Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The Walking Dead Show and Comics Discussion SPOILERS PRESENT!!!

Oct 25, 2014 at 11:58:35 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
Originally posted by: Roostwick

*whispers* Cawrl! Get in the house, Cawrllll! a;siajw;eoijawe;ij

Awesome

Oct 26, 2014 at 9:34:45 AM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
Originally posted by: deathrock83

Has anyone been reading the current storyline? I am curious to know what you think of where it's heading.

This new group of ppl are crazy, like the hunters. If anything they'll find the nice community , wash up and kill from within

-------------------------

my art stuff: http://punkr13.deviantart.com/...

my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Oct 27, 2014 at 1:26:14 AM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
So this season has been pretty epic.
Tonight's episode the group became all "wild" and can't wait for the next episode regarding Daryl's GF Beth lol jk

Oct 27, 2014 at 8:38:36 PM
Prime2099 (25)

(Matt C.) < El Ripper >
Maryland
I know this season has been closely following the show for this story line, but i was expecting some bad stuff to happen in that church.

Oct 28, 2014 at 10:27:45 AM
ugly_monster (144)
(Jeff Buit) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: punkr13

So this season has been pretty epic.
Tonight's episode the group became all "wild" and can't wait for the next episode regarding Daryl's GF Beth lol jk

Carol will kill that bitch fo sho

Oct 28, 2014 at 1:10:41 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Just had a mini marathon of the new season with the parents...

Carol is more badass then I remember lol. Maggie looks...different? Why did Glen and Maggie have to go with the army guys in the bus? Why did no one in the group bring up the CDC, did they all forget that shit or what? I kept expecting Rick to at least mention the last time they went to a place for the "cure" or to find out more that the place freaking blew up and it was a death trap...DC is going to be the same.

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

Oct 28, 2014 at 8:03:39 PM
Prime2099 (25)

(Matt C.) < El Ripper >
Maryland
Originally posted by: GirlGamer55

Just had a mini marathon of the new season with the parents...

Carol is more badass then I remember lol. Maggie looks...different? Why did Glen and Maggie have to go with the army guys in the bus? Why did no one in the group bring up the CDC, did they all forget that shit or what? I kept expecting Rick to at least mention the last time they went to a place for the "cure" or to find out more that the place freaking blew up and it was a death trap...DC is going to be the same.

Like i said in my last post, this season is following more closely to the comics so i'm sure it will come up in probably a few episodes.

Nov 3, 2014 at 1:00:40 AM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
So that hospital has a shit setup and the psycho-bitch running it is plain crazy.
Glad that cop got his after trying to get with Beth.
And this pos doctor too having no balls and using Beth.

And oh shit! Carol

Nov 10, 2014 at 10:58:11 PM
Prime2099 (25)

(Matt C.) < El Ripper >
Maryland
It looks like they are going back to last season's focusing on one group at a time. I'm guessing next week will bring back the hospital because they can't show what Rick and the others have been up to since they were sitting in the church. I liked how the truth about Eugene came out vice the comics.

Feb 9, 2015 at 1:30:44 AM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
So what did you guys think of tonight's ep?

I feel like I gotta watch it again and get any Easter egg clues.

Feb 9, 2015 at 1:39:26 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Fun seeing the governor again, even if it was just a hallucination.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Feb 9, 2015 at 2:24:01 AM
NESfanatic (7)
< Lolo Lord >
Ohio
Haven't read the comic but wasnt that a big character? I remember reading when he came around that the comic fans were pumped

Feb 9, 2015 at 5:06:09 AM
Prime2099 (25)

(Matt C.) < El Ripper >
Maryland
Kinda disappointed how he went out, because he was such a bad ass in the comics. But his character on the show was completely different.

Feb 9, 2015 at 2:13:33 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
He died in what felt like a filler episode. Venasaur deserved better.

And if you dont know why hes called venasaur i saw a meme that was the evolution of black characters on walking dead. Was pretty funny.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Feb 9, 2015 at 2:17:18 PM
wesofthedead (2)
(wes arszyla) < Meka Chicken >
Connecticut
ive been a fan of the comics since 2005 so i got aboard pretty early on, tyreese was a pretty major and cool character, also his death was pretty huge too. the tv tyreese was one of the worst characters on the show, i felt nothing for him dying. i love this show to death, no pun intended, but that episode was weird and weak as hell

Feb 9, 2015 at 3:42:22 PM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
Yeah, his death on TV was weak compared to the comics
Think Daryl's bro got a better death ep

blah blah blach ....

