Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The Powerpak thread Links, Incompatibility list, Mappers, Tips, Troubleshooting, Downloads

Oct 5, 2015 at 9:27:34 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
I have the 64 Everdrive v3 and it is fantastic. Loads 64Mbyte ROM in less than 3 seconds. As a bonus you can also play NES ROMs off it. I have no idea how they pulled that off...

-------------------------
~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Oct 5, 2015 at 9:33:16 PM
Rookie1 (22)
(Pig Benis) < El Ripper >
Maine
Originally posted by: stardust4ever

I have the 64 Everdrive v3 and it is fantastic. Loads 64Mbyte ROM in less than 3 seconds. As a bonus you can also play NES ROMs off it. I have no idea how they pulled that off...

I have been eyeballing the "Deluxe" version for a while now. Maybe I will just suck it up and take the plunge.  Thanks for the info.

THINGS IM LOOKING FOR - http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Oct 7, 2015 at 12:13:36 AM
The NES Renegade (4)
< Little Mac >
Manitoba
I have the up most faith in bunnyboy and i love his products. Put people out there are beating him to the punch! First The hi def NES by kevtris, and now the new everdrive IOS. Not to stir the shit or anything. I just don't know if i should hold out?

Oct 7, 2015 at 12:33:45 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: shenron002

I have the up most faith in bunnyboy and i love his products. Put people out there are beating him to the punch! First The hi def NES by kevtris, and now the new everdrive IOS. Not to stir the shit or anything. I just don't know if i should hold out?
I'm still waiting for the AVS!

Oct 23, 2015 at 9:09:29 PM
WaverBoy (1)

(Jeff Nelson) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
When using the Ultimate Mappers Cocktail, Bomberman 2 keeps glitching and going to the Powermappers screen at random points during play, every 30 or 45 seconds; if I select BACK TO GAME, it goes back to the game, but then soon reverts to the Powermappers screen. This is incredibly annoying. Has anyone else had issues with Bomberman 2 when using the Powermappers?

Nov 1, 2015 at 12:46:13 PM
chindave (0)

< Cherub >
Hi, love your custom Everdrive N8 label. Are u either interested in selling the cartridge or could u please email me the design for me to print my own? Thanks. David.

Dec 4, 2015 at 2:46:24 PM
WaverBoy (1)

Washington
This isn't showing as pinned anymore...?

EDIT: Hmmmm, now it is.  Weird.

And, I repeat my question/observation about Bomberman 2 not working correctly with the PowerMappers.  Anyone?

Edited: 12/04/2015 at 02:48 PM by WaverBoy

Dec 11, 2015 at 2:41:00 AM
buttheadrulesagain (20)
(Jorge Juarez) < King Solomon >
Mexico
Originally posted by: WaverBoy

This isn't showing as pinned anymore...?

EDIT: Hmmmm, now it is.  Weird.

And, I repeat my question/observation about Bomberman 2 not working correctly with the PowerMappers.  Anyone?

Hello there. I have same problem with that game

Dec 11, 2015 at 2:44:21 AM
buttheadrulesagain (20)
Mexico
I just noticed the fox's website is down. Does he have a new site, or something? Did he ever got a new version of the Powermappers out?

Dec 11, 2015 at 9:00:34 PM
WaverBoy (1)

Washington
Well, at least it's not just me. :-)

Not good that the Fox's website is down. :-(

I'm going to make a separate CF card with the normal mappers for when I want to play Bomberman 2. I'd buy the cartridge, but unfortunately it's waaaaaaaaay overpriced these days.

Thanks for your reply sir! Hopefully the Fox will come back online with a Powermapper fix for Bomberman 2.

Dec 12, 2015 at 9:00:57 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: WaverBoy

Well, at least it's not just me. :-)

Not good that the Fox's website is down. :-(

I'm going to make a separate CF card with the normal mappers for when I want to play Bomberman 2. I'd buy the cartridge, but unfortunately it's waaaaaaaaay overpriced these days.

Thanks for your reply sir! Hopefully the Fox will come back online with a Powermapper fix for Bomberman 2.
Yeah I was lucky I bought Bomberman II a couple years ago when it was still reasonable. I paid $35 from an Amazon reseller and it had a Replays sticker that says "Bomberman $5" on the backside. I kept the sticker for posterity. At first I figured I got ripped off as the seller made out like a bandit, but looking at pricecharting recently, I'm glad I bought it when I did.

Bomberman II is great, especially with 3 person multiplayer battle. The original had zero multiplayer options. You can also get the Famicom versions cheaply still and there are four games total, 3 and 4 being exclusive to Japan, or you can also play them on a Powerpak but they won't work with a four score obviously. You need the Famicom expansion port and a custom adapter to access extra players on the Famicom variants.

I need to test Bomberman II with the Loopy set. I never bothered with Power mappers.

Edited: 12/12/2015 at 09:06 AM by Kosmic StarDust

Dec 12, 2015 at 10:06:28 AM
thefox (0)
(Kalle Immonen) < Meka Chicken >
Finland
I don't have my NTSC NES hooked up so I didn't test it yet, but on a cursory glance I think I already spotted the problem in the mapper HDL. Looks like the code incorrectly handles the situation where the game reads the controller more than 8 times (Bomberman II does because of its Four Score support) and DPCM sample playback causes corrupted controller reads.

