Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2015 Weekly Contests Presents: Shatterhand Challenge ends Sunday, 8/23/15 at 11 PM NA time

Aug 25, 2015 at 9:00:18 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: bearcat-doug

Originally posted by: bertsampson

Well that would be worse.  Should be midnight, dammit!

I usually don't play much on Sundays, so I'd be fine with them ending in the afternoon when the new contests are posted, but I'm probably in the minority there.

Ya, I play a lot on Sunday's. And it's usually the day for me to get my run together. Clean and polished. Sometimes I get my best run around 1:00 - 2:00 a.m. Sunday morning, but I still like having until 11:00 p.m. Just in case I can top it. 

-------------------------
 2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Aug 25, 2015 at 10:02:21 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

Ya, I play a lot on Sunday's. And it's usually the day for me to get my run together. Clean and polished. Sometimes I get my best run around 1:00 - 2:00 a.m. Sunday morning, but I still like having until 11:00 p.m. Just in case I can top it. 

I usually spend Sundays studying up on the next game (reading guides, watching YouTube videos, etc) and do most of my playing Monday through Wednesday. I normally give myself a break on Thursday and then give it one last attempt Friday or Saturday morning unless I'm satisfied with my current score.

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

Aug 25, 2015 at 10:25:44 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida

Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

Ya, I play a lot on Sunday's. And it's usually the day for me to get my run together. Clean and polished. 

I usually spend Sundays studying up on the next game (reading guides, watching YouTube videos, etc) and do most of my playing Monday through Wednesday. I normally give myself a break on Thursday and then give it one last attempt Friday or Saturday morning unless I'm satisfied with my current score.

Lol I'm so burnt by Monday I usually don't pick up the next game until Wednesday or Thursday. Then I end up craming Friday and Saturday. 

As for studying there is a website full of NES instruction books. It's not perfect but it is useful. 

http://www.world-of-nintendo.com/...

Aug 25, 2015 at 10:40:04 AM
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
You guys are so lucky. I get 60-90 minutes of game time some evenings and that's all I get.

Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 136
--------------------------------------------------
Next Game: #137 - Shadowgate
Latest Post - 10/11/19 - #130 - Bad Street Brawler
--------------------------------------------------
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

Aug 25, 2015 at 10:43:18 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: arnpoly

You guys are so lucky. I get 60-90 minutes of game time some evenings and that's all I get.

I normally don't play for more than an hour or two a day. I try to start on Monday so if I manage to beat the game or put up a decent score early in the week, I can take a break until the next contest.

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

Edited: 08/25/2015 at 10:44 AM by bearcat-doug

Aug 26, 2015 at 4:06:22 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

Originally posted by: arnpoly

I normally don't play for more than an hour or two a day. I try to start on Monday so if I manage to beat the game or put up a decent score early in the week, I can take a break until the next contest.

Heehee  

i played shatterhand all day Saturday and didn't wake up until the afternoon.