Out of 5 / I would give this one a 3

Edited: 02/09/2015 at 08:23 PM by punkr13

Feb 9, 2015 at 4:45:13 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: punkr13

should have known better than to read this thread. I thought future deaths would be kind of something someone wouldnt say. Havent read the comics. Dont plan too in the near future. I just follow the show. Well now im going to be waiting for that to happen. Wont be able to not think about it when watching.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 02/09/2015 at 04:45 PM by quest4nes

Feb 9, 2015 at 5:07:53 PM
NESfanatic (7)
< Lolo Lord >
Ohio
Ugh same quest. Its all good though. Its funny bc at the start of that episode i was uh oh theres to many black people, a knack at how this show works

Feb 9, 2015 at 5:28:51 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
Thought it's true of most shows on TV, I've watched this since episode one, and I was just thinking to myself today that it's kind of funny that every character has their own unique name. Never in the chance of ever will they run into another person named Rick or Glenn, or even a dead character like Lori or Shane. There will never be a White Bob. Never will happen. Every single person on the planet has their own unique name. Whenever somebody new meets Rick, they never ask what his last name is. It's just like "Okay, you're the only Rick in the world, good to meet ya! I won't ask for your last name, because never will that be important!" In the final episode, it will be revealed that humans are actually snowflakes. I've solved the series!  

Another thing that always kind of bugs me in a mostly joking way, is that The Walking Dead seems to take place in a universe where no celebrities or pop culture ever existed. Not once has someone walked down the road humming "Kokomo". Not once has someone stumbled on a stack of Seth Rogen DVDs or thrown in some inappropriate movie quote in somewhere ("the snozzberries taste like snozzberries!") Not once has someone leafed through an old People Magazine in their boredom. Noah's bedroom did not have a singular LeBron James poster. What up with that. It's like the show takes place in the 1700's with cars and military jets. Nobody is wearing any type of printed clothing of any kind. Nobody is wearing a pair of Nikes or Adidas. Once Eugene mentions videogames, but he just runs though specific genres like RPG's and SHMUPs instead of listing actual titles. It stuck me as a weird thing to say, usually the first question that comes up is "Xbox or Playstation?!?"

The episode where Michonne shares her candy bars with Carl totally reminded me of the Halloween episode of Family Guy where Stewie and Brian are going through their candy reading what they got, and it's just a bunch of phony brands that kind of sound like real brands like Not-A-Finger and Dawkin's Peanut Butter Discs, and Stewie is just like "God I hate television"

Edited: 02/09/2015 at 06:15 PM by Trj22487

Feb 9, 2015 at 6:15:30 PM
G-Type (1)
(Geoff ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Virginia
Originally posted by: Trj22487

Another thing that always kind of bugs me in a mostly joking way, is that The Walking Dead seems to take place in a universe where no celebrities or pop culture ever existed. Not once has someone walked down the road humming "Kokomo". Not once has someone stumbled on a stack of Seth Rogen DVDs or thrown in some inappropriate movie quote in somewhere ("the snozzberries taste like snozzberries!") Not once has someone leafed through an old People Magazine in their boredom. Noah's bedroom did not have a singular LeBron James poster. What up with that. It's like the show takes place in the 1700's with cars and military jets. Nobody is wearing any type of printed clothing of any kind. Nobody is wearing a pair of Nikes or Adidas. Once Eugene mentions videogames, but he just runs though specific genres like RPG's and SHMUPs instead of listing actual titles. It stuck me as a weird thing to say, usually the first question that comes up is "Xbox or Playstation?!?"

haha, good point. I never noticed that before.

Check out my comic, The Scientists. It's like a "Genius-centric 'Goonies' that can turn thriller at any moment". 

Feb 9, 2015 at 6:32:42 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
It's also pretty weird that absolutely nobody seems to have a cell phone or digital camera anymore. You could be charging a phone with car chargers and filling it up with photos and videos for years. You'd think that never knowing how much longer people are going to be living, you'd like to take a few photos or videos of them, even if you don't have any way to send or print them. I guess nobody had a iPhone in this reality either.

Feb 9, 2015 at 8:22:13 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

The episode where Michonne shares her candy bars with Carl totally reminded me of the Halloween episode of Family Guy where Stewie and Brian are going through their candy reading what they got, and it's just a bunch of phony brands that kind of sound like real brands like Not-A-Finger and Dawkin's Peanut Butter Discs, and Stewie is just like "God I hate television"

probably because they cant.  who wants a show of product placement anyway? There was a guitar hero controller in noahs room

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 02/09/2015 at 08:24 PM by quest4nes

Feb 9, 2015 at 8:22:57 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

It's also pretty weird that absolutely nobody seems to have a cell phone or digital camera anymore. You could be charging a phone with car chargers and filling it up with photos and videos for years. You'd think that never knowing how much longer people are going to be living, you'd like to take a few photos or videos of them, even if you don't have any way to send or print them. I guess nobody had a iPhone in this reality either.

sounds like a waste of resources when trying to survive. Its been years. I dont think they want to remember this.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 02/09/2015 at 08:25 PM by quest4nes

Feb 9, 2015 at 8:27:32 PM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
sorry guys did the edit... >.<

idk, ive read some of the early comics, im currently reading the series since 'all out war' story arc
and my curiosity + google + wiki walking dead comics is just a cheat sheet of what should come

the thing is that the comics/tv are totally different
its like i couldn't pin-point what issue the TV show is currently at

blah sorry again for that kinda spoiler....

Feb 9, 2015 at 8:28:20 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
Haha my posts are in jest. But I think there absolutely would still be people carrying around their phones to capture stuff. Why would you not want something to remember people that might not be around much longer by? I mean particularly at the start of the series there would have been tons of people videotaping the hoards of walkers like goons.