Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Dragon Warrior IV "sealed" Let's find out if this is a true Nintendo seal...

Aug 25, 2010 at 4:05:53 PM
Robin Mihara (106)
(Robin Mihara) < Bowser >
Oregon
It's great you have a good attitude about it. Congrats on the flip profit.

-------------------------

www.ecstasyoforder.com...

Aug 25, 2010 at 4:45:51 PM
Retroscribe81 (241)
(Bill H) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: jonebone

Originally posted by: aaronshea80

Originally posted by: linktothepastgaming

Originally posted by: jonebone

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=17053...

This probably would have gone higher if the start bid wasn't so high, but I'm a bit skeptical that this game is "worth" $1-2k in this market. Sold for $500.

The DW CIBs have tanked from their values a year or 18 months ago, maybe the sealeds have responded accordingly.

Yeah, I really expected a bit more.  If I didn't buy so much stuff lately, I would have held out and hoped that the "buying season" would have yielded more $.  I've just been finding deals left and right lately!!!

But, I look at it this way.  I paid what works out to $12.50 for the game.  I just made well over $400 in net profit.

AND - it's in a good home now, I'm glad it went to a NA guy (keeping it private, though).

Man this is going to be slabbed and put back up on ebay within a month with a HUGE price tag.

Exactly.  I'm not going to call him out since plenty of people do that on other boards, but I'm 99.99% sure that this isn't be kept for his collection.  So we don't need to pretend "that we're glad it went to an NA guy" because we're going to see it right back on the bay at some point in time. 

At least he does keep his buying and selling accounts separate so it "appeared" to go to low feedback collector rather than a high feedback reseller.

I just though of this...just curious...how did you know who bought it?  I don't ever recall telling a soul who bought it.  And, from what I understand, only the seller can see who buys an item?

I just hope my eBay account is secure...

Aug 25, 2010 at 4:47:33 PM
Manifesto (42)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Ramon Zamora) < Meka Chicken >
California
Looks legit to me. Nice score.

Aug 25, 2010 at 4:48:41 PM
mcetak8 (100)
(-- Kate --) < Meka Chicken >
Maryland
Originally posted by: linktothepastgaming

I just though of this...just curious...how did you know who bought it?  I don't ever recall telling a soul who bought it.  And, from what I understand, only the seller can see who buys an item?

I just hope my eBay account is secure...

Your eBay account is fine.  It's pretty easy to figure out who buys what.

Aug 27, 2010 at 2:16:24 AM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
Damn I'm seriously impressed. As the man said, stuff like this makes people go to things like pawn shops and garage sales ...throw in swap meet/flea markets too. I get my deals at swap meets around here as they generalize prices and don't bother to check values.