(Scott Williams) < Eggplant Wizard >
Arizona
What has more variants?

-------------------------

Feb 19, 2007 at 6:08:44 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
- haven't a clue. I think most people sort of collect one or the other.. not too many people collecting both in a hardcore way I don't think.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Feb 19, 2007 at 6:34:20 PM
tynstar (33)
Arizona
I think the 2600 does but I am not sure. I don't collect variants. I want to actually finish a library. I know Combat for the 260 has 13-15 variants alone. What NES game has the most variants?

Feb 19, 2007 at 7:18:41 PM
BootGod (16)
(Mark Lacey) < Meka Chicken >
Minnesota
Not sure but I'd be willing to bet it's one of the black-box games like Kung-Fu, there is all sorts of little tiny things that changed over time on them.

Feb 19, 2007 at 7:32:38 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
zelda, golf, tyson, common black boxes, stuff like that. Early games that stayed popular and in print during the entire course of the console's life. Probably just as many variations of those as combat, or very close to it.

There's even small variations like copyright dates on the back. I remember seeing two Mike Tyson's white seal variant boxes and I believe one said copyright 1987 and the other said copyright 1987,1989, (I'm talking buried in the fine print on the back of the box) so there are even variants within variants.

If you want to get really stupid there's even sealing variants as some games were sealed more than one way. Some of those black boxes could have as many as three different types of seals although by far the most common one (in a landslide) is the normal horizontal line.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 02/19/2007 at 07:42 PM by Bronty

Feb 19, 2007 at 10:29:00 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Come on now... it's got to be Bible Adventures, that stupid thing has aroudn 20 variations at least!

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Feb 19, 2007 at 11:00:40 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
Combat for VCS has like 20+ variants on its own. You think it gets stupid with NES seal of quality variants, you have NO idea what atari is like. Their copyright variants put every other system to shame. Atari variant craziness absolutely blows NES away, and for a lot of their stuff there seems to be no rhyme or reason (especially 1st party Atari stuff in the Tramiel era) it seems like they just threw whatever they had in whatever boxes were available. Yay for mixing and matching! With NES, there is at least (mostly) some logic to the licensed stuff. Color Dreams though... no way I'm collecting 10 of *any* game just to say "I've got 'em all". Title complete plus major variants (by My definition ) is good enough for me.

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Feb 20, 2007 at 2:15:11 AM
tynstar (33)
Arizona
WOW I didn't realize there was that many Combat variants. I am so glad I don't care about them!

Feb 20, 2007 at 11:09:42 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Braveheart69

Come on now... it's got to be Bible Adventures, that stupid thing has aroudn 20 variations at least!

OK, yeah, probably... I was thinking about box variants but I guess the cart variants are even worse.