Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nes releases by country Help with which games were released and where

Sep 19, 2016 at 8:46:57 AM
Wildheart_Baby (0)
< Cherub >
England
Hello, I've been using the database to compile lists of which nes games were released and the countries they were released in but I'm running into problems.
The US games are obviously the easiest given there is a dedicated dropdown in the search function. I was wondering how I would go about compiling lists for the european countries that saw the NES released there and which games were released there.
I'm guessing that any country grouping would be the games that were released there that perhaps weren't releases in other countries, so the Australian search results in 133 games listed would that be all the games released there or are there some not listed in the results.

I'm trying to make my app as accurate as possible https://play.google.com/apps/test...

tldr: which countries saw the NES relased there and what games did they get.

Sep 19, 2016 at 5:34:43 PM
serene.velocity (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Tasmania
Unfortunately it is way more complicated. Between PAL A they have the GBR, UKV, ITA and AUS codes. Some games were released in Australia but not using the AUS code so the database wont list it a game as Australian even though it may have been released in Australia. Does that make sense?

Sep 19, 2016 at 5:43:10 PM
serene.velocity (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Tasmania
Here is a good example I just learned recently from another thread. The first Turtles game for NES was released in Australia using an ITA code. The code is unique (NES-U2-ITA) and in this case can be identified as the Australian version even though it is using ITA code. So using the database you wont see an Australian release of the game, even though there is one.
But in other cases you can't work it out using the database. You just need to know that it was released in a certain country.