NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Well now I know the truth about the game chasers

LOCKED TOPIC

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:10:14 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
I know alot of people like them, but I always had my doubts about them. I always thought they had to be reselling to fund this operation because it doesnt make sense spending hundreds of dollars in gas on the hunt and not make anything back through reselling games. Well on a recent trip through texas I stopped in a game store that is usually decent and ripe with good stuff. This time it was the most barron store I had ever seen. No ps1 good games (very rare for this store)
Rarest nes game was crystalis and it was even cracked. Rest of the shelf was full of anticipation. There has never been a time I went in this store and didnt find a few games. I hadnt been there in 5 or 6 months. I ask the store manager what the deal was because even the expensive games were so lacking that it looked like the store was cleaned out proffessionally. She said the Game chasers came in there about a month or so before and spent over 900 dollars wiping them out of stuff even like multiple copies of the same final fantasy. Then today in my home town, I go out to some flea markets, and the game chasers were apparently there this morning right before me. I asked my local people I always talk to and help me out finding stuff, and they said those two guys said they weren't collectors and one vendor told me they spent over 200 bucks with him this morning. It doesnt make me mad that they got stuff. I dont give a shit. They have the right to buy stuff. Im just amazed how opposed to reselling they are on there videos and basically dogging the practice. I resell, and have no problem with them doing it. Game chasers are hacks, and they are ruining things in texas. Ive been to a couple of stores they went to that employees new nothing until they filmed there and now are looking out for stuff. They are actually hurting themselves and other collectors. Anyways end rant. I know some people on this site like them, and even patnespunk is probably there friend since they have done videos together and actually had anti reselling specials lol. Just wanted to call them out a bit because now there reselling is in my towns turf like 3.5 hours away from them.

oh and in the videos acting like they are broke all the time? well they arent. Its all show

-------------------------

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 03/24/2012 at 01:17 PM by quest4nes

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:15:53 PM
RetroBasement (142)
(I read PM's !) < King Solomon >
Ohio
i watched about 40 seconds of one video and it annoyed me how the opener was the same thing as american pickers lol so i stopped

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:20:00 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: RetroBasement

i watched about 40 seconds of one video and it annoyed me how the opener was the same thing as american pickers lol so i stopped

Everyone likes them so much but if they were buying games to resell in your town or your frequent turf its a little different. I dont want to come off as jealous or anything. Far from it. I already have every rarer game they have found and frankly I dont care that they got them, it just makes me mad how they pose as one thing and do the opposite. Not a complaint about reselling. I dont care. They can do what they want. Just stop posing

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:21:50 PM
needler420 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Jay L) < Little Mac >
Florida
Well that you're in Texas makes sense. Probably the hardest place they hit. And yeah they probably contribute to a lot of reselling as well as getting people who just collect to turn in to resellers.

They end up waking a lot of people up to the current market value. So that even you're most casual FPS COD fan knows what's rare and what isn't.

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:30:33 PM
Minister Mishkin (68)
(Andy R) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
I find this hard to believe, but I guess it's because I don't want to believe it. They really don't act like resellers on the show.

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:34:21 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
can we back up for a sec? WTF is this? a tv show? an online thing? I'm not familiar with them

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:35:59 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: TheClassicVideoGamer

I find this hard to believe, but I guess it's because I don't want to believe it. They really don't act like resellers on the show.

I know thats why it made me mad. They bought one of my vendors out today. I know what she had. Its reselling.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:36:03 PM
needler420 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Jay L) < Little Mac >
Florida

I don't find it that hard to believe. Once they have every rare game and they hooked their buddies up with the same rare game they aren't going to leave a expensive rare behind. Nor will they hook a random person up at spot price maybe a few times but no one is going to just keep selling random people games at spot price its be just a waste of time for almost anyone. Who's going out and doing favors for random people.

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:37:48 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Bronty

can we back up for a sec? WTF is this? a tv show? an online thing? I'm not familiar with them

lol its youtube show about guys who are posing like american pickers for video games. Its pretty popular now and part of retroware tv. They are so anti reseller on there show. I have uncovered a tad bid of evidence to it and just calling them out on it on a site I know that people like them. I wish I ran into them today

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 03/24/2012 at 01:39 PM by quest4nes

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:27:29 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
I enjoy watching this youtube show, becuase most I can realate to the game hunting. If what you say is true, that does suck they are lying to there audiences. But Im really not all that suprised. I mean lets face it F2 and LS found out in the wild in the same year, caught on film, amongest many other rare games. The show is most likely staged, unless these are the only 2 guys looking for retro games in texas, which everyone knows is a big state. Regardless of what may be truth or what is stage I still enjoy the show.

Playas Guide Logo

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:33:44 PM
Minister Mishkin (68)
(Andy R) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
I still can't believe it. I feel a bit bent over if you know what I mean.

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:34:09 PM
evilive138 (22)
(Mike Sherman) < El Ripper >
New Hampshire
I tried watching their show a few times and couldn't get into it.

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:52:21 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

sorry man didnt want to ruin your day haha. Just this morning clearing out one of my vendors i frequent put me in a real bad mood.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:55:23 PM
Minister Mishkin (68)
(Andy R) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Originally posted by: quest4nes

sorry man didnt want to ruin your day haha. Just this morning clearing out one of my vendors i frequent put me in a real bad mood.

Ha ha, it's alright. How is thread not outraging more people is what I don't understand.

