Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The Nintendo Aftermarket Price Guide Homebrews/Repros/Translations/Ports/Unreleased Games. Prices taken from the internet and listed inside.

May 26, 2013 at 11:46:17 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Originally posted by: Paul

Homebrew, reproduction and translation are all different and lumping them all together is quite disrespectful to the guys who spend 100s if not 1000s of hours working on a homebrew, versus someone who does a sprite hack or changes a few screens on a game and calls it a new game.

No offense was intended. Changed the title to better reflect what it is I'm keeping track of. Maxed out the character limit in doing so.  

-------------------------

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

May 26, 2013 at 11:06:10 PM
Faltain1 (112)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(~Faltain~ ) < King Solomon >
United States
Soon... very soon... there shall be some more stuff added to this list...

To-do manuals: Arabian Knights, Gulliver Boy, Dark Law, Brandish 2, Flying Hero
Finished manuals: Neugier, Wonder Project J, Burning Heroes, Star Ocean, FEDA, Monstania, Chaos Seed

May 27, 2013 at 4:59:27 AM
Phins (68)
(-P Z T-) < Kraid Killer >
Utah
You are missing Scucci's Gimmick.
Up until Timewalk produced one it was the only 72pin cart to incorporate the expansion sound on a for sale cart.
It used a custom daughterboard manufactured just for the Yamaha chip.

We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the Era we live in; we will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services. If the times demand it, we'll be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists.
And yes, we may all be headed straight to Hell, but what better place for us than this? It is our only home.
Our Heaven, and our Hell.
This, is Outer Heaven.

May 28, 2013 at 2:24:13 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Do Timewalk's Tecmo Bowl's standout enough to be included? It seems like their stuff is different from other repro versions of that game. They don't seem to pop up that often after that year has passed, either. I believe he does a shiny label or something, but have yet to get one. Thoughts?

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

May 28, 2013 at 6:33:04 PM
PsychedelicShaman (6)

(Matthew Royal) < Cherub >
Missouri
Awesome list!

Retrovision is probably worth more than $125. A few have been looking for it in the Buyer's forum, one person has a cash offer of $260, and I'm not sure if he ever got it.

The Super Mario 2j cart has shot up in value, selling for ~$200 on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_f...

May 28, 2013 at 7:36:25 PM
bigmak (52)
(Eric ) < Meka Chicken >
Kentucky
You can add Space Pinball, Blox, and Faceball: prototype addition onto your virtual boy list.

-Eric

May 28, 2013 at 8:25:03 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: Phins

You are missing Scucci's Gimmick.
Up until Timewalk produced one it was the only 72pin cart to incorporate the expansion sound on a for sale cart.
It used a custom daughterboard manufactured just for the Yamaha chip.

Were those ever sold? I remember him documenting the work but then he disappeared

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

May 28, 2013 at 8:43:33 PM
Phins (68)
Utah

We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the Era we live in; we will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services. If the times demand it, we'll be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists.
And yes, we may all be headed straight to Hell, but what better place for us than this? It is our only home.
This, is Outer Heaven.

May 29, 2013 at 11:42:59 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Updated some stuff.

Added a handful of games that were missing, including the other system releases. I've got about a week's worth of prices again, so I'll be doing another update here pretty soon.

May 29, 2013 at 11:58:42 AM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Originally posted by: Phins

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr... Apparently so

Did anyone actually receive a copy of it from Scucci?

I remember at one point, Bunnyboy offered his version to a few people who bought one of Scucci's and never got it.

I'm not sure a scammer's version should be included. 

Many people ended up without a copy although they paid for it, and I think included his version on the list would be disrespectful to those who paid for it and never received it.

Thoughts?

May 29, 2013 at 12:02:01 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas

I remember at one point, Bunnyboy offered his version to a few people who bought one of Scucci's and never got it.

Many people ended up without a copy although they paid for it, and I think included his version on the list would be disrespectful to those who paid for it and never received it.

This is way before my time, so I need you OG's to comment on this one like Paul did. I included it because I found the link and Phins mentioned it, but if it never got produced, then it most certainly should not be here. But if he did send out a few numbered copies... If no one got one, it'll get deleted.

Edited: 05/29/2013 at 12:02 PM by Ferris Bueller

May 29, 2013 at 12:15:47 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
I thought it was his DK pie release where bunnyboy had to step in and send out some carts after scucci flaked, did he do that for Gimmick also? A couple Gimmicks got sent out at least, nesguy left him feedback on one. He didn't number them. If you read that thread, the last post he eludes to problems on the horizon so by the looks of it only two were sent out.

Some carts do exist, so I think they should be on there for informational purposes at least.

May 29, 2013 at 12:17:33 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Maybe it was DK Pie Factory, now that I think about it.

May 29, 2013 at 12:19:48 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Yeah here is the DK Pie thread, Mr Sealie comes to the rescue.

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

May 29, 2013 at 2:42:47 PM
Phins (68)
Utah
Ask adler_0 and nesguy. Their names are there

This, is Outer Heaven.

May 29, 2013 at 3:17:17 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Round Two... Price!