Should be a pretty easy fix, but I can't give any promises about schedule.

Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: kkfos.aspekt.fi

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:18:55 AM
thefox (0)
Finland
Here's a version of MAP01.MAP that should fix the Bomberman II problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1aljcbm...

EDIT: Removed the full download because of MMC3 problems.

Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: kkfos.aspekt.fi

Edited: 12/17/2015 at 01:19 AM by thefox

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:30:01 AM
thefox (0)
Finland
...and now I noticed that the MMC3 got messed up because of the (completely unrelated) changes, argh. So you may want to skip overwriting the file MAP04.MAP (MMC3 implementation). MAP01.MAP is the only file that's needed for the Bomberman II fix.

I really should take another go at fixing those MMC3 problems...

Dec 16, 2015 at 10:20:46 PM
buttheadrulesagain (20)
Mexico
Originally posted by: thefox

...and now I noticed that the MMC3 got messed up because of the (completely unrelated) changes, argh. So you may want to skip overwriting the file MAP04.MAP (MMC3 implementation). MAP01.MAP is the only file that's needed for the Bomberman II fix.

I really should take another go at fixing those MMC3 problems...

Hey there, I hope you're doing fine. Is your original website down forever? Do you have a new one?

Dec 17, 2015 at 12:13:12 AM
thefox (0)
Finland
Originally posted by: buttheadrulesagain

Hey there, I hope you're doing fine. Is your original website down forever? Do you have a new one?
I'm good. My VPS provider accidentally (yes, really) wiped out my entire server (oops!) and I can't bother to set it all back up. I'll reupload some of my old stuff little by little when I get around to it.

Dec 17, 2015 at 12:26:24 AM
buttheadrulesagain (20)
Mexico

I'm good. My VPS provider accidentally (yes, really) wiped out my entire server (oops!) and I can't bother to set it all back up. I'll reupload some of my old stuff little by little when I get around to it.

Ouch, that's gotta hurt! I really hope they at least sent you a very apologetic email, and refund you or something

Dec 17, 2015 at 2:26:55 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana

Ouch, that's gotta hurt! I really hope they at least sent you a very apologetic email, and refund you or something

It's the cloud, man. They are vapor after all. I have seen clouds vanish into thin air too.

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:05:39 AM
thefox (0)
Finland
I made a new MMC3 implementation. It's not completely timing-compatible with a real MMC3 (IRQs fire a little bit later than they should), but it should be more robust than the previous version, and all the games I tested don't seem to care all that much.

Here's the new version. This should be extracted on top of an existing v20 or v21 installation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/854mvhb...

Let me know how/if it works. Feedback is welcomed especially from those who may have had some problems with MMC3 (e.g. MegaMan 3..6, Bucky O'Hare, ...) in previous versions.

Dec 18, 2015 at 1:32:48 AM
buttheadrulesagain (20)
Mexico

I made a new MMC3 implementation. It's not completely timing-compatible with a real MMC3 (IRQs fire a little bit later than they should), but it should be more robust than the previous version, and all the games I tested don't seem to care all that much.

Here's the new version. This should be extracted on top of an existing v20 or v21 installation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/854mvhbirhb3kp6/powermappers-mmc3-...

Let me know how/if it works. Feedback is welcomed especially from those who may have had some problems with MMC3 (e.g. MegaMan 3..6, Bucky O'Hare, ...) in previous versions.

Thank you! initial testing doesn't show any problems. I'll be on the look out for any.

Dec 20, 2015 at 7:20:29 AM
Slaughterhouserock (0)
< Cherub >
Alabama
That sucks about your server fox, hope you get things back up and running soon.

Any chance you, or anyone else, has a mirror to download powermappers while the site's down?

Dec 20, 2015 at 7:32:08 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: Slaughterhouserock

Any chance you, or anyone else, has a mirror to download powermappers while the site's down?
Yeah someone recently asked about them in the Everdrive forums. I never used the save state mappers but a lot of people do.

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:32:59 PM
buttheadrulesagain (20)
Mexico

You can also download the cocktail of mappers that includes the Powermappers, from the first post.

Dec 24, 2015 at 9:39:56 AM
Slaughterhouserock (0)
< Cherub >
Alabama

You can also download the cocktail of mappers that includes the Powermappers, from the first post.

I didn't realize they were included in the bundled download.  Thanks!

Dec 28, 2015 at 8:23:03 PM
thefox (0)
Finland
New version (v23) is now up at https://kkfos.aspekt.fi/...

Changes:
- v23 (2015-12-28)
  * New MMC3 IRQ implementation (RAMBO-1 style, based on M2). Doesn't
  exactly match real MMC3 timings, but should be more robust than the
  previous implementation.
  * Don't enable CHR-RAM if PPU asserts /RD and /WR at the same time due
  to rogue $2007 writes. Fixes graphics glitching in the following games:
    - Noah's Ark (E)
    - Addams Family, The - Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt (U)
    - Baseball Stars II (U)
    - Bigfoot (U)
    - Krusty's Fun House (U)
    - Perfect Fit (U)

- v21 (2015-12-16) * Fixed a bug in controller read corruption handling (caused menu to show up spuriously in Bomberman II). Thanks to WaverBoy for report. * FME-7 IRQ acknowledgement behavior changed to match http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopi... (should not affect any games).

Edited: 12/28/2015 at 08:36 PM by thefox