NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Tower Defense 1990 Homebrew NES game from Retro Wonder Workers

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:54:05 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Originally posted by: zi

a little less than a hundred to go! Ryan tells me he's definitely going to make another pass at the graphics as well! tower defense power!!!!!!!!

This morning's update looked good. Glad to see he's adding stuff.

-------------------------

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Dec 6, 2017 at 3:46:12 PM
rizz (9)
(Frank Westphal) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
Next backer will put it over the goal. Who will it be?  

My Development Blog

Dec 6, 2017 at 3:56:09 PM
kamakaze_ekun (5)
< El Ripper >
Michigan
This looks like a promising game. Will definitely be following this.

WHAT AM I SEEKING NOW???
PC Engine with video cable, power supply and controller. Looking to spend $100 to have this console in my collection.

Dec 6, 2017 at 5:41:46 PM
Mega Mario Man (63)
(Tim ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
Originally posted by: rizz

Next backer will put it over the goal. Who will it be?  
Backed. Someone beat me to it though.... Darn.

Congrats to the OP!

Current Project
Isometric Survival Horror

Older Projects
Tailgate Party, Power Pad Demo, Happy Hour

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Dec 7, 2017 at 9:15:00 PM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
new revised stretch goals means everyone wins!

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Dec 7, 2017 at 9:20:18 PM
Mega Mario Man (63)
(Tim ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
Come on $13000!

Current Project
Isometric Survival Horror

Older Projects
Tailgate Party, Power Pad Demo, Happy Hour

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Dec 9, 2017 at 4:28:12 PM
brilliancenp (1)
(Nick Pruitt) < Little Mac >
Kansas
Im planning on backing as soon as the 15th gets here! Very excited for this but just bought all Christmas gifts so I have to wait until payday lol

Dec 9, 2017 at 8:13:28 PM
Final Theory (2)

(Final Theory) < Crack Trooper >
United States
"I'm new to NintendoAge but have been developing new NES games for almost 6 years."

That is actually kind of interesting. These days its all about keeping up with the scene and being a part of the scene. Glad your here now.

By coming here you should get a lot more exposure with your games.

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:41:30 PM
zi (73)
New York
new vid is up on the KS page with a lil' bit o' music!

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Dec 12, 2017 at 12:42:01 PM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
Finally got around to backing this! Looks pretty awesome and I am going to cover it on my site as well to hopefully help it during the last week.

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Dec 12, 2017 at 7:11:53 PM
qfwfq (0)

< Cherub >
Washington
Originally posted by: toma

The gameplay video looks very interesting, but I think your graphics could use a bit of work. They evoke older DOS RPGs like the early Ultima games, and while they're functional, they're not very attention grabbing. Have you thought of reaching out to someone to help with sprite and tile art? It could make a huge difference in your campaign and create some more interest around the project. Not trying to be too critical, just trying to offer some constructive criticism. I'd love to see this project grow.

EDIT: Here's a little example - I did a quick redesign of your wraith. Maybe if you were to try a style like this it could be more visually appealing.
I support this idea. The concept and gameplay are intriguing, but the graphics have kept me from pulling the trigger so far. (That said, congrats on getting fully funded, OP!)

Dec 12, 2017 at 7:42:06 PM
theirontoupee (53)
< Bowser >
Texas
Is there a set track the enemies follow? It seemed kind of random based on the video...

WTB Thread (Always looking for Exertainment related items)

FO/FT Thread - Xbox, PS1, Gamecube, and more!

NintendoAge Official Exertainment Thread!!!

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:13:41 AM
Camoran (4)
< Crack Trooper >
Iceland
Pretty active updates on this. Always love when you seem too be able too follow the development, that's what kickstarter is all about in my mind

Dec 13, 2017 at 10:28:54 AM
zi (73)
New York
^yes. he's very active and very motivated! 

Originally posted by: qfwfq
  I support this idea. The concept and gameplay are intriguing, but the graphics have kept me from pulling the trigger so far. (That said, congrats on getting fully funded, OP!
pssssst: secret insider info - there will be another (if not a few) passes at the graphics. 

Dec 16, 2017 at 7:08:14 PM
zi (73)
New York
some tunes in the latest update: https://www.kickstarter.com/proje...

only 5 days to go!

Dec 18, 2017 at 1:17:39 PM
FrankenGraphics (3)
< Crack Trooper >
Alabama
Finally got around to backing this! If i'm to play a tower defense game in 2018, it ought to be one "from 1990".  

http://www.frankengraphics.com/ - personal NES homebrew blog

Edited: 12/18/2017 at 01:27 PM by FrankenGraphics

Dec 20, 2017 at 9:07:49 PM
zi (73)
New York
24 hours left!!!!!!1!1!1!!!!1!

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:22:10 AM
neodolphino (179)
(Justin ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
Last minute backing bump!  

Dec 21, 2017 at 6:12:24 PM
zi (73)
New York
hey, it's 50 mins to go and I'd like to thank everyone for the support. I'm only on board as a contributor to this project but I'm glad to see the love from the NA community and am grateful for all of the support in keeping the dream alive of producing a NES game!

Dec 21, 2017 at 8:17:55 PM
FrankenGraphics (3)
< Crack Trooper >
Alabama
Congratulations on a successful campaign!  

http://www.frankengraphics.com/ - personal NES homebrew blog

Edited: 12/21/2017 at 08:18 PM by FrankenGraphics

Mar 27, 2018 at 8:31:59 AM
zi (73)
New York
looks like it's progressing nicely. video in the last update!

https://www.kickstarter.com/proje...

Apr 27, 2018 at 11:54:19 AM
barconcern (4)
(Bastard Operator From Hell) < Tourian Tourist >
Minnesota
Got my copy 3 days ago. Can't stop playing it.
A tower defense game for the nes is something I wanted forever.
I'll say, I'd change a few things, but overall. It's excellent.
Currently i'm on level 8 with 31 pesents...
Love to hear how others are doing with it!

If I wanted any lip from you, I'd unzip my pants.

Apr 27, 2018 at 11:56:10 AM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
Ah, damn... I had forgotten about this. Does he have that available to buy outside of the kickstarter? I love tower defense games.

Edited: 04/27/2018 at 11:56 AM by Loxx O)))

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:10:39 PM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Yeah, I intended to contribute toward the end of the campaign and then managed to get busy the last couple of days and forgot about it. I wanted in on this too. Oh well, I guess that's what happens when you wait.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:14:40 PM
barconcern (4)
(Bastard Operator From Hell) < Tourian Tourist >
Minnesota
My understanding is there would be a standard release with a different label.

If I wanted any lip from you, I'd unzip my pants.