NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

PAL FRA Elite "Observer's Guide to Ships in Service"

Jan 19, 2007 at 7:59:37 PM
Speedy_NES (158)
(< Pieter >) < Kraid Killer >
Belgium
I need some help from the PAL collectors around here

I picked up a CIB copy of the FRA release of Elite...and it included a poster/guide called the "Observer's Guide to Ships in Service." It's basically a double sided poster showing the various ship designs with descriptions for each one. The weird thing is that I have CIB copies of the ESP and NOE versions, and neither of those have this included! So, my question is...does anybody know whether this was exclusive to the FRA release of the game or is it also included with copies of the NOE/ESP/ITA/UKV copies of the game?

Thanks!

Jan 19, 2007 at 10:55:51 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
I just checked my UKV and NOE CIB copies, and neither one have that poster. I'm not sure if they were truly CIB though, since neither also have inserts. I'd love to get a scan of it for the site though!

-Dain

Jan 20, 2007 at 6:45:23 AM
Speedy_NES (158)
(< Pieter >) < Kraid Killer >
Belgium
I'll get it scanned for you sometime this week. I'm not sure if it will fit entirely on the scanner-bed, so I may have to scan it in parts.

I also asked on the German NES collector forums, and apparently they have never heard of it either, so it seems unlikely that it also came with the NOE version. The product code of the poster/guide is IMA-EL-FRA.