Jul 1, 2013 at 11:04:02 PM
y2ross (54)
(A R) < Meka Chicken >
Saskatchewan
I found this

http://www.retroplanet.com/PROD/3...

and this 

http://www.vintagesignshack.com/c...

I don't think this as old as you may think and may not turn out to be worth much.  I could be wrong, as I'm not an expert on Coca-Cola merch. but that's what i have found out about it.

-------------------------

"Old video games couldn't be won, they got harder and faster until you died.  Just like real life"

Help me pay for my wedding, check out my FO/FS thread HERE

Edited: 07/01/2013 at 11:09 PM by y2ross

Jul 2, 2013 at 2:29:28 AM
K3VBOT (286)
(K3V ) < King Solomon >
Indiana
Sorry man, these aren't going to be worth investing in. I collect a little bit of signage myself. The only Coca-Cola one I have a 36" porcelain Coca-Cola button from 1954ish, but porcelain is a LOT different from pressed, painted, steel signs.

The difference between the sign I have and the one you are referring to is not only the material, but people back in 1954 didn't think keeping an old sign would be worth the space, so they just threw them out. Today people will grab any sign they can and hoard it or hang it hoping it'll go up in value, plus Coca-Cola collecting went through the roof about 10 years ago, and it hasn't really diminished

Here is the one I have, kinda hard to tell it's 3 feet tall in this pic  photo Coca-Colasign_zpsfe5aad6f.jpeg

Edited: 07/02/2013 at 02:30 AM by K3VBOT

Jul 2, 2013 at 9:18:30 AM
Mooninite (0)
< Little Mac >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: y2ross

I found this

http://www.retroplanet.com/PROD/32720

and this 

http://www.vintagesignshack.com/coca-cola-ice-cold-metal-str...

I don't think this as old as you may think and may not turn out to be worth much.  I could be wrong, as I'm not an expert on Coca-Cola merch. but that's what i have found out about it.

Yeah i know its not old ive seen those websites too, im just wondering if they are worth investing in because most of the old signs turn up to be 300$

I am an Astronomer
"I hope you can see this because I am doing it as hard as I can!"

Jul 2, 2013 at 9:20:56 AM
Mooninite (0)
< Little Mac >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: K3VBOT

Sorry man, these aren't going to be worth investing in. I collect a little bit of signage myself. The only Coca-Cola one I have a 36" porcelain Coca-Cola button from 1954ish, but porcelain is a LOT different from pressed, painted, steel signs.

The difference between the sign I have and the one you are referring to is not only the material, but people back in 1954 didn't think keeping an old sign would be worth the space, so they just threw them out. Today people will grab any sign they can and hoard it or hang it hoping it'll go up in value, plus Coca-Cola collecting went through the roof about 10 years ago, and it hasn't really diminished

Here is the one I have, kinda hard to tell it's 3 feet tall in this pic  photo Coca-Colasign_zpsfe5aad6f.jpeg

thanks for the info and about that button type sign ive seen those for like 300$ around places nice.

I am an Astronomer

Jul 2, 2013 at 11:47:59 AM
Zing (23)
(Daniel Corban) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
In 20 years, Coke as we know it may not exist. It could be run off the market once society accepts how bad sugar/HFCS is, and/or the company runs out of cheap fresh water sources to pump.

So, maybe.

Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay...

Jul 2, 2013 at 12:29:40 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
There's nothing bad about sugar, HFCS sure entirely, it's garbage. Coke isn't going anywhere unless the ultra libtard control freaks in the government could dare to push and pass a ban on the stuff like that ass Bloomberg running New York City with all those looney 'I know what is better for you' type bans on food and drinks.

I think the modern signs won't be worth much at all unless it's a nostalgia piece to a specific person and only then yet if it wasn't mass produced. Problem is most of them are because of collectors and hoarders taking advantage of the love of the old hoping the new will be gold too sullying it in the process much like Kev there said. I'm mulling over a coke 1950s circular thermometer right now I know of somewhere and the guy was willing to come off the price some but I know so little of the value on that specific stuff I didn't pop.

Jul 3, 2013 at 8:21:30 PM
Mooninite (0)
< Little Mac >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Zing

In 20 years, Coke as we know it may not exist. It could be run off the market once society accepts how bad sugar/HFCS is, and/or the company runs out of cheap fresh water sources to pump.

So, maybe.

i wouldnt want that to happen but if it does the value of coca cola items will go way up so..

I am an Astronomer

Jul 4, 2013 at 3:42:47 PM
standigz (1)

(Chaz Gidnats) < El Ripper >
New Jersey
Coca-Cola is one of those iconic brands that people all over the world have a great nostolgia for, sure it's cool that you have it now. Will it be worth a bajillion dollars, probably not, but it makes good decoration.

Jul 4, 2013 at 4:02:19 PM
ihavethatpma (324)
(Doombutt Jazzmouth) < Bowser >
Washington
I wouldn't be buying it as an investment, 20-40 years is a long time to wait to turn $30 into $300.

Jul 4, 2013 at 4:38:00 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
*There's nothing bad about sugar in moderation. High Fructose Corn Syrup/Corn Sugar is 100% processed and devastatingly bad for your body. The reason why it's used today is because there was a shortage on sugar canes in the 90's, and HFCS is now ridiculous cheap to manufacture than harvesting cane sugar.

As for the sign vs value, PMA nailed it. If it were a bottle dispenser, or refrigerator/ice chest of some sort, absolutely, but you'll have to wait a few decades to turn over a few hundred dollars.

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Jul 4, 2013 at 5:08:06 PM
fmdof (77)
(Robert Brimacombe) < Lolo Lord >
United States
Stop watching American pickers. Not all signs are going to be worth anything. If you wanna collect coke, go old. Like 50s or older. Before everything got repro'd

Looking for N64 Boxes/manuals:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Looking for Genesis-Master System Boxes/manuals
http://segaage.com/forum/messagev...