Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Official Fighting Simulator World Champ Sales Thread! Limited Unreleased NES Game, 36 Copies Left!

May 17, 2015 at 12:18:54 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Hi Folks!

Here it is, the Fighting Simulator World Champ sales thread!  Matt and I have been releasing protos for many years, and this is one that we are very, very excited to bring to the NES.

- This is NOT a presale thread.  All 150 copies are 100% finished and ready to ship!

- The game is made of COMPLETELY NEW PARTS!  No carts were harmed in the making of this game:
- The game uses BRAND NEW PCBs!  The first and only game that has ever appeared on these boards is Fighting Simulator World Champ.
- The game uses BRAND NEW CART SHELLS!  These are NES style cart shells created by InfiniteLives.
- The game uses BRAND NEW BITBOX CASES!  Highest Quality cases for the NES available in my opinion.
- The game uses professional printed and cut vinyl stickers.  Very, very happy about the quality of stickers for this release, they're absolutely fantastic in my opinion.
- Professionally printed BitBox inserts!  The highest quality that StoneAgeGamer offers.
- Professionally printed 8 1/2" x 11" double sided posters.  Again, FSped works his magic!

Each release has a hand numbered poster inside.  No LE numbers appear elsewhere as we feel that they can often detract from the art.

Good Guy Gray (Carts 1-75)

Bad Guy Black (Carts 76-150)

(Sorry for the crappy and blurry iphone photos!)

- The game will cost $85 shipped in the US, $105 Shipped to Canada, and $110 Worldwide.  Using all new parts was MUCH more expensive than using donors, so sorry about the cost.  The international prices stink due to the higher cost of flate rate postage seen here :  http://cr.colostate.edu/documents...
I have had several packages recently "disappear" in transit when going abroad.  Unfortunately, I have to build those losses into my shipping cost.  I know it sucks, but it is what it is. 

In order to reserve a spot you must:
Post in this thread
Put the number you want in this thread
Put your country it is shipping to in this thread
If you don't follow these rules, I'll have to skip over your request

List of Available Spots!
https://docs.google.com/spreadshe...

-  Once you have requested to reserve a number, I will PM you with a transaction with payment instructions.

-  Once a transaction request has been made, you will have 3 days to send payment over.  Any longer than this, and I will leave appropriate feedback and your number goes back up for grabs.  Sorry, but I've done 5 full reproduction runs in the past with far too many tire kickers.

-  There is no maximum number you can purchase, buy as many as you like.  If you buy more than one, I will charge actual shipping.

What you should know about this release:
So, in going back to what we did with Kitty's Catch, there are TWO versions of the game that will be available for purchase!  The first 75 games are the "Good Guy Edition".  The Good Guy Edition comes with Good Guy Bitbox art, label art, and Poster, and will be in gray NES cart shells.  The second 75 are the "Bad Guy Edition".  The Bad guy Edition comes with Bad Guy Bitbox art, label art, and Poster, and will be in black NES cart shells.  The games play the same way, we just wanted this release to set itself apart a bit more than usual.

What you should know about this game:
Fighting Simulator World Champ is a game that was set for release on the NES in 1991/92 and was developed by Culture Brain.  It is part of the Flying Warrior series of games and saw a famicom release as Hiryu no Ken Special: Fighting Wars in June of 1991.  The game gets away from the clunky platforming aspects of Flying Warriors and instead focuses on a heavily refined Tournament style format and story mode.  There are 4 modes of play available:  Circuit, Tag Match, VS Tournament, and Elimination Match.

There are 12 basic characters that you may choose from with various fighting backgrounds.  You may rename the character, and you can fully customize their stats.  There are 11 stats in all (from Defense to Arm Strength) in which you can customize.

Beyond customizing each character, you may also choose one of three control styles.

In Circuit Mode, you travel the world prize fighting.  Each opponent nets a different win purse, and money can be spent on style training or power up training to either increase your stats or learn more about the gameplay.  There are 24 total fights in Circuit mode and you can win various belts as you move up the ranks.

