Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2014 Weekly Contest Presents: The Punisher Contest ends Sunday, 10/12/14 at 11 PM NA time

Oct 13, 2014 at 10:46:38 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: arnpoly

Just 75 points separated 2nd and 3rd place. Kinda crazy!

Also, it figures I have the worst score of all the people that got to the end of the game, haha. If I had beat Kingpin I would still be in 6th place. Still, I'm happy.

Is that our tightest spread to date?

Since most of the wanton destruction appeared to dole out multiples of 100 it makes me wonder where that small of a difference came from.
Any differential in kill count would have compounded in the completion bonus.

-------------------------

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:38:32 AM
CLAYB1RD (105)
(Clay Myers) < El Ripper >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Also, it figures I have the worst score of all the people that got to the end of the game, haha. If I had beat Kingpin I would still be in 6th place. Still, I'm happy.

Since most of the wanton destruction appeared to dole out multiples of 100 it makes me wonder where that small of a difference came from.

I got the edge on Balloon Kid haha definitely lucky!

Like arnopoly I only played through this game twice due to how long it takes to complete (and the monotonous gameplay) so the 2nd time I just decided to shoot every single thing on the screen trying to get any kind of bonuses 

Oct 13, 2014 at 12:03:05 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta

Guess I shouldn't have skipped the first couple of bonus worlds to get the super gun

For some reason I always came up 3 to 5 kills shy of perfect if I took a bonus level route, so I used them sparingly.

Yeah, I always skip them.  There's one bonus world that doesn't hurt my kill count, but I forget which stage it is (think it was a sewer stage though...so either Assassin or Sijo), but the bonus worlds don't really help much anyway so I just avoid them.  Between the kills and the hidden points that get missed, it's rarely worth taking the shortcut anyway.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Oct 13, 2014 at 12:06:17 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Originally posted by: CLAYB1RD

I got the edge on Balloon Kid haha definitely lucky!

Like arnopoly I only played through this game twice due to how long it takes to complete (and the monotonous gameplay) so the 2nd time I just decided to shoot every single thing on the screen trying to get any kind of bonuses 

That's pretty much what you do, although you do need to figure out what sections will actually give up points so you can conserve enough ammo...you NEVER want to get stuck with the pistol.  Ever.  But yeah, I may have got a few thousand extra from the bonuses due to how many perfect levels I've had, but the major difference is from knowing what to shoot, which just comes from practice. 

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Oct 14, 2014 at 10:00:56 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Sorry for the delay due to yesterday being a holiday, but I've updated my leaderboard script.