Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can NA Beat Every NES Game In A Year - 2019 550/677

Aug 01 at 8:34:12 PM
Daniel_Doyce (0)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Well, it's August 1 now and all the Koei games are unplayed. I'm pretty busy until Labor Day, but I can start on them after that if no one else steps up.

-------------------------
Koeinalia: A Compendium of Koei Knowledge - NES and SNES

Aug 02 at 7:59:43 AM
Crabmaster2000 (59)
(K P) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia
After struggling with it all week I finally finished off Airwolf tonight. Had a run yesterday where I was robbed of a victory on the final level before it loops so I am very happy to be done with it today.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/2000C...

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:

http://rfgenerationcollectorcast....
677/677 Licensed NES Games
94/94 TG16 Games

Aug 02 at 8:16:25 AM
Crabmaster2000 (59)
(K P) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Daniel_Doyce

Well, it's August 1 now and all the Koei games are unplayed. I'm pretty busy until Labor Day, but I can start on them after that if no one else steps up.

There are a few I'd like to play through this year, but probably wont get around to them until October. The biggest one I'd like to beat is L'Empereur if you'd be cool leaving that one for me. 

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/2000C...

94/94 TG16 Games

Aug 02 at 7:37:30 PM
Daniel_Doyce (0)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Crabmaster2000

Originally posted by: Daniel_Doyce

There are a few I'd like to play through this year, but probably wont get around to them until October. The biggest one I'd like to beat is L'Empereur if you'd be cool leaving that one for me. 

Sounds good. It's my favorite but I can play it just for fun  

Koeinalia: A Compendium of Koei Knowledge - NES and SNES

Aug 02 at 8:45:10 PM
bronzeshield (44)
(P. ) < Lolo Lord >
New York
The one I might take on is Romance of the Three Kingdoms, simply because I kinda want to do a playthrough with the weakest character (Liu Biao IIRC) on max difficulty. But I'm not sure I'll be doing that this year, so if you could just save it for last or something, unless I announce that I've started a game...?

Aug 03 at 8:00:57 AM
tablew/chairs (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Michigan
Maniac Mansion, I know it pretty much ruins playing but I used a walkthrough I just can't ever get into these types of games

Aug 03 at 8:04:11 AM
tablew/chairs (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Michigan

After struggling with it all week I finally finished off Airwolf tonight. Had a run yesterday where I was robbed of a victory on the final level before it loops so I am very happy to be done with it today.

Good job it's a tough one for sure, defintely one of the games when I started it was "how in the hell am I ever going to beat this"

Aug 03 at 1:25:52 PM
Crabmaster2000 (59)
(K P) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: tablew/chairs

Good job it's a tough one for sure, defintely one of the games when I started it was "how in the hell am I ever going to beat this"

The weirdest thing to me was that stages 6-9 were by far the toughest for me. If I had a good run that got past stage nine with a couple of lives under my belt I had a chance to getting to 20 or beyond, but most of my runs ended on stage 8-9. It was mostly a matter of figuring out how to best take damage and just fly straight towards your targets and try to limp into a refueling station to get your damage restored.

94/94 TG16 Games

Aug 04 at 5:28:53 AM
oleSchool (0)
(Jonathon Wright) < Little Mac >
Hawaii
It took ~14 hours of play to get to 99 power so that I could take on the World Ranking guys... Got all 4 then World Ranking #1 Madman takes me to the 7th round...my goodness this rocky wanna be just wouldn't fall, haha. He beat me, so got him in a rematch.  
World Ranking #1 finally!!

Epic fun, this was my first participation in a NA beat all NES games for the year challenge, very cool !

Ring King is DONE!! (See attachments)

"It's Dangerous to go alone. Take This!"
The Old Man

https://www.youtube.com/channel/U...

Aug 04 at 10:25:39 AM
bronzeshield (44)
(P. ) < Lolo Lord >
New York
Originally posted by: oleSchool

Epic fun, this was my first participation in a NA beat all NES games for the year challenge, very cool !

Nice work! Welcome aboard.  

I put a bunch of hours into Ring King when I was a kid but never beat it, or even felt like I'd gotten that much of anywhere. Maybe I'll give it a shot next year -- it's definitely on my "someday" list.

Aug 04 at 5:20:10 PM
oleSchool (0)
Hawaii
Originally posted by: bronzeshield

Nice work! Welcome aboard.  

