Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The Ebay/Gamestop/Craiglist/Amazon/Goodwill/etc rant thread. Do you have a problem with Ebay/Gamestop/Craiglist/Amazon/etc? Do you wanna vent about it? Heres your thread to do so.

Apr 23 at 8:52:24 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: Dragonight
Why does Ebay allow this to happen?
Even if they cared, there's not much point. They pull one down and five more pop up.

Apr 23 at 9:24:37 PM
Dragonight (3)
(Keith Williams) < Crack Trooper >
Louisiana
I was bored earlier and was looking up sold SNES games and every 5th one was a reproduction or a multi cartridge. They even say reproduction or repro in the title. It's completely out of control. Feels like a swapmeet lol. So sad that I just noticed it today. So from now on I guess if there is no picture of the board I'm not going to buy.

Apr 24 at 10:05:46 AM
Bonanza125 (600)

(Brian Bangert) < Lolo Lord >
California

I was bored earlier and was looking up sold SNES games and every 5th one was a reproduction or a multi cartridge. They even say reproduction or repro in the title. It's completely out of control. Feels like a swapmeet lol. So sad that I just noticed it today. So from now on I guess if there is no picture of the board I'm not going to buy.

This is one of many reasons why Ebay is going downhill. It has been happening for years now. Ebay doesn't police it at all. Now that you know this is happening on Ebay you ask for photos. If you go to advance search and say US only that would help get rid of a lot of reproductions in your search.

Apr 24 at 10:07:12 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: Bonanza125

This is one of many reasons why Ebay is going downhill. It has been happening for years now. Ebay doesn't police it at all. Now that you know this is happening on Ebay you ask for photos. If you go to advance search and say US only that would help get rid of a lot of reproductions in your search.

US Only is fairly restrictive, I opt for North America when narrowing my searches.  There's lots of legit NTSC games coming out of Canada that you wouldn't want to exclude. 

-------------------------
WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

May 17 at 10:56:48 AM
Bonanza125 (600)

California
Thought I share this experience to warn people about Paypal and shipping label purchases. I purchased a Parcel ground shipping label by mistake for a transaction and was suppose to click Priority Mail. I voided the Parcel Ground and went with Priority Mail. Come to find out through Paypal Customer Service that they don't give refunds on shipping label cancellations. They still charge for it. This makes no sense.

May 17 at 11:08:59 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland

Thought I share this experience to warn people about Paypal and shipping label purchases. I purchased a Parcel ground shipping label by mistake for a transaction and was suppose to click Priority Mail. I voided the Parcel Ground and went with Priority Mail. Come to find out through Paypal Customer Service that they don't give refunds on shipping label cancellations. They still charge for it. This makes no sense.
That doesn't sound accurate, I've voided labels in the past and have been refunded.  Unless they just changed policy?

I will say that the refund lags awhile, generally 7-10 business days.  They want to make sure that you didn't still use the label and ship.  So they make you wait awhile, make sure the label doesn't get scanned, and then issue the refund. 

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

May 17 at 11:22:25 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
VGD (465)
(RL ) < Wiz's Mom >
Michigan
Originally posted by: jonebone

That doesn't sound accurate, I've voided labels in the past and have been refunded.  Unless they just changed policy?

I will say that the refund lags awhile, generally 7-10 business days.  They want to make sure that you didn't still use the label and ship.  So they make you wait awhile, make sure the label doesn't get scanned, and then issue the refund. 

Yeah, same experience as jone...unless something just changed. I voided one last month and got a refund a week later.

May 17 at 11:34:09 AM
Bonanza125 (600)

California
Originally posted by: jonebone

I am going to talk to Ebay again and get somebody new on the line. The last person told me that it's a Paypal issue and I have to talk to Paypal. Paypal tells me no refunds are given on cancellations. I do agree I will wait to see if any refund just comes about but I wouldn't be surprised if Paypal made another change. They aren't giving refunds on Paypal fees if somebody returns items or refunds money so I would agree that this could be another change. 

May 17 at 12:03:11 PM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
A few weeks ago, I ordered a video game soundtrack. The next day it was listed as "shipped," but no tracking number (big red flag in my opinion). After the expected delivery date came and went (more than 2 weeks had gone by), I decided to mark the item as not received. When doing this, I had the option to select either "refund" or "I still want the item." I selected that I still wanted the item. In the message area, I said to please ship the item and provide tracking number. At this point, I'm still not angry. The seller averages 20,000 sales a month and I get that people make mistakes. Basically, if they can send me the item, I still want it, and if they can't, then give me my money back. No big deal.

