Hello from LI NY!

Apr 16 at 12:33:57 AM
Lambda (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Hope everyone is doing well! I'm brand new to NintendoAge. A little about me: I own a specialty IT co that does website builds/rebuilds, SEO/ORM, and whitehat penetration testing/security ops. I'm a tinkerer, coder, and electronics lover at heart. The nostalgia of childhood gaming (Atari2600, NES, Genesis) has recently awoken from a long slumber, and I've been recently rebuilding collections of everything that wow'd and amazed me as a kid... and so here I find myself ready to interact with this great community. I've dabbled I'm home brew creations (strictly for the Atari2600) and now hope to move over to NES as I keep developing my game design skills. (What kid didn't dream of creating their own game one day?!) Great to meet you all, and I hope everyone has a great night! Thanks for having me!

-------------------------
whoami:iamroot

Apr 16 at 6:58:42 AM
Scrobins09 (8)
(Sean ) < Eggplant Wizard >
District of Columbia
Welcome to NA, good luck with your homebrewing! What kind of games did you make for the Atari 2600?

Apr 16 at 8:09:53 AM
JamesRobot (22)
(JamsGobot ) < King Solomon >
Colorado

Apr 16 at 8:19:11 AM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Hello! Welcome to NA!  

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Apr 16 at 9:03:52 AM
Wheelcakes (14)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Welcome to the site Mr. Freeman  

KDDK Player  

Apr 16 at 12:38:36 PM
Lambda (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: Wheelcakes

Welcome to the site Mr. Freeman  

Haha I was waiting for that! I have to admit... of all the games I’ve ever played, very few amazed me the way Half Life did. Played it on a WinXP (I’ve since made the change to Linux), on an AMD GPU. The intro alone had my jaw on the floor.

thanks to all for the kind words!

Apr 16 at 12:52:50 PM
Lambda (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: Scrobins09

Welcome to NA, good luck with your homebrewing! What kind of games did you make for the Atari 2600?

Thanks for the interest, Scrobins09!
In December of 18, I released a game called Spear Diver for the Atari 2600. The game is more along the lines of a mini-game rather than a full fledged game. It has mechanical elements inspired by Pac-Man, Dragster/Barnstorming (the timing elements). The game is basically an open concept maze chase style game. It’s a short game, but when I had it beta tested, I was truly impressed with the feedback I got. (I had friends who had never so much as seen an Atari before play the game, and I expected they would put it down when they lost... they played for 30-40 minutes straight until they completed it... and the reactions were priceless). “The game is a wrist breaker and is both extremely frustrating but hilariously fun” - quote from my best friend who, again, never played an Atari before.

ive actually never even posted about the game in any forum. I only created 7 copies along with a Proto, and Alpha for myself (I plan to have my newborn daughter introduced to retro gaming when she’s a bit older), and a single game demo cart. The game demo cart was created because I actually landed a deal with a local retro store and was able to get them to display it on the shelf and run my sales through them. This the first time I’m ever really mentioning the game in a forum. I’ll post some pictures. The CIB comes with the game box, cart, full color manual, and a mini poster.

If anyone here is on Long Island, GameOn in Smithtown is a great spot. A big thanks to them for being open minded enough to carry a homebrew.

If anyone is interested, I’ll share more details in the brewery forum.
pic related

Apr 16 at 1:24:10 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Hey yo guy.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Apr 16 at 2:51:56 PM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
Wantagh welcomes you!

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Apr 16 at 2:55:45 PM
Lambda (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: zi

Wantagh welcomes you!

Ayyy!! I’m a Massapequa native myself, thanks for having me guys!

Apr 16 at 6:43:19 PM
jfreakofkorn (23)
< King Solomon >
United States
welcome to the party ....

Apr 16 at 7:45:58 PM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Sup

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

Apr 16 at 8:23:42 PM
Dragonight (3)
(Keith Williams) < Crack Trooper >
Louisiana
Welcome!

May 05 at 12:59:01 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Welcome to NA!

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

May 28 at 9:01:43 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
Howdy ho, I actually lived in Long Island for a few as well with my wife. She was born and raised there in Nesconset so I moved in with her there before we moved to MD. +1 for GameOn I always buy some stuff when I am there. The buy 5 get 4 free NES rack games is awesome for filler!

May 30 at 7:56:33 PM
Lambda (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: a3quit4s

Howdy ho, I actually lived in Long Island for a few as well with my wife. She was born and raised there in Nesconset so I moved in with her there before we moved to MD. +1 for GameOn I always buy some stuff when I am there. The buy 5 get 4 free NES rack games is awesome for filler!

Ahh very cool! I’m over in Smithtown now, so really just a hop skip and a jump from Nesconset! 
And I totally agree.. GameOn is probably the best retro shop around, imho, and the staff there is awesome. I can’t walk into that store without leaving with a bag full of Atari/(S)NES games in my hand haha. 
And the fact that they gave my homebrew production some shelf space was so awesome of them. Really can’t say enough great things about those guys.
Next time you’re in town, you should give their instagram a lookover.. they post quiet sales and promotions there that you can get if you mention seeing it on their page. Really great guys, and a great store .

May 30 at 7:59:16 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
It's super cool of them to give your game space! Not sure when I will be back there again but I will definitely look up some sales.