Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The Old Ass Retro Gamer

Jan 24, 2016 at 10:51:44 AM
The Old Ass Retro Gamer (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
It's a new year, so that means its time for Chris to share his favorite games from 2015! What were his selections? Are there any diamonds in the rough among them? What was in that sandwich he at last night? Watch and enjoy!

SPOILER ALERT! There are games featured in this video that have not yet been featured in any pick-up video. :-)

Please subscribe to the channel, comment, share and give the video a thumbs up. Thanks for watching and enjoy!

-------------------------
Check out my YouTube channels!
The Old Ass Retro Gamer - youtube.com/shwanzi
Winter & Construction - youtube.com/PlusKewlFilms

Feb 7, 2016 at 10:03:29 AM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Episode 57 of The Old Ass Retro Gamer features a different kind of review... A BOOK! OMFGTISDLOARG! Wait, wait. Calm down. The book is "Classic Home Video Games, 1989-1990" by author and fellow gamer Brett Weiss and published by McFarland. What secrets does it hold about the Sega Genesis, Neo Geo and TurboGrafx-16? Is it worth the read? Can I use it to defend myself like Jason Bourne?

Please subscribe to the channel, comment, share and give the video a thumbs up. Thanks for watching and enjoy!

Feb 21, 2016 at 10:38:37 AM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
The newest episode of The Old Ass Retro Gamer is here!!! "Recent Pick-Ups #21, Part 1: I Am A Hoarder" is now available to watch on the YouTube Channel and is all about the newest games Chris has added to his ever growing collection over the past few months. Consoles covered range from the Atari 2600 to the Nintendo GameCube. What did he find...?
Please subscribe to the channel, leave a comment, give the video a thumbs up and share it on social media. Thanks for watching!‪
#‎TheOldAssRetroGamer

Feb 28, 2016 at 10:20:44 AM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Part two of The Old Ass Retro Gamer's "Recent Pick-Ups #21" is now available for all to see! And yes, Etsy is EVIL! Check out the video to find out why. Thanks for watching, subscribe, comment, share the video and give it a thumbs up! Enjoy!

#TheOldAssRetroGamer

Mar 6, 2016 at 5:39:12 PM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
The all new episode of The Old Ass Retro Gamer is here! And I have three special guests to share their stories about "WTF Games" - BAD or RAD Game Reviews, John Riggs of Rigg'd Games and Wood Hawker of BeatEmUps/You're Watching Wood/That YT Show! What games totally let us down, were downright horrible or made us contemplate seppuku? Watch the video to find out!

Thanks for watching and please subscribe to my YouTube channel, comment, share the video on social media and give it a thumbs up! Enjoy!

Mar 20, 2016 at 10:15:03 AM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
The Old Ass Retro Gamer returns with his unboxing and review of the emulation console the Retro Freak by Cyber Gadget! Is it worth the money? How does it compare to the Retron 5? Can it make me a sandwich? Check out the video to find out!

Thanks for watching and please subscribe to the YouTube channel, share the video on social media, comment and give it a thumbs up! Enjoy!
#TheOldAssRetroGamer

Mar 20, 2016 at 2:36:28 PM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California
Just checked out your video on the Retro Freak... Well done! Subscribed :-)

Apr 6, 2016 at 5:26:42 PM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Awesome! Thanks!

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:54:31 PM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Welcome to the second episode of The Old Ass Retro Gamer's "Dreamcasting" series where he chronicles his quest to gather a complete Sega Dreamcast video game set. In this installment Chris knocks a few heavy hitters off his checklist and shows off some of his pick-ups from his recent trip to L.A.

Please subscribe to the channel, comment, share the video link on social media and give it a thumbs up if you like what you see. Thanks for watching!

Apr 17, 2016 at 11:56:43 AM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
In the newest episode of The Old Ass Retro Gamer, Chris returns to Wisconsin for the 2016 Midwest Gaming Classic convention! What games did he find? Did he run into any fellow YouTube gamers? Did he see any gaming rarities? Did he have enough for breakfast?

Please subscribe to my channel, comment, share and give the video a thumbs up. Thanks for watching!

May 10, 2016 at 10:00:59 PM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Chris, The Old Ass Retro Gamer, returns with another long overdue episode of his "Diamonds in the Rough" series. This time he focuses on the OG Xbox, Microsoft's ahead of it's time powerhouse console. What virtually unknown games has he chosen to share for this classic system?
Please subscribe to the channel, comment, share the video link on social media and give it a thumbs up if you like what you see. Thanks for watching!

May 15, 2016 at 10:41:07 AM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Chris, The Old Ass Retro Gamer, was tagged by fellow YouTube gamer Nintenjoel in his video "Tagged Video Response My Top 5 Most Nostalgic Games!" and this video is the response. What are my top 5 most nostalgic video games? Who does Chris tag in response? Watch the video to find out! Thanks for watching! Please subscribe (to The Old Ass Retro Gamer as well as the tagged YouTuber's channels), comment, share the video on social media and give it a thumbs up! Enjoy!

Jun 6, 2016 at 4:19:13 PM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
The Old Ass Retro Gamer returns with another reproduction review, Ocean Software's "The Shadow" based on the 1994 Alec Baldwin superhero flick. Is it a total turd? Could it be a diamond in the rough? Could I be any more vague? Check out the video to find out!