This is a much deeper fighting game than most are used to seeing on the NES, and it is undoubtably one of the best releases we've put out on the system.  This is everything that Flying Warriors should have been and more.

Quality Highs:
The PCBs by InfiniteLives are flawless.  Super high quality and sure to last for many, many years, they are perfect.  BitBoxes are the best thing to happen to the Homebrew/Repro scene in years.  Very high quality and made in the US of A, they're a favorite of ours for sure.  The artwork is exceptional as always, and you come to expect as much from FSped.  From the choice of characters to subtleties like the fist through the barcode, this thing is a polished product.  The last, and most important piece, is the gameplay.  The game is fun, bottom line, and is certainly worthy of seeing the light of day on the NES.

Quality Lows:
The carts shells have some minor (in my opinion) quality issues.  Some of the mold does not appear as sharp as it could, and here is an insanely long analysis of the shells:  

=

To be perfectly honest, I don't think they are nearly as bad as they are made out to be, but be mindful of this when purchasing.

Next, and this is the big one, the labels ARE NOT PERFECT!  There is a bump in the plastic on the front of the cart shells, and this causes nearly every label to have at least one single bump near the word "Fighting" on the label.  Many labels have bubbling of sorts, and some labels not completely straight.  If these are issues that will bother you, PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE THIS GAME!!!  Do not ask for extra labels or complain about any quality issues listed above.  If they are a concern of yours, and I can understand that, please DO NOT PURCHASE THIS GAME!!!  I believe the game is of very high quality, and people will be happy to take your spot.

Last, but not least:  There are exactly 150 of these games made.  I cannot produce extras, so if your game is lost in transit, I cannot replace it.  I have a few extra Bitboxes, a few extra cart shells, and a few extra posters.  If those get damaged in transit, I can replace those, but that's it.  

Shoutouts:

Dain:  Thank you so much for creating this amazing site.  Without you and this site, there are many, many protos that NEVER would have gotten released.  You're an amazing guy and a great friend!
fsped:  The best artist in the biz!  The case, label, poster; all possible because of this dude.  Thanks so much for all of your help!

I think that's pretty much it.  If you have any questions/comments/concerns, please let me know!

-------------------------
Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Edited: 09/07/2015 at 05:02 PM by MrMark0673

May 17, 2015 at 12:28:43 PM
starwind40k (212)
(Chris ) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Lowest available please! Shipped to USA

Edited: 05/17/2015 at 12:29 PM by starwind40k

May 17, 2015 at 12:28:55 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Can I get #75 and #150? USA

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Edited: 05/17/2015 at 12:29 PM by Ferris Bueller

May 17, 2015 at 12:33:23 PM
Optic_ghost (16)
< Crack Trooper >
Lowest available please! Shipped to the US as usual.

Edited: 05/17/2015 at 12:34 PM by Optic_ghost

May 17, 2015 at 12:36:16 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
hooray! the google docs sheet requires access. btw.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

May 17, 2015 at 12:38:12 PM
PhoenixPhyre (44)

< Crack Trooper >
Virginia
Lowest possible of the 'bad guy edition', please. Shipping to US.

May 17, 2015 at 12:42:23 PM
babywuchki (90)
(Chris ) < Kraid Killer >
United States
Number 18 please USA 

Edited: 05/17/2015 at 12:43 PM by babywuchki

May 17, 2015 at 12:53:12 PM
lonepanda (16)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Maryland
is there any videos of this game?

Currently hunting: SEGA SATURN SHMUP IMPORTS OVER ALL!!! NEED ALL STARTING FROM SCRATCH! 
Harvest Moon Snes, Earthbound Snes, Metal Warriors, Hagane, Shmups.

