Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

ZELDA II THE ADVENTURE OF LINK PROTOTYPE SAMPLE GAME PAK graded by VGA with COA

Apr 21, 2013 at 7:47:56 PM
jfreakofkorn (23)
< King Solomon >
United States
I like drinking like the next man, but isnt this a bit tad much ....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZELDA-II-...

Apr 21, 2013 at 7:50:48 PM
gwyndion (322)
(Cookie Monster) < King Solomon >
California
Sellers do rediculous prices sometimes to draw attention to the auction. This is a make offer. I still wouldn't see it as a really valuable cart but it's a prototype for Zelda II (PAL version).

-------------------------

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Apr 21, 2013 at 7:53:25 PM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
No grade! Lol

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Apr 21, 2013 at 8:02:14 PM
Drippy (87)
< Kraid Killer >
United States
Ugh, here we go again...

Apr 21, 2013 at 8:46:23 PM
PeteDiak (195)
(Pete Diak) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
They will grade anything now..

Apr 21, 2013 at 8:50:14 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
I like how they say it's graded when it's clearly not.

They could at least explain it properly.

Apr 21, 2013 at 8:53:04 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Didn't the gold NWC get an actual grade? How come they can't be consistent is my question.

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Apr 21, 2013 at 9:07:05 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Matt and I had the first proto slabbed, so they've followed the same standards for each additional protos.

Matt and I specifically asked for the game to not be graded, just authenticated. They asked multiple times if we were sure, and we said yes. There is nothing to grade as each piece is unique and created by hand. When selling a high end one of a kind item, people tend to spend much, much more money once it has been authenticated by an impartial third party.

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!

Apr 21, 2013 at 9:12:08 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't NWC's also hand made and there's as much to grade on those vs prototypes? Aside from a barely better label (maybe worse?), it shouldn't be graded, just verified/authenticated.

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:38:43 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: dra600n

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't NWC's also hand made and there's as much to grade on those vs prototypes? Aside from a barely better label (maybe worse?), it shouldn't be graded, just verified/authenticated.

I don't disagree with you, but in principal there were multiple gold and gray NWC carts that can be compared to each other.  That alone puts them in a group that can be graded (as in, an 80+ gold NWC should look much worse than a 90+ NWC) so that people can buy/sell/collect to a particular standard.

For protos, an overwhelming majority that are out there now are unique and can't be graded with a system that uses comparisons.

Aside from that, it also has to do with the end consumer.  Most proto buyers are likely just happy to onow the thing is legit, while an NWC owner may want the "best", according to a third party, copy out there.

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:44:36 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: MrMark0673

I don't disagree with you, but in principal there were multiple gold and gray NWC carts that can be compared to each other.  That alone puts them in a group that can be graded (as in, an 80+ gold NWC should look much worse than a 90+ NWC) so that people can buy/sell/collect to a particular standard.

For protos, an overwhelming majority that are out there now are unique and can't be graded with a system that uses comparisons.

Aside from that, it also has to do with the end consumer.  Most proto buyers are likely just happy to onow the thing is legit, while an NWC owner may want the "best", according to a third party, copy out there.

Very true. It didn't even occur to me that most prototypes are a one of a kind, with some exceptions. I mean, you *could* grade it based on other prototypes, though that's my attempt at really stretching my argument I think slabbing prototypes and NWC's is just silly. Sealed games I understand completely, used items, not so much.

Either way, cool piece, but not $70k cool.

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:33:34 PM
Silius (11)
(. Y .) < Eggplant Wizard >
Switzerland
I have one of those and I have already seen a couple. It's probably one of the most common prototypes...

Apr 24, 2013 at 6:02:44 PM
Parpunk (172)
(Mark ) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
anyone else wanna shed light on the subject. All this bit rot talk lately has me worried about my games

Shop Retro Video Games, Vinyl, Toys, Comics, and more at https://www.backtothemedia.com/ 
Visit our store in Winchester Virginia! http://www.facebook.com/backtothemedia
NES Games beaten in 2013 - http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&am...
Me getting my first Nintendo in 1990 (for real) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjhKPNV2PbM

Apr 25, 2013 at 3:26:59 PM
Arkturus (80)
(Brian Koo) < Lolo Lord >
California
I followed Mark's path and authenticated a couple NES protos NG. Ended up needing to sell and the buyer stated if they weren't authenticated he wouldn't have purchased them.

Playing Clash of Clans Hardcore - If your in-game and looking for a clan we're recruiting - PM me with details

Apr 26, 2013 at 9:46:12 PM
Tyree_Cooper (37)
< Meka Chicken >
Other
And not a single picture or video of the game running?

my trade list

May 6, 2013 at 1:29:16 PM
Matrix (3)
(3DS Demo Guy) < Crack Trooper >
California
jesus, this is the new most expensive video game in the world lol

Got a 3DS Not for Resale Demo Cartridge? PM ME very high chance il buy it, if i dont have it.
Post: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=7&...
USA VERSIONS ONLY PLEASE

May 6, 2013 at 2:36:04 PM
ankermane (49)
(Erik ) < Kraid Killer >
California

Matt and I had the first proto slabbed, so they've followed the same standards for each additional protos.

Matt and I specifically asked for the game to not be graded, just authenticated. They asked multiple times if we were sure, and we said yes. There is nothing to grade as each piece is unique and created by hand. When selling a high end one of a kind item, people tend to spend much, much more money once it has been authenticated by an impartial third party.

Was this Zelda 2 yours & Matts originally, Mark? I suspect so by above, but not quite sure.

May 6, 2013 at 3:22:30 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: ankermane

Was this Zelda 2 yours & Matts originally, Mark? I suspect so by above, but not quite sure.

It was not.  Mark was referring to our initial prototype submission that set the president.  

May 6, 2013 at 3:33:01 PM
ankermane (49)
(Erik ) < Kraid Killer >
California
Originally posted by: BeaglePuss

Originally posted by: ankermane

It was not.  Mark was referring to our initial prototype submission that set the president.  

Oh, okay. Thanks for the clarification, Matt. 

May 8, 2013 at 7:55:32 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States

Very true. It didn't even occur to me that most prototypes are a one of a kind, with some exceptions. I mean, you *could* grade it based on other prototypes, though that's my attempt at really stretching my argument I think slabbing prototypes and NWC's is just silly. Sealed games I understand completely, used items, not so much.

Either way, cool piece, but not $70k cool.

When you deal in one of a kind pieces condition isn't as big of an issue. Next time you got to an art museum take a closer look and see if you can find any flaws. When I was younger everything looked perfect to me. Today I see everything with a collectors eyes. The last time I went I was shocked to see things like folds running the length of the painting.

This isn't to say condition doesn't matter at all with one of kind items but condition comes more into play when multiple choices of the same item exist. At that point we need to seperate them somehow and become super picky in our quest for the best.