The next day, I get an email saying that I've been refunded my money. I figured they couldn't locate the item. Then, 10 minutes later, I get a tracking number for the item. It's set to arrive on Monday. It's weird. If I get the item, I don't want a refund. It sucks I've had to wait so long, but I'll be happy if I get it. I guess when your sales are that high on a monthly basis, it's probably difficult to keep track of everything. They should be pulling in enough money to cover mistakes like this.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

May 19 at 8:24:12 AM
snes_collector (86)
(Jordan ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
Is there anyway to leave feedback on a seller who cancels a transaction? I had a seller cancel a translation on me before I could pay, and will not respond to my messages about why the cancellation occurred. On ebay it doesn't state a reason, just "seller has cancelled the transaction." I've been buying on ebay for years and never had this occur. I made an offer on an item and I only assume they received a better one after accepting mine.

May 19 at 11:33:25 AM
Nes Gangsta (90)
< Meka Chicken >
New York
Originally posted by: snes_collector

Is there anyway to leave feedback on a seller who cancels a transaction? I had a seller cancel a translation on me before I could pay, and will not respond to my messages about why the cancellation occurred. On ebay it doesn't state a reason, just "seller has cancelled the transaction." I've been buying on ebay for years and never had this occur. I made an offer on an item and I only assume they received a better one after accepting mine.

You can still neg them, go to your purchase history and find the cancelled transaction-should be at the bottom of the page. I had 2 scumbag sellers do this just in the past 3 days to relist the same exact auctions.

May 20 at 5:44:51 PM
snes_collector (86)
Virginia
I'm seeing the cancelled transaction, but it isn't giving me the option to leave any feedback. When I click the order is just says "the seller cancelled your order." Could I have accidentally cancelled it on my end? I never received any emails about the cancellation and there is no way I could have done it unless I hit the cancel button by accident while looking on my phone (and isn't it two step confirmation anyway?) The seller has not relisted the item

May 20 at 6:43:08 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

I'm seeing the cancelled transaction, but it isn't giving me the option to leave any feedback. When I click the order is just says "the seller cancelled your order." Could I have accidentally cancelled it on my end? I never received any emails about the cancellation and there is no way I could have done it unless I hit the cancel button by accident while looking on my phone (and isn't it two step confirmation anyway?) The seller has not relisted the item

I don't think you get that option every time, especially if the seller has a store and cancels it for being "out of stock".

May 20 at 9:29:06 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California

try going to this link and see if the item shows up there

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/leave_feedback

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

May 23 at 5:59:39 PM
snes_collector (86)
Virginia
Originally posted by: Lincoln

Thanks a ton!- that allowed me to leave the appropriate feedback.

Jun 05 at 2:57:03 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
VGD (465)
(RL ) < Wiz's Mom >
Michigan
My returns/claims in the past 3 months have exceeded the total amount of claims I probably had in the past 5 years. Its getting ridiculous.

Is there any way to fight the EBAY auto NAD returns that people are doing now so they get an automatic free return?

My last one was an incomplete board game. I literally wrote incomplete i n the title, description and noted exactly what was missing. Buyer claims they didnt know it was incomplete and I didnt mention it anywhere. Such a liar and Ill get get stuck with the return shipping because they are an idiot.

Similar story one one before that. bought a computer part without checking compatibility on their computer. item worked fine but not for them because they had no clue what they were buying.

Just had a Paypal dispute where they tried to go through the CC company. The item had been delivered so I won that one. I am some kind of special paypal seller tier where they didnt even withhold the money so that was cool.

Jun 12 at 8:56:39 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: VGD

My returns/claims in the past 3 months have exceeded the total amount of claims I probably had in the past 5 years. Its getting ridiculous.

Is there any way to fight the EBAY auto NAD returns that people are doing now so they get an automatic free return?

My last one was an incomplete board game. I literally wrote incomplete i n the title, description and noted exactly what was missing. Buyer claims they didnt know it was incomplete and I didnt mention it anywhere. Such a liar and Ill get get stuck with the return shipping because they are an idiot.

Similar story one one before that. bought a computer part without checking compatibility on their computer. item worked fine but not for them because they had no clue what they were buying.

