Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Action 52 Sample/Prototype ?

Jul 16, 2014 at 1:01:03 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Oh God, please mods let this thread go on for a bit. *MJ Popcorn GIF*

-------------------------

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Jul 16, 2014 at 1:12:18 AM
CD2193 (6)

< Meka Chicken >
Texas
Originally posted by: schoolboy2000us

When you own one, then you can tell others what it's worth, until then, don't lowball or make any type of judgements or claims based on what "you" would pay for it (...)

I have a ultra super duper rarezorz Famicom prototype of A Week of Garfield. It is worth $100,000 because I say it is! Why? Because I own it!

Edited: 07/16/2014 at 01:14 AM by CD2193

Jul 16, 2014 at 1:15:34 AM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan

"This is actually pretty funny.  Those first two links were indeed his listings (or his brothers). "

If they were his, his collection would be worth more than $60,000, either you don't have your facts straight, or he was exaggerating. If they were his brothers, then tell him there's an Action 52 Prototype for sale, only $100k. Either way, Action 52 Prototype is worth $100k and as soon as I can afford it, that's what I'll pay. The key part being not being able to afford it "at this time". Anyone want to finance it for me ? No interest ?

When you own one, then you can tell others what it's worth, until then, don't lowball or make any type of judgements or claims based on what "you" would pay for it since you obviously don't have $100k to burn on a rare prototype and would JUMP on the chance to own it if you could, don't lie. If you get this poor guy to sell it for $10,000 or some other lowball stupid offer you stand to make a fortune off of him. Mogen32, don't do it !

SB2K

Me, and many others on this forum, PROMISE you that they belong to him. You sound so ridiculous at this point it's absurd.

I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Jul 16, 2014 at 1:26:55 AM
CD2193 (6)

< Meka Chicken >
Texas
Anyone else find it a bit odd that this thread is the thread that made schoolboy decide to break his apparently almost 2 years of lurking? And all just to encourage a brand new user to sell his game for an insane amount of money despite apparently wanting to buy it himself...?

Edited: 07/16/2014 at 01:27 AM by CD2193

Jul 16, 2014 at 6:52:01 AM
theEHteam (1)

< Little Mac >
Originally posted by: CD2193

Anyone else find it a bit odd that this thread is the thread that made schoolboy decide to break his apparently almost 2 years of lurking? And all just to encourage a brand new user to sell his game for an insane amount of money despite apparently wanting to buy it himself...?

This.

Jul 16, 2014 at 7:40:24 AM
skylersz (89)
(Skyler S) < Lolo Lord >
Other
I have no idea how many exist.

Schoolboy, how much do you have at the moment? I would settle for a bit less than 100k. Let's do a deal. Paypal only and I am in Australia, I would be happy to fly to the US and deliver it in person but I would need payment in advance. Gift is preferred but not essential.

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:13:43 PM
Mogen32 (0)

< Cherub >
Alabama
Hey again,
Thanks to everyone for the confirmation that it's really a proto, and for the additional information I didn't know about !
I'm really really lucky, the 2 others owners are strongly related to the game, I'm not !

Skylersz : do you own a 4th copy of the game ? or it's the one from Greg Pabich or the develloper ?

Nes_pimp : Well i bought a huge pile of Mastersystem video games in a seconhand market, at least 6-7 years ago, in France. As I bought the pile for the Sega games and never had a NES, I didn't really search infomation over this mysterious game until a few days...

I'm considering selling it but i'll need time to see how and when

Still trying to find a NES to take some picture of the game...

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:38:02 AM
schoolboy2000us (0)

(John Scwaryz) < Cherub >
Florida
Great find ! Don't settle for a quick sale, hold out for the real $$$, it'll be worth it. If you do settle for a quick sale for some lowball offer like these jokersr are trying to get you to believe, then PM me and I'll beat ANY of their offers by $250.

SB2K

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:46:25 AM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States

Great find ! Don't settle for a quick sale, hold out for the real $$$, it'll be worth it. If you do settle for a quick sale for some lowball offer like these jokersr are trying to get you to believe, then PM me and I'll beat ANY of their offers by $250.

SB2K

I'll offer publicly $20k... As the great MJ would say, "Just beat it!"

FS/FT/FO: Nintendo Handhelds, Demos/NFRs, Development Equipment, Prototypes, and more http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...
Always looking to buy Nintendo Not For Resale titles, Promo items, Development/Test Equipment, and Nintendo Platform Prototypes.

Jul 17, 2014 at 10:25:40 AM
cocole (3)
(o Y o) < Little Mac >
France
Originally posted by: JaxsBox

SB2K

I'll offer publicly $20k... As the great MJ would say, "Just beat it!"

My game & watch collection.

Jul 17, 2014 at 12:41:28 PM
skylersz (89)
(Skyler S) < Lolo Lord >
Other
Originally posted by: Mogen32

Hey again,
Thanks to everyone for the confirmation that it's really a proto, and for the additional information I didn't know about !
I'm really really lucky, the 2 others owners are strongly related to the game, I'm not !

