Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The Ebay/Gamestop/Craiglist/Amazon/Goodwill/etc rant thread. Do you have a problem with Ebay/Gamestop/Craiglist/Amazon/etc? Do you wanna vent about it? Heres your thread to do so.

Jul 07 at 12:44:05 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: Darth Vader

I forgot to change the category from video games to manuals, inserts, & box art. No warning and WHAM, I'm slapped with a 3 day suspension. 
Oof! No recourse?

Jul 07 at 12:46:47 PM
Darth Vader (84)
(Tony Scarlato) < El Ripper >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Tulpa

Originally posted by: Darth Vader

I forgot to change the category from video games to manuals, inserts, & box art. No warning and WHAM, I'm slapped with a 3 day suspension. 
Oof! No recourse?

I had to call customer service. They said they would give me a one time pass. I asked why they don't give a warning and she said they just don't, next time be more careful. I think that's pretty ridiculous. Petty ass shit!

-------------------------

Jul 07 at 6:11:15 PM
kguillemette (13)

(Kyle Guillemette) < Meka Chicken >
New Hampshire
The manager at a local gamestop let me have the mario maker 2 poster. 😃

FT/FS list  â€‹â€‹â€‹http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Gamecube needs list â€‹http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jul 11 at 2:50:48 AM
Fryer64 (45)
(Ryley C) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Not a GameStop or eBay thing per-say but I walked into a game store that recently reopened with new ownership and the organization makes no sense. The newer stuff is in the back, the old ps2/Xbox stuff has the prime real estate in the actual store.

Just kinda shocked me a bit that this would be the first shelf you see when you walk in. Mind you, I love me some Albert pujols but there is no way I would consider buying a 10+ year old sports game. I'm almost thinking that the owner may not have actually set this up him/herself as on the right shelf as you walk in is old ps2 games which are probably 75% sports games, and to the left is a VHS section.

Puzzling considering the placement of the modern stuff tucked away in the back.

Jul 11 at 8:59:12 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Fryer64

Not a GameStop or eBay thing per-say but I walked into a game store that recently reopened with new ownership and the organization makes no sense. The newer stuff is in the back, the old ps2/Xbox stuff has the prime real estate in the actual store. Just kinda shocked me a bit that this would be the first shelf you see when you walk in. Mind you, I love me some Albert pujols but there is no way I would consider buying a 10+ year old sports game. I'm almost thinking that the owner may not have actually set this up him/herself as on the right shelf as you walk in is old ps2 games which are probably 75% sports games, and to the left is a VHS section. Puzzling considering the placement of the modern stuff tucked away in the back.

Maybe they're thinking of theft?   If you have the good stuff set out in the front near the door, easy to snatch and run.

Plus nobody cares if NHL 2K6 is sunfaded to death.

Jul 12 at 11:59:00 AM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Not a GameStop or eBay thing per-say but I walked into a game store that recently reopened with new ownership and the organization makes no sense. The newer stuff is in the back, the old ps2/Xbox stuff has the prime real estate in the actual store. Just kinda shocked me a bit that this would be the first shelf you see when you walk in. Mind you, I love me some Albert pujols but there is no way I would consider buying a 10+ year old sports game. I'm almost thinking that the owner may not have actually set this up him/herself as on the right shelf as you walk in is old ps2 games which are probably 75% sports games, and to the left is a VHS section. Puzzling considering the placement of the modern stuff tucked away in the back.

Maybe they're thinking of theft?   If you have the good stuff set out in the front near the door, easy to snatch and run.

Working at a gamestore, I would say that's probably the case.

It's easy to fall into getting a surplus of stuff that don't move, so you put it in the front where people will spot it more (were it would probably sell better), would likely steal it, and it would get sunfaded, whilst all the good stuff is in the back.

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Edited: 07/12/2019 at 11:59 AM by BouncekDeLemos

Jul 12 at 8:56:10 PM
Fryer64 (45)
United States
Originally posted by: BouncekDeLemos

Working at a gamestore, I would say that's probably the case.

It's easy to fall into getting a surplus of stuff that don't move, so you put it in the front where people will spot it more (were it would probably sell better), would likely steal it, and it would get sunfaded, whilst all the good stuff is in the back.

The crazy thing is it's in a good part of town. I don't know how much theft there is of Manuals and games without discs. I mean, i could see that being a problem. The windows do have some tint in them and this isnt really a "collector" kinda store. They mostly involve themselves with new stuff. Although I could also see putting those games in front in an attempt to get rid of them. I cant see those madden games moving very fast.