I put a bunch of hours into Ring King when I was a kid but never beat it, or even felt like I'd gotten that much of anywhere. Maybe I'll give it a shot next year -- it's definitely on my "someday" list.

Thank you! Yeah definitely had lots of memories of 1v1 battles with my buddies everyday after school with this one. We never played it single player haha, so this is a first for me beating it as well, was fun!

The Old Man

Aug 05 at 8:58:05 AM
scaryice (115)
(scary ice) < King Solomon >
Illinois

Awesome, congrats! I remember when I beat this game years ago, I did it by only throwing one punch against the top guy. I hit him once at the start then just ran away for 15 rounds, so I won 1-0. Still had to grind a decent amount to get fast enough to do that.

WTB/WTTF - Famicom carts (54 needed):

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Aug 05 at 5:47:36 PM
oleSchool (0)
Hawaii
Originally posted by: scaryice

Awesome, congrats! I remember when I beat this game years ago, I did it by only throwing one punch against the top guy. I hit him once at the start then just ran away for 15 rounds, so I won 1-0. Still had to grind a decent amount to get fast enough to do that.

Wow pretty slick, I never knew you could do that. I only have the cartridge not the manual so I’m wondering how ya knew #of punches wins. I always thought it was judges scorecard kind lol. 
Oh well, the grind to 99 power was fun, shoulda streamed or recorded the fights because some were clash of the titans epic kind haha!

The Old Man

Aug 06 at 10:29:15 AM
Maydogg6 (49)
(Assy McGee) < Lolo Lord >
New York
I finished Castelian the other night:

"I will beat you like a drum."

Aug 07 at 8:08:21 AM
Crabmaster2000 (59)
(K P) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia
Beat Isolated Warrior and Klashball tonight. I really liked Isolated Warrior, not a bad... shooter?

94/94 TG16 Games

Aug 07 at 12:27:48 PM
Strikezone1 (1)
(Steve ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan

I really liked Isolated Warrior, not a bad... shooter?

Awesome game, that hardly ever gets talked about!... And yeah, I'd consider it a shooter/shmup. Auto-scrolling, and you're consitantly firing weapons.

Aug 07 at 12:31:47 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: Strikezone1

I really liked Isolated Warrior, not a bad... shooter?

Awesome game, that hardly ever gets talked about!... And yeah, I'd consider it a shooter/shmup. Auto-scrolling, and you're consitantly firing weapons.

If Gun.Smoke's a shooter, so is Isolated Warrior.

Aug 07 at 12:45:15 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

Beat Isolated Warrior and Klashball tonight. I really liked Isolated Warrior, not a bad... shooter?

Oh, cool. I beat Isolated Warrior for this thread last year.

There's end credits if you beat two loops, and the second loop is a little more difficult because you start with less health. Thankfully that isn't a requirement.

Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

Aug 08 at 7:23:42 AM
scaryice (115)
(scary ice) < King Solomon >
Illinois
+1 for Isolated Warrior being a lot of fun

WTB/WTTF - Famicom carts (54 needed):

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Aug 10 at 6:43:59 AM
tablew/chairs (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Michigan
Breaktime- strange that it says the world championship awaits but then there's not another match just the credits

Aug 13 at 9:17:38 AM
tablew/chairs (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Michigan
side pocket

Aug 16 at 4:01:43 PM
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
I've started up Genghis Khan. I'm sure Daniel_Doyce could beat all the Koei games before I beat just this one.  

My wife and I have a baby on the way soon, so that means I have no idea how long it will take me to beat this one. Definitely this year though!

Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 136
--------------------------------------------------
Next Game: #137 - Shadowgate
Latest Post - 10/11/19 - #130 - Bad Street Brawler
--------------------------------------------------
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

Aug 16 at 8:24:12 PM
Khromak (16)

(Sean Dumont) < Crack Trooper >
New York
Just finished faria. Actually a decent game, not too tough or too long. Wondering why it's 10 points

Aug 17 at 5:28:56 AM
tablew/chairs (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Michigan
capcom gold medal challenge '92

Aug 17 at 5:29:30 AM
tablew/chairs (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Michigan
Originally posted by: arnpoly

I've started up Genghis Khan. I'm sure Daniel_Doyce could beat all the Koei games before I beat just this one.  

My wife and I have a baby on the way soon, so that means I have no idea how long it will take me to beat this one. Definitely this year though!
congrats