Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

I just spent the most money I've ever spent on a game

Jul 03 at 12:07:28 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
Well that's not completely true I did spend over $200 for earthbound cartridge when I was new to the hobby and didn't know no better, I lost about $50 on that deal when I sold my copy.

But this is the first time I've spent over $100 for a game well aware of how much I've spent and what I was getting.

I bought a sealed copy of super Mario Land 6 golden coins for $138.25 on eBay no less.

The only reason I think I was able to get this was the guy have listed it about 2 hours or 3 hours before I looked at it and he had a picture on there that didn't show that it will sealed.

He had an auction going on at a buy it now price and so I went back because I was still going to bid on it so I wanted to watch the game and when I refreshed it showed the new picture that it was actually sealed. I bought the thing immediately.

And I'm so happy about this super Mario Land 6 golden coins might be my favorite game of all time and having a sealed copy of it is just I'm ecstatic.

Jul 03 at 12:14:07 PM
Scerena4 (65)
(Kyle Scerena) < El Ripper >
Illinois
It looks like he used the picture from this auction for his so hopefully its real and not just a scam or you dont get ones thats completely wrecked.

s://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Mario-...

Edited: 07/03/2019 at 12:15 PM by Scerena4

Jul 03 at 12:14:40 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
Having a sealed copy of a game that is special to you is a pretty iconic and wonderful thing. Congratulations.

-------------------------
Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Jul 03 at 12:35:24 PM
CaLan87 (5)
(Cody ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
Pretty cool deal! Glad it means something rather than just buying to resell. Be careful about posting stuff like this until you've got it. Its against the rules I believe. (to protect you from other people trying to pull it out from under you)

*** Check out my WTB thread!! ***
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jul 03 at 1:59:50 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: Scerena4

It looks like he used the picture from this auction for his so hopefully its real and not just a scam or you dont get ones thats completely wrecked.

Well I appreciate that. now that you showed me that it's got me worried that reposted an image or something. I'm going to figure it out though.

I knew that there was a possibility that it was fraudulent with the way it it went down but we'll figure it out I know I'm not getting screwed because of eBay is on my side so we'll figure it out.

Edited: 07/03/2019 at 02:03 PM by 14u2ponder

Jul 03 at 2:10:35 PM
CaLan87 (5)
Texas
Originally posted by: 14u2ponder

Well I appreciate that. now that you showed me that it's got me worried that reposted an image or something. I'm going to figure it out though. I knew that there was a possibility that it was fraudulent with the way it it went down but we'll figure it out I know I'm not getting screwed because of eBay is on my side so we'll figure it out.

keep us posted when it comes! 

Jul 03 at 2:15:30 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Taking that next step to spending more money on a game that's close to you is great! Just be careful - soon enough it becomes "Well I've spent this much BEFORE, surely I can do it again!" and suddenly you have a bunch of expensive games and no wallet.

Jul 03 at 2:30:40 PM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: coffeewithmrsaturn

Having a sealed copy of a game that is special to you is a pretty iconic and wonderful thing. Congratulations.

This is true.  As someone who typically collects games to potentially play them AND have them on a shelf for eye candy, the more I loved a game and meaningful it was a kid, the better state I want it in.  I have one graded game and probably about 5 sealed games and only a couple more I want.

These are the top-shelf items for me, even the ones that are cheap like my sealed copy of Cybernoid.  It's a common, cheap game but I loved it as a kid.  Gladly displayed with my collection.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Jul 03 at 2:32:57 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: CaLan87

Well I appreciate that. now that you showed me that it's got me worried that reposted an image or something. I'm going to figure it out though. I knew that there was a possibility that it was fraudulent with the way it it went down but we'll figure it out I know I'm not getting screwed because of eBay is on my side so we'll figure it out.

Well I just called eBay and I'm just going to try to get a refund right away. The guy is clearly is trying to screw me.

Jul 03 at 2:33:18 PM
Richardhead (13)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
$138.25
Well now I just feel stupid🤪

Jul 03 at 3:31:03 PM
CaLan87 (5)
Texas

Originally posted by: CaLan87

Well I just called eBay and I'm just going to try to get a refund right away. The guy is clearly is trying to screw me.

I would wait and see what you get. Either way, Ebay has you covered. Ive done this before and it was a generic picture of snatcher for sega cd. They ended up sending me a sealed Snatcher. Some people just dont know how to upload pictures. 

Jul 03 at 4:57:48 PM
Nes Freak (31)
(Dave ) < Ridley Wrangler >
California
try 1500 dollars on mega man 5 gameboy cib mint. hopefully you get the real deal. i dont buy when theres a stock photo.