Mar 24, 2012 at 3:21:01 PM
guest2586 (1)

(guest user) < Crack Trooper >
United States
most stuff online or on tv is fake. either photoshop, special effects, or lies by the person. game chasers is mere entertainment. they are people, not angels. people are greedy and selfish in general and we need money to satisfy that greed and self pleasure. i don't blame nor applaud 'em. i just say don't believe the stuff too much you see or hear through others or in any media form. heck you can't even trust family members! you're gonna trust the game chasers? lmao! i am laughing in general, not at you. otoh, i applaud you for enlightening me on what i kinda knew about ppl anyway.

i am not a crack trooper. i am a cherub, my favorite title. 

Edited: 03/24/2012 at 03:21 PM by guest2586

Mar 24, 2012 at 3:25:27 PM
ndcapo (42)
< Eggplant Wizard >
North Dakota
Originally posted by: RetroBasement

^ this 

Do you think a show like this will get picked up at some point? Bad enough here with $100 atari/ nes systems..

Mar 24, 2012 at 3:35:50 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: AlirazaVideoGames

most stuff online or on tv is fake. either photoshop, special effects, or lies by the person. game chasers is mere entertainment. they are people, not angels. people are greedy and selfish in general and we need money to satisfy that greed and self pleasure. i don't blame nor applaud 'em. i just say don't believe the stuff too much you see or hear through others or in any media form. heck you can't even trust family members! you're gonna trust the game chasers? lmao! i am laughing in general, not at you. otoh, i applaud you for enlightening me on what i kinda knew about ppl anyway.

i am not a crack trooper. i am a cherub, my favorite title. 

you didnt say anything that nobody already knows. I knew it and just called him out. This is specific not some generalization about people

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Mar 24, 2012 at 3:52:40 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
Not surprised they're frauds. I have seen two of them and the first looked legit but then to see flintstones and Samson in the same episode I figured it as fixed. It does make sense with all the driving they are frauds and hypocritical liars. Keep spreading the word as they're ruining for everyone in the area. I bet going forward your uninformed good sources of games will want more.

Last year this dick named Larry found his way up from south county and fanned him and four others out and robbed the flea blind and resold the same day. Got away with it for four weekends until people caught on. That is when. My twenty dollar bill stopped getting me like up to nine games and rapidly down to one to three for the same and people using eBay and net phones. I HATE people who pull this stuff.

Mar 24, 2012 at 4:18:46 PM
jukeboxhero_23 (0)
< Little Mac >
Alberta

I feel the same way man.
I was suspisious of them reselling a little to fund their collecting but buying that much out of a single vendor to resell?! Kinda crazy.

Newest Buys
N64: pokemon puzzle league (C)
SNES: Starfox (CI), Fatal Fury 2 (CI), Kirby's Dream Course (CI)
NES: Pinball (B), Megaman 4 (C)

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:00:31 PM
Warped (12)
(Ken O) < Meka Chicken >
Nebraska
I am highly skeptical of any "reality" programming, on the internet or not. Stuff like that always is planned out so this doesn't surprise me. Either way, glad they aren't up here to kill my market. Wonder if someone knows their eBay name so I can avoid.

Mar 24, 2012 at 7:00:43 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
All of this is under speculation, Maybe it's all just coincidental... ? Some of you guys here have met them irl-- what's you guy's take?

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Mar 24, 2012 at 7:13:27 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Maybe Pat will weigh in on this and give his take on the situation.

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

Mar 24, 2012 at 7:29:10 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: bearcat-doug

Maybe Pat will weigh in on this and give his take on the situation.

Not really speculation when one store told me they spent that much money and what they bought. I dont have 1st account evidence. But these two instances along with my cousin in little rock telling me what the stores in his town said to him about them. 

and bearcat......im sure they they are nice....im sure they are hardcore gamers, but dont be a hyporcrite about it. I doubt pat has gone on game purchases with them. They live in different areas and hang out at convention stuff apparently. I doubt they would even speak to him about reselling. This is something minor, I dont care about reselling. I dont care that they find stuff at places I go. I do care that they lie about it, and reveal places in their videos about places I like to go and tip off employees to rarities who usually wouldnt know the difference or wouldnt even care besides the money.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Mar 24, 2012 at 7:47:16 PM
TWarwick07 (85)
(Kung Fu Master) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
I have seen their shows and dont hate them but dont like them either. But your right why show them driving around getting one game at a time but not show them dropping almost a G note in one store. sounds very fishy to me??

Mar 24, 2012 at 8:26:45 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: TWarwick07

I have seen their shows and dont hate them but dont like them either. But your right why show them driving around getting one game at a time but not show them dropping almost a G note in one store. sounds very fishy to me??

See also the two games they found samson and F2, im sure that was legit. I found little samson at one of those stores even. The problem is now the employees are more educated to look out for it. Also learned they traveled around with the district manager of those stores in arkansas. Also its suspicous why now those two games in that stores system are  now 34.95 instead of 4.95. Still a great deal, but you have to understand that now those games will be put in the glass case and will be caught by  anybody instead of just in the pile of carts on the rack. Also an employee who sees an old game for 34.95 will probably look it up. Again I dont care about someone finding one. Thats great im happy for them, but now you just killed the fun out of it because now its even harder to find.

They didnt even have a 34.95 nes price in the system. It was made up recently for these games after Im sure the district manager talked to them and saw there videos. Im sure the district manager made this price so he could easily track those games if any store got one since they just changed pos systems recently to a more efficient version that apparently even changes the price of the sticker automatically when they scan it with an old sticker. Pretty shady practice right there.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 03/24/2012 at 08:30 PM by quest4nes