Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Wii: Journey to a Complete Set From the 1st game to the last. Updated: 1/25/2017 - Set Complete!

Mar 30, 2016 at 4:15:14 PM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
Wii's are definitely the most overpriced console used. I don't understand people that think they'll get a $100+ for just a console. |dumb|

-------------------------
Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018. 

Mar 30, 2016 at 4:54:58 PM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
I've mentioned this elsewhere, but Boom Blox Bash Party is a lot of fun. It makes me want to keep trying to get a perfect score.

Also, I want to check out that Titanic game. I've always had a fascination with the Titanic (even long before the blockbuster movie came out) and judging by the cover, I'm guessing it's based more around the actual Titanic history itself rather then the movie (which would be a good thing). Let me know what you think about it if you have time to get into it.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Mar 30, 2016 at 7:00:21 PM
The Questyen (9)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Arizona
Originally posted by: NintendoTwizer

FEB 2016 (Week 2)

I hadn't mentioned before, but there isn't a Gamestop within two hours of where I live. Makes it a bit harder pickup games. On The Questyen finders thread, he mentioned something like 40 Gamestops within driving distance. I'm pretty jealous of that. Gamestop has been a key resource so far. That said, I travel often for work so a store is never far. This time around I was traveling to the next state over to pick up a part for work. I had a couple hours to kill as they worked on it, so game hunting I went. I stopped by a couple pawn shops and three Gamestops. It was a pretty good trip. Here's my haul.

Yeah I'm pretty lucky in that regard. Arizona has its political issues I don't agree with but it's a gamer's paradise. Besides the Gamestops I've got 7-8 retro stores within 30-45 minutes of me. 

I gave up comic collecting 5+ years ago but I'd be talking to people on forums who didn't have a single comic shop within an hour drive and I think at this point I've got around 15 or so. 

Mar 30, 2016 at 7:34:57 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
Originally posted by: TDIRunner

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but Boom Blox Bash Party is a lot of fun. It makes me want to keep trying to get a perfect score.

Also, I want to check out that Titanic game. I've always had a fascination with the Titanic (even long before the blockbuster movie came out) and judging by the cover, I'm guessing it's based more around the actual Titanic history itself rather then the movie (which would be a good thing). Let me know what you think about it if you have time to get into it.
Thanks, will do.  It's funny theres another Titanic game on the Wii called Titanic Mystery.  It's a bit harder to find, I have no idea what it's about, but I think it's more of a puzzle type game.  

Mar 30, 2016 at 8:09:44 PM
weekendroady (6)
(Philip ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Oregon
Great find on the Fritz Chess. I used to have two copies of it (one sealed, one opened) but sold them about a year ago. I remember e-mailing someone at Deep Silver about its rarity/distribution and all I got was a "yeah, not sure why its hard to find, it is out of production and if I had a copy I'd send it to you"-reply. It was one of the first Wii "rares"

I collect hockey games for all consoles and PC, see my WTB thread here for my complete checklist, or check out my latest pick-ups for the collection
  PSVR I maintain a list of physical PSVR releases from all regions over at Playstation-Collecting

Mar 31, 2016 at 11:18:37 AM
disrupture (0)
(Charles G.) < Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
Awesome thread, I'll follow this one closely. The Wii library is full of treasures.

Currently going for the complete NTSC Wii set.
Follow me on Instagram http://www.instagram.com/disruptured
Check out my collection at http://cloud.collectorz.com/disru...

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:11:29 PM
linkloz (138)
(Geoff P) < El Ripper >
Ontario

Originally posted by: TDIRunner

Thanks, will do.  It's funny theres another Titanic game on the Wii called Titanic Mystery.  It's a bit harder to find, I have no idea what it's about, but I think it's more of a puzzle type game.  

Titanic Mystery i haven't played, but i believe it's not actually about the titanic.  But rather set on a new titanic made 100 years later.  Although, i'm sure there's lots of information and call backs to the original Titanic.  Hidden Mysteries, on the other hand, does take place on the Titanic.  It's an adventure game, and i remember it being pretty cool.

TDIRunner, have you played 999 on the DS?  There's some Titanic references in it.

Edited: 03/31/2016 at 12:12 PM by linkloz

Mar 31, 2016 at 1:47:28 PM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico
Highlights:

But, but where is Sin and Punishment Star Successor?

Mar 31, 2016 at 1:53:17 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
Wyoming
March 2016 (Week 1)

Had some luck on garage sale. They had mentioned having a Wii System and games. I stop by and thankfully it hadn't sold. A Wii systems, two controllers, charging station and 8 games. All for $40. Considering the Mario games that came with the lot, I was happy to pick this up.

Wii Game Count: 7 Games (#304 - 311)
Bought From: Garage Sale

---------------------------------

Wii Game Count: 1 Games (#312)
Bought From: Online

When I heard this game existed, I knew I had to pick it up.

Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers. The name says it all. Something about having almost all your skin exposed during a Zombie apocalypse seems like a bad idea.

Edited: 03/31/2016 at 01:55 PM by NintendoTwizer

Mar 31, 2016 at 1:57:32 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
Wyoming
Originally posted by: LastCat

Highlights:

But, but where is Sin and Punishment Star Successor?

Don't worry, I didn't forget about that one.    It's in the first post, I somehow ended up with a duplicate copy in this lot.  

Mar 31, 2016 at 11:43:04 PM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
Nice lot. Those charging docks are amazing. I have one for Wii U and love it.

Apr 4, 2016 at 11:21:11 PM
mpacz99 (0)
(Matthew ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Missouri
Wow, I just found this thread! This is great. I'm collecting a full Wii set as well and now I'm motivated to start one of these threads too. Without Gamestop, I don't think I'd even attempt a full Wii set, haha. Good luck and looking forward to more updates!