Edited: 07/03/2019 at 04:59 PM by Nes Freak

Jul 03 at 5:02:38 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
Originally posted by: Nes Freak

try 1500 dollars on mega man 5 gameboy cib mint. hopefully you get the real deal. i dont buy when theres a stock photo.

was that you? did you bid on the Mega Man IV that sold for a rediculous ammount?

Jul 03 at 5:26:00 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
Well the guy responded back to me and he just seems legit. I am pretty confident that he said to me what he said he's sending me otherwise he's a he has more cajones than I would think.
I'm very very excited about this I love this game.
I'll keep you guys posted but I'm very optimistic at this point

Jul 03 at 10:35:38 PM
rdools (91)
(Rick Dools) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario

Well the guy responded back to me and he just seems legit. I am pretty confident that he said to me what he said he's sending me otherwise he's a he has more cajones than I would think.
I'm very very excited about this I love this game.
I'll keep you guys posted but I'm very optimistic at this point

I am also a Nigerian prince, and I have 10million USD and worth of rough diamonds I will split with tou 50/50z. Please provide your SIN, mother’s maiden name, and full mailing number. Also please send western union payment of $1000USD to [email protected] to ensure prompt shipping and documentation.

Price Ali

Jul 03 at 10:46:54 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >

I would never spend $1500 on JUST a cib version of Megaman V. If I spent over $500, I would rather buy a sealed version for $2500 or whatever, because at least I know that it is both RARE and SOUGHT-AFTER.

I look at megaman V like I look at Chrono-trigger for the SNES, a game that has been driven up by fanboys. I'm just not a fan of spending THAT much money, unless it is sealed and pristine. It's too easy to lose your ass on it. 

Jul 03 at 11:03:51 PM
rdools (91)
(Rick Dools) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario

I would never spend $1500 on JUST a cib version of Megaman V. If I spent over $500, I would rather buy a sealed version for $2500 or whatever, because at least I know that it is both RARE and SOUGHT-AFTER.

I look at megaman V like I look at Chrono-trigger for the SNES, a game that has been driven up by fanboys. I'm just not a fan of spending THAT much money, unless it is sealed and pristine. It's too easy to lose your ass on it. 

Nothing but a money wasting fanboy. Man this guy should totally feel bad about buying that game.

but hey, at least he will end up with a game, unlike you who more than likely will have their money tied up with eBay/PayPal for the next 2 months and never receive a game, or receive a beat up peice of junk that you will need to return.

Jul 03 at 11:32:48 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: rdools

Nothing but a money wasting fanboy. Man this guy should totally feel bad about buying that game.

but hey, at least he will end up with a game, unlike you who more than likely will have their money tied up with eBay/PayPal for the next 2 months and never receive a game, or receive a beat up peice of junk that you will need to return.

wth did i do to you? lol, you dogging me out like i'm your old lady or something. 

Jul 04 at 9:55:02 AM
WhyNotZoidberg (5)
(Julien ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
I bought a mint CIB Lucienne's Quest on 3DO for roughly $300USD so that's my single most expensive purchase and I don't regret it. I budgeted a long time for it and pulled the trigger the instant I saw a satisfying copy that went for just about the amount of money I had for it.

Jul 04 at 8:04:10 PM
Nes Freak (31)
California
Originally posted by: alekx

was that you? did you bid on the Mega Man IV that sold for a rediculous ammount?

no  i bought mine private sale on this site last year

Jul 04 at 8:25:28 PM
Nes Freak (31)
California

well  im a big fan of the mega man franshise.  mega man 5 on GB is very sought after.   i cant help the price on this game is ridiculusly high for a cib  but finding a mint cib of mega man 5 GB with its plastic still around it (but opened)  complete with all paper work, inserts, resistration, etc  is quite hard to find these days.  i dont do sealed cause it too easy to fake a sealed game  by resealing it.  then  ive also seen the seal dammages the box over time cause the shrink wrap will continue to shrink bending the box. (sometimes)  everyone has their preferences on what they like to buy and what there willing to spend on it.

Jul 06 at 8:10:53 PM
NES Connoisseur (0)
(Nintendo Enthusiast ) < Eggplant Wizard >
North Carolina
I paid over $20K for a copy of NWC ..

Jul 06 at 9:14:38 PM
DaneTX (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Hope it's what you wanted. I feel like a cheap bastard as my highest purchase is $50 for A Nightmare on Elm Street....technically my wifey bought it for me, so not sure that even counts.

Jul 06 at 10:17:03 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: NES Connoisseur

Well, if you have the cash, I don't see anything wrong with it. It's an investment. You are probably in to nintendo history way more than I am. I just like collecting gameboy games because I think they are fun to play and I love the box art. I also enjoy hunting for games online and trying to get deals. 

Jul 06 at 10:46:04 PM
Nes Freak (31)
California
Originally posted by: NES Connoisseur

something i could never afford unless i won the lottery or manage to find one out of shear dumb luck