Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Famicom Sharp Titler Power Supply Plug Found a connector that matches the titler.

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:23:59 PM
r81984 (0)
< Little Mac >
Texas
So I bought a Famicom Sharp Titler AN-510 a long time ago for under $200, but it had no power supply.  Every now and then over the last few years I checked auctions and could not find a power supply.  Even checked Japan and Chinese auctions.      
I never wanted to replace the port either, I rather keep it original.  

Anyways I finally found a cable/plug that fits the Titler so I can make my own power supply.    

So if anyone is in the same situation you can buy this power supply can cut the cord off to have the proper connector to make your own to match the correct voltage.      

I think this is the pin out on the titler., I need to verify it.    You just need to find transformers or power supplies that match these voltages and the minimum amps.  
power supply AN-510
DC 7.6v 1.3A
DC 14v 0.15a  
This should be pinout on the back of the Titler looking at the port (I need to verify it), so your cable would be inverse of this. 
                    ____
DC 7.6+  (1)|o   o|(2) DC +14v
                    \ o /
                     --- (3) Negative
These power supplies have matching connectors: 
HP SDD018-n1000
HP C4504-61221

Going rate is like $9 w/ ship on ebay.  

-------------------------
It's a secret to everybody.

Edited: 03/14/2018 at 11:43 PM by r81984

Mar 15, 2018 at 12:05:54 AM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia
Originally posted by: r81984

So I bought a Famicom Sharp Titler AN-510 a long time ago for under $200, but it had no power supply.  Every now and then over the last few years I checked auctions and could not find a power supply.  Even checked Japan and Chinese auctions.      
I never wanted to replace the port either, I rather keep it original.  

Anyways I finally found a cable/plug that fits the Titler so I can make my own power supply.    

So if anyone is in the same situation you can buy this power supply can cut the cord off to have the proper connector to make your own to match the correct voltage.      

I think this is the pin out on the titler., I need to verify it.    You just need to find transformers or power supplies that match these voltages and the minimum amps.  
power supply AN-510
DC 7.6v 1.3A
DC 14v 0.15a  
This should be pinout on the back of the Titler looking at the port (I need to verify it), so your cable would be inverse of this. 
                    ____
DC 7.6+  (1)|o   o|(2) DC +14v
                    \ o /
                     --- (3) Negative
These power supplies have matching connectors: 
HP SDD018-n1000
HP C4504-61221

Going rate is like $9 w/ ship on ebay.  
Thanks for sharing this info! It's great that people now have a resource/option for making their own.

I recently publicized some of my own research about a few devices with power connectors that match the Atari 7800 ProSystem and this has directly led to Console5.com now carrying replacement leads.  

Edited: 03/15/2018 at 12:06 AM by CZroe

Mar 15, 2018 at 12:12:09 AM
r81984 (0)
< Little Mac >
Texas
I wonder why they use these very rare connectors? Did they think there was going to be a huge demand for replacement connectors and they wanted to lock in the market?
I am sure these companies had to pay a higher cost for these non-standard plugs since they were not used in high volumes.

May 12, 2018 at 1:27:42 AM
r81984 (0)
< Little Mac >
Texas
I can confirm the setup works.
if you are looking at the systems power port, the pins voltage matches the side of the label it is on.

DC
7.6v/14v
The pin on the left is 7.6v and the pin on the right is 14v.
The bottom pin is ground.

I soldered together two power supplies from amazon to the cable I bought and the titler is working perfectly.
I also bought this converter on amazon to put the composite 4:3 video onto my HD tv.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product...

7.6V Power supply = https://www.amazon.com/gp/product...
14V Power supply = https://www.amazon.com/gp/product...

Edited: 05/12/2018 at 01:30 AM by r81984

Oct 08 at 6:29:38 PM
quangdx (0)

< Cherub >
Thanks to this post and a few other around the internet, I purchased a HP SDD018-n1000 (with the correct connector, not the round DIN plug some of them have)
And I check the pinout, to see it matched up with the Famicom Titler, the voltages don't match exactly, but they're close enough that plugging it in without any modification, my Titler was up and running without a problem.
So I can confirm the HP SDD018-n1000 works with the Famicom Titler without any modification.

You may well appreciate this video I made of my to Titler's running.

https://twitter.com/asobitech/sta...

Edited: 10/08/2019 at 06:31 PM by quangdx