Skylersz : do you own a 4th copy of the game ? or it's the one from Greg Pabich or the develloper ?

Nes_pimp : Well i bought a huge pile of Mastersystem video games in a seconhand market, at least 6-7 years ago, in France. As I bought the pile for the Sega games and never had a NES, I didn't really search infomation over this mysterious game until a few days...

Hey Mogen32, I haven't really followed the whole A52 Greg Cabbage Patch Kid Saga but even though I don't know how many actually exist all up, I can safely say it is more than 4.

Schoolboy, can you beat 20k? It is no where near 100k but as I said, I am happy to be flexible.

Jul 17, 2014 at 1:41:39 PM
schoolboy2000us (0)

Florida
If you were "remotely" serious you'd be proving my point that it's not worth a "lilttle" money but a LOT. And if $20k is NOT a LOT to you then I have a few things for sale as well. Make up your mind, either it is, or it's not, it can't be both. If you are serious, then I'd say, that's a "serious" offer and tell Mogen32 to consider it, but, we both know it's not. If it is, put your money where your mouth is, I know you won't.

SB2K

Jul 17, 2014 at 2:00:01 PM
CD2193 (6)

< Meka Chicken >
Texas

If you were "remotely" serious you'd be proving my point that it's not worth a "lilttle" money but a LOT. And if $20k is NOT a LOT to you then I have a few things for sale as well. Make up your mind, either it is, or it's not, it can't be both. If you are serious, then I'd say, that's a "serious" offer and tell Mogen32 to consider it, but, we both know it's not. If it is, put your money where your mouth is, I know you won't.

SB2K
OK, 20k is still too much. However it is 1/5th of 100k. Earlier you implied that 60k was too low, but now 20k is serious? Come on, at least try to stick to one line of BS.

Jul 17, 2014 at 2:14:22 PM
skylersz (89)
(Skyler S) < Lolo Lord >
Other

SB2K
Who is that directed at? What is happening? I don't even know if Mogen32 is selling, I am however. 

Do you think if I accept 20k that I would be doing myself out of a lot of money? 100k seems way too high, but 20k is still a lot to me. So let me know.

Thanks

Jul 17, 2014 at 2:36:31 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States

SB2K

You're so cute!

FS/FT/FO: Nintendo Handhelds, Demos/NFRs, Development Equipment, Prototypes, and more http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...
Always looking to buy Nintendo Not For Resale titles, Promo items, Development/Test Equipment, and Nintendo Platform Prototypes.

Jul 17, 2014 at 3:00:36 PM
schoolboy2000us (0)

Florida
Hi Skyler,

You don't have a prototype so why waste forum space ? That's obviously photoshopped

Yes, $20k is a "serious" offer, it can buy a car, a boat, pay for the kids college tuition. the mortgage, etc. $100k is more and better, obviously. All I'm saying is that $500 won't cut it, neither will $2,000 or even $5,000, for that I'd hold on to it. And if you're holding on to it, then might as well ask $100k for it. I've seen things sell for WAAAAAHHHAYYY more than $100k that isn't worht 5 cents to me personally, ie:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008...

Now, that's crazy. On second thought, maybe Mogen should ask a cool Million.

SB2K

Jul 17, 2014 at 3:27:21 PM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland
Originally posted by: Mogen32

Hey again,

You mean you bought it in France?!
Now I think of it, I know there are some copies that have been sold in Switzerland... I guess I know what to hunt for now

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:39:54 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
I don't think he's a troll...who signs up and waits two years to troll? I think he probably owns a copy and is desperately trying to convince people it's worth about 75 times more than it actually is, and maybe that's being generous.

Jul 17, 2014 at 10:45:06 PM
schoolboy2000us (0)

Florida
I wish I had:

1) A copy of that prototype

Or

2) Enough money to buy it

I have neither but am confident that I am entitled to my own opinion, free country and all.

So by 75 times more than what it's worth, you mean 100k / 75 times = about $1,300 so worth less than a copy of Cheetahmen II ? Now who's talking crazy ?

Mogen32, don't sell it on the forums or to any of these guys. Put it up for auction, eBay, Sotheby's, etc. and have it VGA graded. Since you haven't already tried playing it, I'd also recommend being careful trying to play it, may brick it, scratch it, etc. Good luck, send me a picture of you in your new Porsche or Lexus (Whatever your tastes are) when you do sell it for the "RIGHT" price.

SB2K

Jul 17, 2014 at 10:50:13 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
lmao, I can't stop watching this thread

In my mind, schoolboy2000us is the chef at "Amy's Baking Company".

Jul 17, 2014 at 11:10:08 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
Schoolboy could argue with chef ramsey over how to cook.