May 17, 2015 at 12:57:46 PM
gwyndion (322)
(Cookie Monster) < King Solomon >
California
#74 & #149 please - USA shipping

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:

Edited: 05/17/2015 at 12:58 PM by gwyndion

May 17, 2015 at 12:58:01 PM
dquiros (106)
(David Quiros) < El Ripper >
Illinois
ill take lowest number for each good guy and bad guy version. US shipping. thanks

edit: after reading my question was answered

Edited: 05/17/2015 at 12:59 PM by dquiros

May 17, 2015 at 1:07:02 PM
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
#7 to the USA please

Edited: 05/17/2015 at 01:07 PM by mattbep

May 17, 2015 at 1:07:40 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: lonepanda

is there any videos of this game?

Here is a video of Hiryuu no Ken Special: Fighting Wars, which is the famicom version.  This game is in full English and had some things (like the famicom controller in the tutorials for instance) changed.  The orignal is essentially unplayable if you cannot read Japanese.

Photobucket

May 17, 2015 at 1:13:17 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
So...which one's the good guy?

May 17, 2015 at 1:22:42 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

So...which one's the good guy?
Good guy gray, bad guy black.

I mean, look at the muscles on the bad guy!  No good guy is ever that big!

Photobucket

Edited: 05/17/2015 at 01:23 PM by MrMark0673

May 17, 2015 at 1:41:53 PM
blinkafi (30)
(doug contreras) < Little Mac >
California
I'll take one of each please. Lowest number available. Thanks

#8 and #78

Instagram: https://instagram.com/blink_afi/

Edited: 05/17/2015 at 01:48 PM by blinkafi

May 17, 2015 at 1:59:04 PM
RpgCollector (128)
(Jeff Oconnell) < Kraid Killer >
California
I'll Take #44 & #88.
Shipping to USA.

Thank you!!

Down to the last 2 Sega Game Gear games I need for the CIB USA set. What I will pay for CIB:

Fantastic Dizzy -$300 & Sports Illustrated -$300

May 17, 2015 at 2:02:32 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
lol, 75 people are gonna have one of each Release looks very cool!

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

May 17, 2015 at 2:06:59 PM
GibbyVA (32)
(NESCAPADES ) < Meka Chicken >
Virginia
Lowest number of bad guy edition please. USA shipping.

8-Bit Collection (no dupes) -  NES - 1,245 Famicom - 719  Master System - 255
Latest additions - AO, UXO, O-To-X, Rock Paper Scissors, Enigmacore, Cowlitz Gamers Adventure, Journey: The Game, Khan Games 4in1, Legends of Owlia

May 17, 2015 at 2:40:23 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
no preference on edition, i'll take whatever is available

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

May 17, 2015 at 2:41:29 PM
Wolfman (111)
(E-vard Zadams) < El Ripper >
Alberta
Number #108 shipped to the US

Aaaaaaa-Whoooooooooooooooooooo

Lots good to trade! > Click Here <

May 17, 2015 at 3:17:04 PM
srh201 (114)
(Hootie McBoobins D.N.S.) < Bowser >
United States
left dude looks like attack on titan a little! give me #33. artwork looks awesome. gotta love the nolan bros releases!

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!

May 17, 2015 at 3:59:50 PM
brokenkevin (24)
(Kevin ) < Crack Trooper >
New York
I'll take #82 to the USA

May 17, 2015 at 4:05:57 PM
federsel (10)

< Tourian Tourist >
Germany
number #100 please, shipped to Germany

May 17, 2015 at 5:05:30 PM
vladictivo (112)
(Vladi ) < Lolo Lord >
Mexico
#13 or the lowest available, please US shipping

Keeping it custom: vladictivo.deviantart.com

Edited: 05/17/2015 at 05:06 PM by vladictivo

May 17, 2015 at 6:51:22 PM
goldendark007 (76)
(Grodacious ) < Meka Chicken >
New York
lowest number, hopefully with a 7. Good guy version with a 7. Usa shipping

Originally posted by: Guntz

I must say though, it's almost movie-like that a repro collector gives his green horns a try at soldering a repro cartridge.
http://teamchris.org