Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Would you join us for NA 2 - electric boogaloo A complete refresh to a site for modern times

Oct 05 at 2:55:19 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: empire

Originally posted by: Bratwurst

A new website would be the death knell for this place. You might succeed in pulling some of the userbase to it, but you'd have even less people posting there than you do here. Activity would recede over time as all you'd be doing is creating a schism between the old and the new.

Enjoy what you have.

You do know that this site will be dead sooner than later right? There's no one doing any sort of upkeep on it, and the site itself is prehistoric as far as forums go. The new site is so that the members of NA have somewhere to go where the owners and admins will actually give a shit about the site and keep the community going.

I'm not as active in my old age as I used to be, but this was what I was wondering. I'm fine with the site the way it the way it is, but if its easier on those who are taking care of and maintaining the site to change it, I can't really argue with that.

-------------------------
2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

Oct 05 at 3:18:13 PM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Starting a new forum, people leaving, and it becoming more personal due the decrease in size? Sounds like what all of the old timers have been wanting for years.

I like NA, I like discussing games and collecting, but it's a troll fest here anymore and not something that I find myself wanting to be a part of. At some point we decided keeping anyone and everyone here was more important than showing some folks who don't play nice with others the door. That hasn't made for a great community in recent years.

I'd be up for being part of something new. That, or the switch will help me to stop checking the internet on a daily basis and kick the habit.

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Oct 05 at 3:40:48 PM
JamesRobot (22)
(JamsGobot ) < King Solomon >
Colorado
Originally posted by: dra600n

Originally posted by: JamesRobot

Originally posted by: dra600n

Originally posted by: JamesRobot

I'm in. Transfer my badges though please.

The badge system is so epicly stupid lol

Says the guy with the schooner badge.

Don't be a hater. 

No hatin'. I love badges.

Oct 05 at 3:45:36 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions

Starting a new forum, people leaving, and it becoming more personal due the decrease in size? Sounds like what all of the old timers have been wanting for years.

I like NA, I like discussing games and collecting, but it's a troll fest here anymore and not something that I find myself wanting to be a part of. At some point we decided keeping anyone and everyone here was more important than showing some folks who don't play nice with others the door. That hasn't made for a great community in recent years.

I'd be up for being part of something new. That, or the switch will help me to stop checking the internet on a daily basis and kick the habit.

To the bolded- most of the staff over the years would have preferred to show those guys the door as well, but we don't own the site so we don't make the rules.

Oct 05 at 4:09:32 PM
the tall guy (130)
(Randy the Astonishing) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions

To the bolded- most of the staff over the years would have preferred to show those guys the door as well, but we don't own the site so we don't make the rules.

"Meeting internet dudes is what being a dude on the internet is all about!"  ~OSG 

Oct 05 at 4:26:31 PM
joshf (15)
< Crack Trooper >
Kwajalein State
I would follow you fellows anywhere.

Oct 05 at 4:27:14 PM
joshf (15)
< Crack Trooper >
Kwajalein State
double post  

Edited: 10/05/2019 at 11:06 PM by joshf

Oct 05 at 4:53:32 PM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland
Originally posted by: Gloves

Originally posted by: zeppelin03

Originally posted by: Richardhead

Why don't you all just join the NA Discord? Lots happening over there ...

I can never find the discord link. Is there a thread for it? Pretty sure I accidently left the server when cleaning up my feeds.

https://discordapp.com/channels/320191941864062977/320191941...

It's at the top of the site in the nav as "Chat [New!]"

Link isn't working for me.

If I try to join a server and type in the link, it says the link is unavailable or has expired.

My WTB thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Edited: 10/05/2019 at 04:59 PM by yukfou

Oct 05 at 5:36:08 PM
zeppelin03 (62)
< El Ripper >
Ohio
Originally posted by: yukfou

I can never find the discord link. Is there a thread for it? Pretty sure I accidently left the server when cleaning up my feeds.

Link isn't working for me.

If I try to join a server and type in the link, it says the link is unavailable or has expired.

Same here. Just taking me to the discord home page.

Oct 05 at 5:38:02 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

Link isn't working for me. If I try to join a server and type in the link, it says the link is unavailable or has expired.

Try this link?

https://discord.gg/FMcXx4...

Oct 05 at 5:46:45 PM
zeppelin03 (62)
< El Ripper >
Ohio

Link isn't working for me. If I try to join a server and type in the link, it says the link is unavailable or has expired.

Try this link?

https://discord.gg/FMcXx4

Worked for me. I accepted. If I remember correctly you have to wait for confirmation.

Oct 05 at 6:04:48 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts

Originally posted by: B.A.

Originally posted by: KHAN Games

I may have missed this fact, but will the new site be officially related to NA in any way, or are we just sort of putting up a "competitive" site, so to speak?

I think that would be better, but so far all of our efforts to make NA proper live on but with updated architecture have failed. We can't do it without ownership approval obviously. From the initial post: Can we call a new site NA? - Ideally that would be best. We asked if we could do that on our own, for free. Build the new site and call it NA. We were told no. We inquired about buying the site, we were ignored. Ignoring isn't a "no", so that's progress I suppose, anything is possible there.

I wouldn't count on calling the new place "NintendoAge" or any variant thereof.   That could get voted on later.   Hell, you could call it "Super Nolan Bros. Online Boxing Studio" and as long as people knew what it was they could head there.

Now if we DON'T call it that, I feel like it's a pretty serious missed opportunity.