#TheOldAssRetroGamer

Jun 12, 2016 at 1:19:32 PM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
The Old Ass Retro Gamer returns with a different kind of video. After seeing the "Ultimate Geek Tag" videos from Alyssa White and John Riggs on their channels, Chris decided to film one of his own in place of the Q&A video he's been talking about for months. Does he pass the test? Is he truly a geek? What kind of cheese is this on my burger?!
Thanks for watching! Please subscribe, comment, share the video on social media and give it a thumbs up! Enjoy!

#TheOldAssRetroGamer

Jun 27, 2016 at 9:09:16 PM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
The Old Ass Retro Gamer teams up with The Game Grinder to share our "Top 5 Movies Based on Video Games"! What did they choose? What kind of stories do they have about theses films? Is Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li among them?
Please check out the video, subscribe to both of our channels, comment, share and give the video a thumbs up! Thanks for watching!

#TheOldAssRetroGamer

Jul 22, 2016 at 4:23:03 PM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
The Old Ass Retro Gamer is back with another epic pick-up video!
Please check out the video, subscribe to the channel, comment, share the link on social media and give it a thumbs up! Thanks for watching and enjoy!

#TheOldAssRetroGamer

Jul 28, 2016 at 7:44:14 PM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
The Old Ass Retro Gamer celebrates Star Trek's 50th Anniversary by sharing some favorite (and not so favorite) Star Trek games with the folks at TREKYARDS!
Please check out the video, subscribe to the channel, comment, share the link on social media and give it a thumbs up! Thanks for watching and enjoy!

#TheOldAssRetroGamer

Aug 4, 2016 at 6:26:56 PM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
The Old Ass Retro Gamer returns once again to take on a duo of tag challenges! "Which ones", you ask? Well, that would be the "$1 GameStop Tag Challenge" (tagged by The Guerilla Gamer) and the "Half & Half Tag Challenge"!
Please watch, subscribe to the channel, comment, share the video on social media and give it a thumbs up. Thanks and enjoy!

‪#‎TheOldAssRetroGamer‬

Sep 10, 2016 at 9:44:34 AM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
What video game goodness did Chris manage to find at this year's Gen Con? Find out in the newest episode of The Old Ass Retro Gamer!

#TheOldAssRetroGamer

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:17:37 AM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
In this episode of Diamonds in the Rough with The Old Ass Retro Gamer, Chris discusses ten on his favorite lesser known original PlayStation games. What did he pick? Are they truly "diamonds in the rough"? What was in that beer he drank last night? All your questions and more will be answered! Possibly. Please subscribe to the channel, comment, share the video link on social media and give it a thumbs up if you like what you see. Thanks for watching!

#TheOldAssRetroGamer

Oct 30, 2016 at 10:33:40 AM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Happy Halloween! Chris, The Old Ass Retro Gamer, celebrates the ghoulish holiday by sharing five of his favorite spooktastic horror games. Are they really all that scary? Watch to find out!

#TheOldAssRetroGamer

Nov 20, 2016 at 12:21:18 PM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
The Old Ass Retro Gamer​ is back once again with another video - "Ten Forgotten Franchises That Need to Return"! Wasn't there ever a favorite game that you wished had a sequel? Well, Chris picked ten franchses of the past that he wants to see a get new sequel, remake or remaster. What franchises did he pick? Are they truly worthy of a comeback? Who put gum under my computer chair?!
Please subscribe to the channel, comment, share the link on social media and give the video a thumbs up if you liked it. Thanks and enjoy!

#RetroGaming #VideoGames #VideoGaming #VideoGameCollecting #TheOldAssRetroGamer

Nov 27, 2016 at 10:20:06 AM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
The Old Ass Retro Gamer returns with the most special guest packed episode yet!!! Not one, not two, but TEN fellow gamer YouTubers collaborated on this sequel, "Top 5 Retro Games Based on Movies, Part 2: Retro Boogaloo"! Nintenjoel, The Game Grinder, John Riggs, Playongo, RGT 85, Dragoon Lagi, Power Metal Gamer, Retro Games Vinyl & Beer, Radical Reggie and Media Glitch all share some of their favorite movie based games alongside your host. What did everyone pick? Are they actually "good" games? Sheesh, could Chris squeeze any more people into this video?!

#TheOldAssRetroGamer

Dec 11, 2016 at 12:43:55 PM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
The Old Ass Retro Gamer returns with another rad episode... "Transformers Games featuring Captain Stuart Foley of TREKYARDS"! What games did we pick as our favorites? What were our dishonorable mentions? Where the hell did Stuart get those awesome 3D glasses?!

#TheOldAssRetroGamer #Trekyards #CaptainFoley #Transformers #VideoGames #VideoGaming #RetroGaming #VideoGameCollecting #OptimusPrime

Dec 31, 2016 at 1:54:44 PM
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
So Chris accepted a challenge from the Facebook group "Water-Cooler Games Discussion", where Jerry from The Game Case and Moesly from Drunken Master Studios asked fellow YouTubers to pick 5 of their favorite Super Nintendo games that aren't from any major franchise or commonly on top 5 lists. What did Chris choose? Are they really that uncommon? Why did Chris shave his freaking head?