Jul 17, 2014 at 11:23:23 PM
CD2193 (6)

< Meka Chicken >
Texas
Originally posted by: ExplodedHamster

I don't think he's a troll...who signs up and waits two years to troll? I think he probably owns a copy and is desperately trying to convince people it's worth about 75 times more than it actually is, and maybe that's being generous.

I genuinely have my suspicions that it is Greg Pabich himself. Not even joking.

Jul 17, 2014 at 11:31:51 PM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
Originally posted by: CD2193

Originally posted by: ExplodedHamster

I genuinely have my suspicions that it is Greg Pabich himself. Not even joking.
I THOUGHT THAT MYSELF BUT I DON'T THINK IT IS HIM, THERE IS SOMETHING DIFFERENT ABOUT THE WRITING STYLE BUT I CAN'T PUT MY FINGER ON WHAT IT IS. WHOEVER HE IS HE MUST HAVE FOUND HIMSELF SOME QUALITY HERB TODAY CUZ HE IS TALKING SOME CRAZY SHIT.

Jul 18, 2014 at 5:01:51 AM
skylersz (89)
(Skyler S) < Lolo Lord >
Other

Hi Skyler,

You don't have a prototype so why waste forum space ? That's obviously photoshopped

Yes, $20k is a "serious" offer, it can buy a car, a boat, pay for the kids college tuition. the mortgage, etc. $100k is more and better, obviously. All I'm saying is that $500 won't cut it, neither will $2,000 or even $5,000, for that I'd hold on to it. And if you're holding on to it, then might as well ask $100k for it. I've seen things sell for WAAAAAHHHAYYY more than $100k that isn't worht 5 cents to me personally, ie:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/08/03/arkansas-man-buys-ba...

Now, that's crazy. On second thought, maybe Mogen should ask a cool Million.

SB2K

Hey schoolboy, may I call you schoolboy? The only photoshop in my pic is the watermark. It's ok if you don't believe me
Just half out the door, running late for a party (it's gonna be a monster of a party so I will be brief)

I will just keep my copy and hold out for 100k as per your advice. Good luck in finding one as you seem very passionate about it.

Also, I agree, those Nolan brothers are a joke. As if their collection is any comparison to the examples you have shown. Hell I hear they even DEVALUE the few prototypes they actually own by releasing the DUMP for FREE! What a bunch of wankers, who would do that? I am confident the one I have is different to the other 3 so I am not even going to dump it as a backup (you never know, I hear that can devalue it as well). 

I really do wish you luck in your pursuit with one of these, sounds like you really appreciate what it actually is.
Don't let these jokers tell you otherwise.

Jul 21, 2014 at 2:15:33 AM
shawnphase (9)
(shawn phase) < Lolo Lord >
Western Australia
heres how i feel..this 'game' if you can call it that isnt worth the time invested to read this thread, much less write it, much less try and assign a value to it, much less the components it was printed into. the maker of this game has inflated its worth when the game itself was worthless from the very start. its the same tired story every time with most of these high dollar items that come about. but let me cut to the chase. you can buy a whole lot of stuff off the dollar menu for $10k. clearly enough to feed multiple tribes (or countries) for $100k. but it doesnt happen. you cant eat and shit out dollars or nintendo carts. though neither can the rest of us when people throw around big sums of money like this instead of putting it back into our economy in any form.

those of you who have this kind of money to make real, but silly offers for stuff like this ought to get right with god instead of caring about your collections, because the world isnt exactly becoming a nicer place, and if you've got that kind of money to waste on horrible, terrible video games, then you've got more dollars than you have sense and ought to consider something that would be a bit more beneficial for you know, people who exist and have hardships instead of your gamer shelf. we all know people like this though i guess affluent, well off people can be quick to forget anybody in their lives at times, and that boils down to whether a person is good or evil whether they do. but hell, if you have money for this crap, fucking DO SOMETHING, do something nice for your family, or your friends, or a total stranger because you happen to look into their eyes and accidentally see the troubled shit they're going through. do it with no expectations. people are blind to it, but its fucking all around you. it seems more and more like most rich people wouldnt piss on one that's destitute if they saw they were on fire. this game means nothing. not in the history of gaming or as a game in and of itself. its defective, and thats putting it nicely.

our world is sadly anchored on a dwindling supply of commerce and funding. and shit like this abomination of gaming furthers any doubt in my mind that THIS is the kind of thing that gives gaming a bad name, because it shows how little selfish people who have the means to help make changes for less fortunate people can care about others. i dont just hate a52, or cheetahmen, or that weirdo that made it, i hate failure. this game was a total failure at a genetic level and the fact that people give a shit about it because it was awful, well, i can think of a ton of awful games that stuck with me much more than any of those action 52 games, i guess the big difference was that nobody is trying to turn those other shitty games into snake oil because there werent less than 1,000 of em made. wisen up guys, stop playing this dumb game with the money and the rare plastic crap. you've got your whole lives ahead of you.

there but for the grace of god go i.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.ph...

http://www.tempsoundsolutions.com... for a whole slew of video game cover music.