I think the new logo should just be a close up of your spider bite over a back drop of Palamedes guy's pee-pee pic.

This new site is gonna be so sick.

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Edited: 10/05/2019 at 06:05 PM by MrMark0673

Oct 05 at 6:13:18 PM
LifeGame (63)
(M D) < El Ripper >
Quebec
NA has been my daily go to site for a decade now so everyone saying it will disappear makes me kinda anxious (and im not the anxious type). I dont post a lot but i read a lot and i dig the homebrews and some hacks and have encouraged a lot of projects here, that would be my main contribution as a member if it counts, i think it does  

NA going away means i can almost go back to a flip phone...
All that means NA is important for me and im in whatever we need to keep it going

NES games to finish my licensed set -S.E. :  DOWN TO 2

LITTLE SAMSON, DINO PEAK

NES licensed : 674/677

Oct 05 at 6:15:40 PM
LifeGame (63)
(M D) < El Ripper >
Quebec
Oh and i still use vintage NA too

NES games to finish my licensed set -S.E. :  DOWN TO 2

LITTLE SAMSON, DINO PEAK

NES licensed : 674/677

Oct 05 at 6:21:53 PM
The Count (106)
(Grant X.) < Lolo Lord >
Minnesota
I'm in, of course. Unless I missed something, I don't know exactly who would own the site though? Also, NA or some off-shoot thereof is a terrible name. It sounds like Narcotics Anonymous, so a completely new name would be in order.

Oct 05 at 6:37:02 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: The Count

I'm in, of course. Unless I missed something, I don't know exactly who would own the site though? Also, NA or some off-shoot thereof is a terrible name. It sounds like Narcotics Anonymous, so a completely new name would be in order.

It would absolutely need/have a new name.

Oct 05 at 7:54:49 PM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland
When does this happen? Also klov has people donate money towards the site to be members I'm down either way

Oct 05 at 7:56:32 PM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Again didn't go through and read all the comments only some so if it was mentioned ignore me. But for the love of god whoever/s would be in charge of a game database on this new site give them the ability to edit ALL the parameters. I can't tell you guys how frustrating it is to not be to add/remove/edit certain things when I try to update the Switch database.

Oct 05 at 9:53:48 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: MrMark0673

Originally posted by: B.A.

Originally posted by: KHAN Games

I may have missed this fact, but will the new site be officially related to NA in any way, or are we just sort of putting up a "competitive" site, so to speak?

I think that would be better, but so far all of our efforts to make NA proper live on but with updated architecture have failed. We can't do it without ownership approval obviously. From the initial post: Can we call a new site NA? - Ideally that would be best. We asked if we could do that on our own, for free. Build the new site and call it NA. We were told no. We inquired about buying the site, we were ignored. Ignoring isn't a "no", so that's progress I suppose, anything is possible there.

I wouldn't count on calling the new place "NintendoAge" or any variant thereof.   That could get voted on later.   Hell, you could call it "Super Nolan Bros. Online Boxing Studio" and as long as people knew what it was they could head there.

Now if we DON'T call it that, I feel like it's a pretty serious missed opportunity.

I think the new logo should just be a close up of your spider bite over a back drop of Palamedes guy's pee-pee pic.

This new site is gonna be so sick.

That would look like world's worst STD!   I have a high-res version of the spider bite whenever needed though.

Oct 05 at 10:26:01 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
This isn't a mutiny, this is a "hey this ol' rickety hunk of junk ship is sinking, lets hop on that new vacant yacht over there before we die".

SW-6786-5095-2210

Oct 05 at 10:38:03 PM
Murray (34)
(Count of Tuscany ) < El Ripper >
Colorado

"Why's that guy wearing a suit to a garage sale?"

Oct 05 at 10:41:57 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: Splain

NintendoBay.com
BimmyLee.com
NintendoBoogaloo.com
NotNintendoAge.com
Nin2ndoAge.com
VideoJames.com
Breakfast.com

Just spitballin. It took me a long time to learn what kind of site neogaf was. What kind of name is that. Dibs on the username Gloves on the new site.

www.all-things-nintendo.com...

Oct 05 at 10:56:47 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Tulpa

NintendoBay.com
BimmyLee.com
NintendoBoogaloo.com
NotNintendoAge.com
Nin2ndoAge.com
VideoJames.com
Breakfast.com

Just spitballin. It took me a long time to learn what kind of site neogaf was. What kind of name is that. Dibs on the username Gloves on the new site.

www.all-things-nintendo.com

I'd personally argue against "Nintendo" anywhere in the title. It's needlessly limiting. Many of us don't JUST collect Nintendo stuff.

Oct 05 at 11:09:43 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California

NintendoBay.com
BimmyLee.com
NintendoBoogaloo.com
NotNintendoAge.com
Nin2ndoAge.com
VideoJames.com
Breakfast.com

I'd personally argue against "Nintendo" anywhere in the title. It's needlessly limiting. Many of us don't JUST collect Nintendo stuff.

I figured if it were to duplicate things like the game list/database we would want to stick with Nintendo. Unless the database branches out.

Actually, I know of another domain that might fit the bill for most inclusive, and is available for cheap. And the name sort of evokes this forum's domain enough to attract people.

Edited: 10/05/2019 at 11:10 PM by Tulpa

Oct 05 at 11:29:39 PM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee

NintendoBay.com
BimmyLee.com
NintendoBoogaloo.com
NotNintendoAge.com
Nin2ndoAge.com
VideoJames.com
Breakfast.com

True dat G 

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.