Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

What subset are you currently working on?

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:09:53 AM
Generic1 (9)

(Ass Kickerson) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
Just finished collecting the "Sim" games CIB on SNES (City,Earth,Ant,2000). Now working on all the SNES launch titles from the SNES Players guide

-------------------------
Just an ordinary game collector

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:13:15 AM
TriHart (59)
(Riley R) < El Ripper >
Alberta
I change my focus between a few different things. Ultimate goal is a SNES NTSC cart only set. Other items I prioritize are CIB Dreamcast and im in the early stages of a CIB Master system goal. These are the 3 I switch between.

When those 3 hit a stagnant wall for a time, I do actively collect randomly for other nintendo home consoles, or whatever tickles my fancy at the time.

DC CIB:                67/254
SMS CIB:               6/114
This is fun!

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:13:45 AM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: Nesmaster

CIB Capcom NES subset. 3 boxes, 8 manuals to go.

Damn man that's awesome. That purple looks so good together.

May the force be with you.

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:03:10 PM
Nesmaster (57)
(Trolling Thunder ) < El Ripper >
Alberta
Originally posted by: Foochie776

Originally posted by: Nesmaster

CIB Capcom NES subset. 3 boxes, 8 manuals to go.

Damn man that's awesome. That purple looks so good together.

Fortunately I've got all the expensive stuff out of the way, just missing boxes on 1942, Codename Viper, and Talespin. Manuals are all cheap too, I just don't want to pay by the piece on ebay for these because that's when it gets rediculous.

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:07:26 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Dragon Quest/Warrior.....I have a buy thread if anyone has anything they are willing to sell.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:11:32 PM
MasonSushi (83)
(Mason 8-Bit_Nes) < King Solomon >
South Carolina
i am one game away from my Master system set (Teddy Boy), and 138 away from my Dreamcast set. Dont know what sets to get next.

Come visit my youtube channel

MasonSushi YouTube Channel

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:15:04 PM
NickTLG (48)
(Nintendo Sage) < Bowser >
Illinois
Originally posted by: ginoscope

Originally posted by: cirellio

I'm always working on collecting all the RPGs.
I don't even have all the Final Fantasies or Dragon Quests yet so I've got a long way to go. I'm also working on collecting the Working Designs titles. And the Shining series. And the Tales of series ... etc.

This is what I do as well because as a kid I always felt I got more bang for the buck with RPGs.

Playing them now most of the extra time was grinding lol but hey still my favorite genre.

Haha. I hear ya. 
The stories, art, and music really seal the deal for me, but when I was a kid 'bang for the buck' was definitely a huge factor too. Now-a-days I'm relieved when an RPG doesn't take 50+ hours to clear.

Instagram
Wishlist

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:46:39 PM
Archon 1981 (20)
(Stephan Reese) < Meka Chicken >
California
Changing my answer! I forgot that I am actually working on a NFR SNES cart set.

Listen on Sound Cloud: https://soundcloud.com/collectors...
Listen on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podca...
Find me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/archon1...

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:54:46 PM
dirk12121212 (0)
< Little Mac >
working on Nes black box series, complete in the box

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:55:03 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
I guess replacing N64 and Gamecube games that I had growing up and sold. I'm like 15/20 on the N64 and 1/15 on GC

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Mar 8, 2016 at 2:21:23 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
Zoo subset for the Wii, DON'T JUDGE ME!!1!

Mar 8, 2016 at 2:21:53 PM
laddersandcakes (58)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Subsets? I guess the NES black box games super recently. Kind of casual on those, but I just noticed I have several already, so why not try to finish the set?

I like to think I'm going for complete sets for N64 (that's definite), NES, SNES, and maybe Genesis and Game Boy. I mean, that's sort of like a lifelong collecting goal, or set of goals. N64 is actually doable for me in the not-distant future, and we'll see about the rest.

Mar 8, 2016 at 3:03:05 PM
darkchylde28 (10)
(Doug ) < El Ripper >
Tennessee
At this point, I'm just trying to finish my NES library, with 14 to go (2 licensed, 12 unlicensed). If I had to pick a subset, I'd say the adult NES titles, as I'm currently without a Panesian cart to my name, sadly.

Need Stadium Events + Panesian titles, 6-in-1's, Menace Beach, Moon Ranger & Secret Scout to complete my licensed/unlicensed sets.

If you've got any of the above for sale, hit me up!

Mar 8, 2016 at 3:13:54 PM
KAMIKAWA (25)
(Keith Kamikawa) < Kraid Killer >
Wisconsin
PSP Classic Shooters aka shoo' em ups, bugger calling them shmups! Looking to add more classics and "newer games."

So far I have:
Gradius Collection (US)
Salamander Collection (Japan)
Parodius Portable (Japan)
Twinbee Portable (Japan)
PC Engine Best Collection Star Soldier (Japan)
Star Soldier (Remake) (Japan)
Gunhound EX Limited Edition (Japan)

This system RULES for Shooters!

For Sale: Limited Run Games http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Check out my Virtual Reality game PolyAquatic out now on iOS for Google Cardboard!
Coming Soon to Oculus Rift! 
http://polyaquatic.com/...

If you're looking for game art, pixel, 3D, or graphic design hit me up!
https://keithkamikawa.com/...