Just had a Paypal dispute where they tried to go through the CC company. The item had been delivered so I won that one. I am some kind of special paypal seller tier where they didnt even withhold the money so that was cool.

I sold a sealed ps2 demo. It was like 6-7 bucks. Its pictured with the words DEMO DISC on it. Its in the title. Its in the description. Its everywhere. Buyer opens a free return saying they thought it was the real game. Its worse that they return cheap items. I lose money and have to sell it now just to make it back. The auto accepting is the problem . Why does it have to be this way. They act like they need to streamline returns but that isnt helpful at all. They arent a 1 size fits all. I should be able to talk to a buyer incase something is fixable or a mistake on their end first to avoid a return.

Since the site changed policy  I get more returns now than ever too.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 06/12/2019 at 08:57 PM by quest4nes

Jun 12 at 9:25:40 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
VGD (465)
(RL ) < Wiz's Mom >
Michigan
Originally posted by: quest4nes

Originally posted by: VGD

I sold a sealed ps2 demo. It was like 6-7 bucks. Its pictured with the words DEMO DISC on it. Its in the title. Its in the description. Its everywhere. Buyer opens a free return saying they thought it was the real game. Its worse that they return cheap items. I lose money and have to sell it now just to make it back. The auto accepting is the problem . Why does it have to be this way. They act like they need to streamline returns but that isnt helpful at all. They arent a 1 size fits all. I should be able to talk to a buyer incase something is fixable or a mistake on their end first to avoid a return.

Since the site changed policy  I get more returns now than ever too.

I just had another one a half hour ago where the buyer didnt read anything or look at the photos. Started an auto return. I asked them to cancel and id refund as i didnt want the opened (devalued) item back and pay for the return. f'ing annoying.

Jun 12 at 10:57:49 PM
broncofantd793 (37)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
Currently attempting to stamp out a switch-a-roo attempt by an eBay buyer with 1 feedback. It's only a DK64 cartridge, but I won't give up on the principle.

Jun 18 at 11:23:46 AM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: Lincoln

Thanks. Just had a seller refund a full (and high) priced BIN because they decided they didn't want to sell it  

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Jun 26 at 10:54:52 AM
ap123 (65)
(Andrew P) < Meka Chicken >
New York
Ordered Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night from Best Buy yesterday. Added it to my cart and it automatically added the free accompanying steel book. Nice! Selected free shipping with an ETA of Friday and checked out. Received 2 notifications from BB this morning.
1 - "Your game has shipped and will be with you by EOD Friday." So far so good.
2 - "Your steel book is ready for collection at your local store."
Thanks, Best Buy!

Jul 01 at 12:59:20 PM
A_Feisty_Pickle (6)

(Jeremy ) < Crack Trooper >
Arkansas
eBay is now charging ~10% tax in Arkansas as of today.   Not really their fault, but now it's even more expensive to collect.

Jul 01 at 1:20:28 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: ap123

Ordered Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night from Best Buy yesterday. Added it to my cart and it automatically added the free accompanying steel book. Nice! Selected free shipping with an ETA of Friday and checked out. Received 2 notifications from BB this morning.
1 - "Your game has shipped and will be with you by EOD Friday." So far so good.
2 - "Your steel book is ready for collection at your local store."
Thanks, Best Buy!

Yeah, you have to double-check that during checkout on their site.   Almost did the exact same thing when grabbing Let's Go Eevee plus steelbook.

Jul 01 at 1:25:27 PM
Gutling (133)

< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Lol I have done that same thing. My closest best buy is almost an hour from me. I have been more careful after that.

Jul 07 at 12:15:50 PM
Darth Vader (84)
(Tony Scarlato) < El Ripper >
Illinois
What in the ever loving fuck! I listed a NES Manual on ebay in the middle of listing some cartridges. I forgot to change the category from video games to manuals, inserts, & box art. No warning and WHAM, I'm slapped with a 3 day suspension. Fucking stupid! Oh, but no problems for you Johnny Game Bootlegger. Continue to sell fake illegal copies of games on ebay as much as you want and have a wonderful day.

Also, while I'm already heated. If you're selling a CIB on ebay:

1) Take more than 2 fucking pictures asshole
2) Take the fucking box out of the box protector so I can see the condition
3) No, that isn't mint condition

Ok, rant over.