My guess is either inexperience or inventory issues, they have run quite a few sales lately and they are in desperate need for stock lol. Those arcade 1up machines only go so far  . (Not a jab at the machines just they seem to have loads of them)

Edited: 07/14/2019 at 10:26 PM by Fryer64

Aug 07 at 2:04:04 AM
austin532 (91)
(Mike ) < El Ripper >
Arizona
Am I being scammed here? Long story short I bought a game off ebay. It didn't have the usual USPS tracking label on it but instead a crap load of stamps which was odd. I open it and it wasn't as described. I tell the seller and he says it was like that before and that you can see the damage in the pics. While you might be able to see some if you look really hard, the seller told me it was fine when I asked him before I bought it.

So I send the game back for a refund and keep track of it. So far so good, says it's out for delivery today until this afternoon where it now says FORWARDED: Your item was forwarded to a different address at 12:15 pm on August 6, 2019 in GUILFORD, CT. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect.

Maybe I'm wrong here but I feel like the seller is trying to send to package somewhere else or send it back to me so it doesn't show up as delivered meaning he doesn't have to give me a refund...

My Ultimate 100% CIB NES Collector's Guide
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

NES, SNES, + misc. stuff for sale here

Aug 07 at 12:02:26 PM
WhyNotZoidberg (5)
(Julien ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
First time I sell on ebay. The buyer takes 4 days to ask for a cancellation for some BS reason which isn't true, I comply nonetheless. Now I've been waiting 2 days for him to accept the cancellation. wtf. I guess this is more about a shitty buyer than about ebay.

Aug 10 at 6:06:41 PM
Bonanza125 (600)

(Brian Bangert) < Lolo Lord >
California
Originally posted by: austin532

Am I being scammed here? Long story short I bought a game off ebay. It didn't have the usual USPS tracking label on it but instead a crap load of stamps which was odd. I open it and it wasn't as described. I tell the seller and he says it was like that before and that you can see the damage in the pics. While you might be able to see some if you look really hard, the seller told me it was fine when I asked him before I bought it.

So I send the game back for a refund and keep track of it. So far so good, says it's out for delivery today until this afternoon where it now says FORWARDED: Your item was forwarded to a different address at 12:15 pm on August 6, 2019 in GUILFORD, CT. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect.

Maybe I'm wrong here but I feel like the seller is trying to send to package somewhere else or send it back to me so it doesn't show up as delivered meaning he doesn't have to give me a refund...

If you call Ebay they can investigation that. I've had that done to me before on the buying and selling end. What landed up happening in both situations is the person was in the process of a move. Both requested return to sender. If in your situation it gets sent to a forwarding address Ebay will find out that the seller requested it.

Aug 10 at 6:13:02 PM
Bonanza125 (600)

California
Originally posted by: WhyNotZoidberg

First time I sell on ebay. The buyer takes 4 days to ask for a cancellation for some BS reason which isn't true, I comply nonetheless. Now I've been waiting 2 days for him to accept the cancellation. wtf. I guess this is more about a shitty buyer than about ebay.
If the buyer doesn't respond in 7 days Ebay automatically refunds you the fees and offically cancels the transaction.

Aug 20 at 2:09:46 PM
A_Feisty_Pickle (6)

(Jeremy ) < Crack Trooper >
Arkansas
Just had a buyer initiate a refund request through PayPal because the PS1 demo disc I sold them says "not for resale" so they think they should get it free. I guess I think I'm more amused than upset. I doubt he'll ship it back but if so I'll be out like $10 between shipping there and back.

Aug 20 at 2:11:45 PM
greenshoots (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
That's incredible. I wonder if I can buy a $500 N64 NFR cartridge and expect to receive it for free?

Aug 20 at 2:36:24 PM
Scrobins09 (8)
(Sean ) < Eggplant Wizard >
District of Columbia
Only one way to find out.

Sep 02 at 4:26:04 AM
Fryer64 (45)
United States
Pretty sure this is an arcade 1up. I guess the pacman is a bit more expansive, but $700?? Nooo way

https://lincoln.craigslist.org/vg...

Edited: 09/02/2019 at 04:27 AM by Fryer64

Sep 16 at 9:10:38 PM
austin532 (91)
(Mike ) < El Ripper >
Arizona
Is it safe to assume that if a seller doesn't respond to any questions or offers after several months that they kicked the bucket? I would just buy the game but I feel like it is going to be a waste of time as they will never ship it out and you will have to wait to get a refund back.