SMB X-MAS Rekringled   Pie Factory   SMB2j
$100   $52   $250

X-Mas Rekringled   Ultimate Frogger   SMB2j
$53   $80   $180

Xmas Rekringled   NES Virus Cleaner   SMB2j
$40   $56   $88

FANTASY ZONE 2   Slappin' Bitches   SMB2j
$66   $60   $85

FANTASY ZONE 2   Spy Vs Spy   PowerPak
$56   $87   $150

Battle Kid   16-Bit Xmas 2012   Nomolos
$80   $65   $45

Battle Kid   16-Bit Xmas 2011   Nintendo World Champs
$58   $55   $70

Battle Kid 2   16-Bit Xmas 2011   Nintendo World Champs
$75   $90   $110

Gradius 2   Gradius 2    
$66   $55    

Edited: 05/29/2013 at 03:53 PM by Ferris Bueller

May 29, 2013 at 3:37:42 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

This is way before my time, so I need you OG's to comment on this one like Paul did. I included it because I found the link and Phins mentioned it, but if it never got produced, then it most certainly should not be here. But if he did send out a few numbered copies... If no one got one, it'll get deleted.

per scucci's comments in the thread, it sounds like at least 2 people should have received them, with at least one of them acknowledging they did. someone can contact those members if they want to verify. but apparently they were not numbered or limited edition in any way, so I don't know how much it matters.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

May 29, 2013 at 5:41:16 PM
Phins (68)
Utah
It wasn't numbered I think but it was extremely unique. Up until Timewalk manufactured it (excluding a rogue project from Drakon) it was the first implementation of SUNSOFT 5B sound hardware in a 72 pin package.

It's notable as a technical achievement regardless of the wherewithal (probably spelled wrong) of its creator.

This, is Outer Heaven.

Edited: 05/29/2013 at 06:26 PM by Phins

May 29, 2013 at 6:35:12 PM
rusticmeadows (5)

(BGK ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
Using eBay as a price gauge for repros is extremely misleading. Ignorant gamers/collectors with money to burn purchasing items with no knowledge of their origins. Most of NA will laugh at purchasing games at some of these prices. Just a few examples of games that were sold second hand and are still available from the maker:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Legend-of...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-LEGEN...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Legend-Ze...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Terranigm...

May 29, 2013 at 6:38:11 PM
Phins (68)
Utah
I was just about to say. Just because SMB2J by RetroZone sells for 200 there on rare occasions when not being properly noted doesn't mean it has a real value of $200. I saw a Starpath Supercharger for the Atari sell for 300 once on eBay. Doesn't mean that's the actual value. Just freak auctions

This, is Outer Heaven.

May 29, 2013 at 6:53:07 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
I know, I know. I pay attention to this stuff. However, if you read the auction for the last one, the dude says he bought it, and the next day it was discontinued. He claims it was the last one. Also, I did my best to do the auctions in order. If you'll notice, the price did tend to increase with that Retrozone title, from $85 to $88 to $180 to $250. I'd like to see two or three more auctions before I draw any real conclusions on that one. But, I went with the price of $250 because the trend I saw was an upward one.

With other all titles, if I see a fluctuation in auctions and sales, I am going to take that into account and try to find a middle ground in the prices. When Bunnyboy's stuff is unavailable, I will go with sale prices from auctions. When his stuff is back, I'll go back to his prices from Retrozone's site.

Edited: 05/29/2013 at 06:54 PM by Ferris Bueller

May 29, 2013 at 9:10:47 PM
rusticmeadows (5)

(BGK ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
The price decreased

May 30, 2013 at 9:07:11 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Originally posted by: rusticmeadows

The price decreased
Fuck me, it did. I thought the searches I did showed me things in reverse order.  Ugh. Rekringled might be backwards, too, then. Pretty sure it went up on all three sales.

Look, shit isn't going to be perfect. It's just me following stuff and looking up prices. And I fucking hate making mistakes, but it happens. In that case, I think the price is probably closer to $100. It was probably going high then because this is when Bunnyboy made the announcement he was closing up shop? The one that went for $250 was the one where the dude said he had the last one, though.

May 30, 2013 at 9:19:18 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Originally posted by: rusticmeadows

Using eBay as a price gauge for repros is extremely misleading. Ignorant gamers/collectors with money to burn purchasing items with no knowledge of their origins. Most of NA will laugh at purchasing games at some of these prices.
I have a feeling I'll have to defend what I'm up to from time to time, so might as well do it again.

The point of my list here is to hopefully get people to quit paying outrageous prices for some of these games. If it's not on this list, that means they should be able to get it new, and cheap, right now. I'll probably add Gwyndion's list of repro makers in the first post to guide them that way.

If it is on this list, it probably doesn't come up for sale very often. When I first started buying these things, I didn't know what they were, where they were sold, for how much, or what the last one went for. I wanted something like the 3/5 screw list I stumbled upon back when I first started collecting. I took the legwork out of looking this stuff up. And, if someone is about to buy one and wants to know what the last one sold for, maybe this will help out.

And I don't think I could be anymore transparent. I added the listings that I got the prices from. You just pointed out an error. I fixed it. How is that misleading?

May 30, 2013 at 9:53:45 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
I think "misleading" is too strong of a word, something like "skewed data" (which Ferris is aware of) would be more appropriate.

For the most part, something like this helps with the limited homebrew or limited quality repro releases when it comes time to part with them. Or when a new collector arrives, it'll help them get a starting point for a bounty.