Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Homebrew orange island

Jun 28 at 11:18:39 PM
WaverBoy (1)

(Jeff Nelson) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
They really need to update the tier descriptions then, as no doubt it would spur more backing.

Jun 29 at 12:42:47 AM
toma (0)
(Tomas Guinan) < Crack Trooper >
Nova Scotia
Originally posted by: WaverBoy

They really need to update the tier descriptions then, as no doubt it would spur more backing.

This is a limit to Kickstarter. Once you have a backer at a specific tier, you cannot change that tier's description, making it impossible to clearly add stretch goals or options introduced later in the campaign without creating new tiers. Too many tiers are also confusing to backers, so it leaves the creator in a weird situation. 

-------------------------
http://www.spoonybard.ca

Jul 02 at 7:00:29 PM
Scrobins09 (8)
(Sean ) < Eggplant Wizard >
District of Columbia
I'm glad this continues to make progress, they just broke through the second stretch goal. I wonder what the threshold will be where the pledged amount is close enough to the NES port stretch goal that those waiting on the sidelines will pile on to get it.

Jul 02 at 7:25:49 PM
EnigMog (0)

(Hardy Childers) < Little Mac >
South Carolina
New tier announced for just CIB NES + rom. $57

Edited: 07/02/2019 at 07:31 PM by EnigMog

Jul 02 at 7:39:00 PM
Zezzler (1)
(Jesse Sesler) < Little Mac >
Korea, Republic of
Originally posted by: EnigMog

New tier announced for just CIB NES + rom. $57

It's kind of funny. This tier is cheaper than just the NES Cart tier. He must have received a lot of complaints about CIB being too expensive.

Glad they made a tier like this without all the other digital things, or coin, and whatnot. It makes it a lot more appealing.

@Zezzler   JammingGames    Zezzler   NES Collection

Jul 03 at 2:08:26 PM
Malachi Constant (2)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Originally posted by: Scrobins09

I wonder what the threshold will be where the pledged amount is close enough to the NES port stretch goal that those waiting on the sidelines will pile on to get it.

I was gonna wait to back it until it looked likely that the game reached the stretch goals for the NES port. I never defined that limit to myself, but if they had collected £30-32K with at least ten days to go I would definitely have bit the bullet and jumped in.

I've been following the development of Orange Island for years on Twitter and really love the Kirby/Little Samon/Adventure Island feelings I get from it. I was a bit disappointed that the stretch goal for the NES version was set so high though. I never thought they'd reach it, but with the new NES CIB tier they might actually get there. I've backed it now since there's nothing to lose really. Surely if they don't reach the stretch goal they'll just cancel the Bergamot Islander tier.

Jul 03 at 2:33:16 PM
Scrobins09 (8)
(Sean ) < Eggplant Wizard >
District of Columbia
I don’t think this tier would be cancelled if the stretch goal isn’t reached since there are non-stretch goal rewards included such as your name in the credits, access to the discord, digital manual, and closed beta access. Would any Kickstarter be allowed to offer a tier that was exclusively composed of stretch goal items?

Jul 07 at 9:28:21 AM
Malachi Constant (2)
< Eggplant Wizard >
You're probably right.

I don't think it matters in the end, fortunately. The kickstarter just hit £32K with 17 days to go. That's only £2K away from the NES stretch goal, so people who are still on the sidelines should feel safe backing it at this point. I've been keeping close track of the campaign over the last week and it steadily increases with £700-800 per day. It might even reach the Switch stretch goal at this stage.

Jul 08 at 7:29:57 AM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
I want to have this game on NES but without it being native to the system I worry that porting it is going to be an issue. Every kicker starter I've backed has taken 4, 5, 6 times as long as originally planned so I just can't get my hopes up. I'm still waiting for a cart that I backed in 2012.

Jul 08 at 8:23:52 AM
JamesRobot (22)
(JamsGobot ) < King Solomon >
Colorado
I'm backed for Bergamot tier (no frills CIB.) Looms like they just hit the NES stretch goal this morning.

Jul 08 at 12:40:12 PM
WaverBoy (1)

Washington
Yep, NES stretch goal reached. Backed at the Navel Orange Islander level because I just want the ROM. Note to future Kickstarter NES devs: yes, there will always be demand for a ROM only reward level.

Jul 08 at 4:56:32 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: WaverBoy

Yep, NES stretch goal reached. Backed at the Navel Orange Islander level because I just want the ROM. Note to future Kickstarter NES devs: yes, there will always be demand for a ROM only reward level.

I think most of us are starting to take notice of that.  

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Jul 10 at 10:58:05 AM
Mugi (0)
< Cherub >
I suppose.
Though I'm personally more of that sort that needs a kartridge  
what good's a NES game if you dont have it on a kart ? ^^;

Still though, more to choose from never hurts.

This game looks pretty fantastic, but I do have to admit I didn't back this one up, allthough my reason for that was something entirely different than backer tier options.

Edited: 07/10/2019 at 11:00 AM by Mugi

Jul 10 at 2:21:15 PM
WaverBoy (1)

Washington
Originally posted by: Mugi

I suppose.
Though I'm personally more of that sort that needs a kartridge  
what good's a NES game if you dont have it on a kart ? ^^;

Still though, more to choose from never hurts.

This game looks pretty fantastic, but I do have to admit I didn't back this one up, allthough my reason for that was something entirely different than backer tier options.
Some of us don’t have room for cartridge storage and would prefer to play on our PowerPaks  

What was your reason for not backing, pray tell?

Edited: 07/10/2019 at 02:22 PM by WaverBoy

Jul 10 at 2:44:07 PM
Mugi (0)
< Cherub >
Im a bit iffy on talking about it since it's a rather trigger sensitive topic but sure.

The sole reason I didnt back this is because I personally can't stand it when people advertise their work with their sexuality.
What does the developer being gay have anything to do with the quality of the game ?
to me that just says he's not confident enough in his product to have to resort to such statetements as, I quote: "Diverse characters and themes created by a queer developer "

mind you i have 100% nothing against gay people or othervise, everyone does what they do, but I simply dont condone to this sort of thing, without that sentence in the kickstarter, I would have backed it.

As I said though, it's an iffy subject and that's simply my stance on such advertising, so please do not try to start a flamewar over it.
If someone wishes to discuss the matter with me, feel free to send me a PM or something.

Jul 10 at 7:07:27 PM
WaverBoy (1)

Washington
Looks like you'll be missing out on an awesome game then. Can't wait to play this.

Jul 11 at 2:49:05 AM
Mugi (0)
< Cherub >
I suppose yeah. It's a shame, the game looks really gorgeous.

Jul 11 at 3:44:16 AM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida
I wish the cheaper CIB had the pink cart but can't justify paying over $100 for a prettier cart. No frills CIB will just have to do.

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition