Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

WCG Ultimate Gamer on SciFi

Apr 28, 2009 at 11:46:39 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Anyone else follow this? I didn't want to like it, but I got caught up in I think the third episode. My wife and I wanted to watch because they were doing DDR Universe and we thought they'd feature the games more. It was a lot of reality-show crap but the gamers were actually pretty talented to watch. I wish there was a little exhibition worked into each episode so we could see some reigning champs from outside the house come in and display skills, show what top-level stuff is like.

But anyways, there were some good personalities to watch. The finale tonight was actually very close and a good show. More gaming than crap, and a good gauntlet of games.

If they do a season 2, I'd be happy if they had more gaming and less boring nerd drama Pro gamers by nature aren't social beings, preferring to hone their interaction with/through machines. It was fun to see them win and lose, but beyond that, I don't want to bond with their non-alliances and backroom trash talk that ultimately doesn't matter one iota.

-------------------------