Mar 8, 2016 at 3:22:27 PM
SnowSauce (5)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Minnesota
Platinum Hits on the original xBox, is that considered a subset?

NintendoAge's Resident Tony Hawk Pro Skater Collector 

Mar 8, 2016 at 3:38:26 PM
GBC Collector (7)
(Alex Lacamu) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
I just got into GBC NFR, there are only 10 but I'm trying not to spend an arm and a leg

Check me out on Instagram @GBC_Collector

GBC Collector's FO/FT  GBC Collector's WTB

Want spine labels for OEM NES clamshell cases? Click Here!

Can NA beat every GB/GBC game? Come Join In!

Mar 8, 2016 at 3:40:32 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
Picking all of my favorite SNES and N64 games plus ones I never got to play or only played a little bit but got good reviews. I don't want full sets but I would like to find every game on both system that I would enjoy playing.

Mar 8, 2016 at 3:44:15 PM
TheGlowingDemon (3)
< Little Mac >
Florida
Working on getting a complete NTSC Mega Man set, including all releases of all games. Then I want to branch out and try and get some of the UK exclusive ones(Like X3 on PS1 and The Wily Wars on Genesis), then branch out to Japanese exclusive releases.

Unfortunately, a lot of the ones I have left are on the higher end of the price spectrum, plus I gotta go back and finish the NTSC Battle Network set(Only missing two games), and finish off the Star Force series(Missing the second versions). Also, I just have to get X3 on PS1, X collection on GC, and Command Mission on PS2, then I'll have a complete English X set. The original series set is what is going to get me, since I don't have any high dollar ones from that set.

Almost have one of each unique game though.

Then one day I just wanna get a CIB Majora's Mask on N64. After that... Not sure what else.

Mar 8, 2016 at 3:45:56 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
I collect all the games i had as a kid and got rid of, which i almost completed this, probably 90% there.

And i also collect all the hidden gems and great games i just missed out on.

N64 set is about complete at 40 games or so

PS1/PS2 i have about 175 combined but it's all killer no filler. Have about 30-40 more games that i would like to add.

Snes i have about 40 and i am missing probably about 20 games or so.

Then it's a matter of scanning through all the top games/hidden gems lists again to see if i missed anything that catches my eye.

gamevaluenow

Mar 8, 2016 at 3:53:43 PM
NickTLG (48)
(Nintendo Sage) < Bowser >
Illinois
Originally posted by: magus90

I collect all the games i had as a kid and got rid of, which i almost completed this, probably 90% there.

PS1/PS2 i have about 175 combined but it's all killer no filler. Have about 30-40 more games that i would like to add.

Then it's a matter of scanning through all the top games/hidden gems lists again to see if i missed anything that catches my eye.

That's awesome! I'm always finding more hidden gems, especially in the PS1/PS2 library so I bet you'll find more.

Instagram
Wishlist

Mar 8, 2016 at 4:09:35 PM
Skorp (39)
(Bryan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
N64, GameBoy Advance, DS, and 3DS not for resales right now. I am more focused on N64 and Gameboy Advance as with 3DS and DS, I have an almost complete collection and the ones I am missing are very rare. At the moment, I need only 1 for 3DS and 7 for DS (excluding distributions).

With 3DS though, new NFRs are continually being surfaced, so there is bound to be more out there. I actually recently found a NFR DS title that has never surfaced before and wasn't on the demo list, so that helps me to be patient and on the lookout. For DS, I also not looking for the Pokemon Distributions as some are very hard to find, but I do have more than half of them so far though.

With N64, I do only need the ones in my signature and also Zelda Gray and Yoshi International (also need the 2 Wrestling back sticker only games, but I never seen them before, so won't count them at this time)

Gameboy Advance, I started like 5 - 6 months ago, and have around 40% of them so far. I am only looking for them including the back sticker as well if applicable. Most are really cheap, so it seems like an easy NFR to get to near complete.

One more thing, I have been only collecting them as mint as possible, so that adds to the challenge.

Help complete my N64 NFR With Minty Back Sticker set. Only need two more:
              Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros!
Want to Buy/Want to Trade For Thread|For Sale/Offer Thread

Edited: 03/08/2016 at 04:14 PM by Skorp

Mar 8, 2016 at 4:26:10 PM
Pringlesman (23)
< Crack Trooper >
Illinois
Full N64 set loose (50ish to go), every zelda game (4 to go), every TMNT game (Quite a few left), Every Diablo Game CIB (quite a few, but just started)

Mar 8, 2016 at 4:29:09 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: cirellio

Originally posted by: magus90

That's awesome! I'm always finding more hidden gems, especially in the PS1/PS2 library so I bet you'll find more.

Yeah man! Same here. Every time i think my list is complete i stumble across a couple more games. Especially for PS1 and PS2. Those systems just seem to have endless amounts of hidden gems.

I think after i finish those personal sets i am gonna start going for NES games. I have like 10 and that needs to change. 

gamevaluenow

Mar 8, 2016 at 5:29:43 PM
NintenDarr (11)
(Ryan ) < El Ripper >
Connecticut
NES CIB Black Boxes with unpunched hang tabs. sigh

Got hangtab black boxes in nice condition? PM me!

https://www.twitch.tv/grind_y0ur_...
Come watch and follow the channel! Much appreciated!