Apr 5, 2016 at 10:48:03 AM
disrupture (0)
(Charles G.) < Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
Originally posted by: mpacz99

Wow, I just found this thread! This is great. I'm collecting a full Wii set as well and now I'm motivated to start one of these threads too. Without Gamestop, I don't think I'd even attempt a full Wii set, haha. Good luck and looking forward to more updates!
You SHOULD start a thread about it !

Currently going for the complete NTSC Wii set.
Follow me on Instagram http://www.instagram.com/disruptured
Check out my collection at http://cloud.collectorz.com/disru...

Apr 5, 2016 at 11:09:07 AM
NintendoTwizer (172)
Wyoming
March 2016 (Week 3)

Wii Game Count: 74 Games (#313 – 387)
Bought From: Various Online

A good haul this week.  I wanted to see what was available online for cheap.  Sites like lukiegames, jjgames and hastings had a pretty good selection for fair prices.

Group Shot:

Highlights:

Notes:
Rune Factory Frontier – Another neat Xseed game. It looks like Harvest Moon but with some action elements.
Muramasa Demon Blade – A really beautiful 2D action game. Really a gem for the system.
Bunch of horror games this time around. The Resident Evil Remake is a favorite for the Gamecube so I'm happy to have to Wii version.

Edited: 04/05/2016 at 11:13 AM by NintendoTwizer

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:13:08 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Sent you a PM. Good luck on your journey!

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Apr 5, 2016 at 5:23:28 PM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico
Awesome pick ups! Baroque can be a very unforgiving game.

Edited: 04/05/2016 at 05:23 PM by LastCat

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:32:05 AM
NintendoTwizer (172)
Wyoming
March 2016 (Week 4)

Wii Game Count: 64 Games (#388 - 452)
Bought From: Gamestop, Pawn Shops

It's always fun to search for Wii games in a new area. I was visiting the in-laws in another state during Easter break. I was able to get away for a couple hours and hit up some of the local Gamestops and pawn shops. One Pawn Shop in particular had some good deals. Mario Strikers, Okami and Geon Cube all for under $4 each. It was another good haul. Maybe next week I'll talk about some of the rare titles I've picked up, but have yet to show.

Group Shot:

Highlights:

Notes:
Geon Cube – Really a neat puzzle type game. Worth checking out.
My Horse and Me – Not as rare as the "gold" version, but still a good pick up for under $5.
Mushroom Men – Looks like shovelware, but isn't. 3D platformer, I could see this one rising in price/popularity in the future.

----------

Edited: 04/07/2016 at 11:34 AM by NintendoTwizer

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:37:52 AM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
I've heard of mushroom men but haven't tried it yet. Good 3d platformers are tough to come by

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Apr 7, 2016 at 1:49:39 PM
Zilch (8)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: BertBerryCrunch

I've heard of mushroom men but haven't tried it yet. Good 3d platformers are tough to come by

Heard good things about it but seems very standard and by the art style very gloomy, probably doesnt have that same spark like Rareware n64 games.

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:55:36 PM
The Questyen (9)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Arizona
I was looking at the back of my copy of The Dog Island the other day and I just assumed it was another Wii pet game and instead it's some sort of RPG where you're on a quest for a special flower to cure your sick sibling.

Apr 9, 2016 at 4:35:56 AM
Baddieboy Holden (0)
(Amiibo Collector) < Meka Chicken >
New Zealand
This thread is crazy, Aaron!
The stuff you can find is beyond me!

Game Collection- 1025 as of 27/01/19 

Edited: 04/09/2016 at 04:36 AM by Baddieboy Holden

Apr 10, 2016 at 3:33:21 AM
Little Nemo (107)
(Mark D) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
Thanks for documenting the story Aaron! Fun to follow along Best of luck!

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:35:03 AM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
Doesn't seem like a set is all that bad when you're able to buy 50-100 games at a time. That will obviously slow, but still, almost more practical than a NES or SNES set at this point in ways.

Apr 12, 2016 at 10:32:27 AM
NintendoTwizer (172)
Wyoming
April 2016 (Week 1)

Wii Game Count: 38 Games (#453 – 491)
Bought From: Nintendoage Forums, Pawn Shops, Gamestop

A good mix of Pawn Shops, Gamestop and Nintendoage transaction this month. So far finding games I don't have for reasonable prices hasn't been too difficult. But as have been mentioned in this thread, as time goes on, it's going to be harder and harder to find games I don't already own. I'm guessing the last couple hundred will be a grind. That said I'm trying to knock out the heavy hitters early. I'll do a thread on it later this week or next week. Here's my new pick ups:

Group Shot:

Highlights:

Notes:
Munchables – I heard this game was a hidden gem for the system. It seems to hold its value pretty well, it's one to keep your eye on.
Trackmania: Build to Race – This game is nuts, just look up some of the youtube videos on it.

Arcade:  Out Run

A bonus non-Wii pick up this week. I'm super excited for this one. This arcade popped up on my local facebook buy/sell/trade group. The Boys and Girls club in my town was cleaning out their warehouse and had this, plus some shelfs and desk for sale. Everything was for offer. I'd admittedly sent them a lowball offer thinking that the item was probably already sold or I'd get a counter offer. To my surprise they accepted. The power cord needs to be replace, but I'm told it worked last time it was plugged in. It needs a bit TLC, but overall in good shape. For $40, I'm happy with it.

Edited: 04/12/2016 at 10:35 AM by NintendoTwizer

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:14:08 PM
laddersandcakes (58)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Wow, $40 seems like an absolute steal for that OutRun cabinet. Great grab.

Thanks for this continuing thread! I'm enjoying following your journey. I like to see people chipping away at sets, and I like your commentary, too.