My Ultimate 100% CIB NES Collector's Guide

NES, SNES, + misc. stuff for sale here

Sep 16 at 9:22:02 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
Random rant but there was an ewaste recycler with a storefront here my buddy and I would hit up for random junk. I got a neat Sony 13 in crt from the 70s, a svhs deck, laserdiscs, and lots of random cords and pieces. They closed for remodeling in December and have finally admitted it's not going to reopen. Super frustrating losing such a neat place to what I'm strongly guessing is incompetence. Everything they had to sell came to them for free and it was always busy there. How not make that work?

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Sep 16 at 9:33:57 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

Is it safe to assume that if a seller doesn't respond to any questions or offers after several months that they kicked the bucket? I would just buy the game but I feel like it is going to be a waste of time as they will never ship it out and you will have to wait to get a refund back.

No, they may just not respond to people at all.

I did have a seller die on me once.  It was an auction for a computer game, it hadn't shipped, and I got an email from one of his nephews mentioning that he passed away.   I dug up the obit; turns out he died during the week the auction was going.

Sep 16 at 9:44:25 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California

No, they may just not respond to people at all.

I did have a seller die on me once.  It was an auction for a computer game, it hadn't shipped, and I got an email from one of his nephews mentioning that he passed away.   I dug up the obit; turns out he died during the week the auction was going.

I had one case where i'm 95% sure the seller got arrested and locked up between starting an auction and me winning it. there was zero contact from him and one of the other items sold at the same time earned him a neg (long ago, when that was possible). i think jonebone was actually the winner on that one. 

anyway i googled the name on his paypal account and i found a couple news blips for that name and the right state about a drug arrest around the right time. i'm pretty sure that was him. 

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Sep 18 at 10:28:22 AM
Scrobins09 (8)
(Sean ) < Eggplant Wizard >
District of Columbia
Ordered a manual to a Sega CD game and it finally arrived yesterday. It had some water stains, but given how old it is it's not surprising to have a little damage like that. But then the smell hit me. This wasn't a water stain, it was cat piss.

Sep 20 at 12:45:24 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
Fucking PayPal. This may not be news to many but it is to me.

"Earlier this year, we notified you that we were updating our User Agreement to change our refund policy. We want to let you know that the policy change is going into effect beginning on October 11, 2019.

In line with industry practice and according to our updated policy, we will not charge a fee to process refunds, but the fees from the original transaction will not be returned. This policy will not apply to duplicate transactions, voids and most disputed transactions. You can review the PayPal User Agreement for more information on our return policies."

Oct 01 at 1:44:29 AM
Skorp (39)
(Bryan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Well it is official. We have to pay tax on eBay now in Texas. RIP.

Help complete my N64 NFR With Minty Back Sticker set. Only need two more:
              Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros!
Want to Buy/Want to Trade For Thread|For Sale/Offer Thread

Oct 05 at 10:04:19 PM
omarchafa (12)
(Julio Castrejon) < Eggplant Wizard >
California
Originally posted by: Skorp

This is stupid. I have to pay taxes on California at Ebay too. I just doesn't make sense at all. Why do we need to pay taxes on used items or items that were already taxed in the first place? Why do you have to pay taxes from a common seller who isn't a merchant now? What's worse that if you import from any country you have pay the full state taxes on that item as if you actually purchased it here in the states. What kind of BS is this?

So much for saving money on buying used products.

"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa

Oct 06 at 2:04:18 PM
Bonanza125 (600)

California
Originally posted by: omarchafa

Originally posted by: Skorp

This is stupid. I have to pay taxes on California at Ebay too. I just doesn't make sense at all. Why do we need to pay taxes on used items or items that were already taxed in the first place? Why do you have to pay taxes from a common seller who isn't a merchant now? What's worse that if you import from any country you have pay the full state taxes on that item as if you actually purchased it here in the states. What kind of BS is this?

So much for saving money on buying used products.

The state for years didn't get any money off your transaction out of state. If you would've purchased the same item locally at a store you would've been charged state tax. Ebay is not a common seller it is a business. This isn't like a yard sale or swap meet.

Oct 11 at 1:32:50 AM
wyansas (22)
< Little Mac >
California
It's not worth it to use eBay anymore with the new over 10% tax in California. Grrrrrrrrr