Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2016 Weekly Contests Presents: Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat Contest ends Sunday, 9/11/16 at 11 PM NA time

Sep 11, 2016 at 8:00:43 PM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta

It's scary how fast time goes by when I play this game. So much fun. I think I can top this score before the contest ends.

-------------------------
https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Edited: 09/11/2016 at 08:01 PM by Krunch

Sep 11, 2016 at 8:02:55 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: Krunch

It's scary how fast time goes by when I play this game. So much fun. I think I can top this score before the contest ends.

Your high score list has triggered me.  

Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

Sep 11, 2016 at 8:05:32 PM
Krunch (146)
Alberta
Originally posted by: mbd39

Originally posted by: Krunch

Your high score list has triggered me.  

Don't worry, it stands for Killer King Krunch

Sep 11, 2016 at 8:10:23 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Maybe I should have bought this game. Maybe playing on PC with a gamepad has affected my performance.

Sep 11, 2016 at 8:43:58 PM
Krunch (146)
Alberta
Aaaargh was on my best run yet going into the third round and my game crashed. This cart I picked up for cheap just for the contests is one of the shittiest NES carts I've ever had. I'm not gonna play anymore if there's another risk of me losing a good run, even though I know I could climb up the leaderboards a bit more. Ahh well

Sep 11, 2016 at 8:46:32 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Gave it one more try. All it did was remind me that I don't like racing games, I don't like cheating AI, and that I'm now dreading Roadblasters

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Sep 11, 2016 at 9:37:10 PM
smick (27)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania

This game is fun.  Too bad it's ruined a bit by the cheating AI for Danny, but still... I'd play it again. 

Playing through the Zelda games:

Complete: The Legend of Zelda (8/1/13); Zelda II (1/6/14); Zelda LTTP (5/18/14); Link's Awakening (4/8/15); Ocarina of Time (2/7/16)
Up Next: Majora's Mask

Sep 11, 2016 at 10:04:48 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Tried a few more times. And I just got pissed off. I might give it one more shot.

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Sep 11, 2016 at 11:54:57 PM
jonest3 (51)
(Taylor ) < Crack Trooper >
Tennessee
Best I'm going to get  

Edited: 09/11/2016 at 11:55 PM by jonest3

Sep 11, 2016 at 11:58:44 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: jonest3

Best I'm going to get  

Contest ended at 11pm.  

Sep 12, 2016 at 12:02:20 AM
jonest3 (51)
Tennessee
My server time said 10:54 :/

Sep 12, 2016 at 12:06:19 AM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

My server time said 10:54 :/

11pm "NA time"... up near the top of the page.

Sep 12, 2016 at 12:19:44 AM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec

Best I'm going to get  

I'll accept your score cause it is your first participation and you got an argument being in a different Time Zone.

Welcome to the Weekly contest  

Edited: 09/12/2016 at 12:21 AM by guillavoie

Sep 12, 2016 at 12:24:27 AM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: guillavoie

Best I'm going to get  

I'll accept your score cause it is your first participation and you got an argument being in a different Time Zone.

That was very kind of you. Thumbs up.

Sep 12, 2016 at 12:26:19 AM
jonest3 (51)
Tennessee

Thanks for the NA love! You didn't have to. My mistake.

Sep 12, 2016 at 12:27:55 AM
Krunch (146)
Alberta
Well depending on how accurate the scoreboard is I think I got 7th place. Not that bad. I really feel like I could have done better with more time this week though. I had a pretty good exploit going on some levels where I would crash Danny in the pit stop causing him to need more fuel, or best case run out of fuel mid-lap.

Edited: 09/12/2016 at 12:28 AM by Krunch

Sep 12, 2016 at 12:28:03 AM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
Originally posted by: mbd39

Originally posted by: guillavoie

Best I'm going to get  

That was very kind of you. Thumbs up.

Thanks man, I think it was a honest mistake from a new participant.

Edited: 09/12/2016 at 12:29 AM by guillavoie

Sep 13, 2016 at 11:31:54 AM
Commander Santa (178)
(Santa ) < King Solomon >
New York
**********************************************************************************************
2016 WEEK 30 SANTA WEEKLY NEWS UPDATE!!! - DANNY SULLIVAN'S INDY HEAT
**********************************************************************************************

- 77 unique contestants have entered the battles this year!
- 30 weeks have come and gone since this train started rolling and another genre championship has been claimed.
- 23 contestants tried their hand at besting one of the cheapest enemies in all of the NES Kingdom this week.
- 4 games remain until the 2016 playoffs begin
- and... 1 person became the newest member of the gold medal crew!

Check out all the highlights (and lowlights) of this week's races below

CONTEST PARTICIPANTS AGREE: DANNY SULLIVAN IS A F#$%ING A$$HOLE

Many players got their very first introduction to one of the NES's most infuriating enemies this week

Cheap enemies.
Everyone who has picked up an NES controller over the years can probably rifle off a short list of enemies that had them pulling out hair and tossing controllers.

Which enemy is the cheapest for you?
Perhaps it's those pesky flying Medusa heads or Imp Men from the Castlevania series?
How about the Eggplant Wizzards in Kid Icarus?
Red Devils in Ghosts n' Goblins?
Flying jet-pack ninjas from Ninja Gaiden?

At least for this week, everyone's favorite NES enemy to hate was Danny Sullivan.

Danny Sullivan drives a solid gold car. It's reaaaaaaaaaly expensive.
Danny Sullivan's car is always faster than yours. No matter how many upgrades you make to your car.
Danny Sullivan can drive perfect laps at light speed to catch up to you - no matter how far ahead you are.
Danny Sullivan (in the later rounds) doesn't need to take a pit stop. Instead of gas, his car becomes fueled by the rage of all the other drivers
Danny Sullivan (in later rounds) will break the spirit of all the other drivers but you. The other cars decide that they will crash into you and impede your progress until you too bend a knee to Danny.
Danny Sullivan will personally tell you about all of his "Awesome Wins" before the game even starts (if you let him).
Danny Sullivan will cheat until you succomb to his unbelievable cheapness and you are forced to retire.
You will succomb to Danny Sullivan

If you've never played this game, think of "Super Off Road" or "Super Sprint" to get an idea of the gameplay.
Now add in the Peach car from R.C. Pro-AM (Level 26+) and multiply that by 73.
It's a fun game, but Sullivan becomes more and more invincible as the game progresses.

If you think you have what it takes to best Danny Sullivan, throw in a cart like our contestants did this week to appreciate just how much frustration many players fought through.
...and be sure to give a middle finger to Danny for me.

***********************************************************************************************
TABLEW/CHAIRS SETS HIGH BAR FOR FUTURE NA CONTESTS

tablew/chairs leaves everyone else in the dust with a truly dominating performance

It seems tablew/chairs was the only one that found the magic formula to slap Danny Sullivan around this week.
Since this was the first time this game was played in the contests, all future players will look back to see the high score attained by him if they want to be the best in NA contest history.

tw/c is no rookie though.
Table is a top competitor each year in the "Can NA Beat Every NES Game in a Year" threads as well.
This year tw/c is ranked #3 of 55 competitors in that contest. He has completed 57 different NES games this year - many of which have high difficulty rankings.

For the 2016 NA Contest Season tablew/chairs has only participated 3 times - placing extremely high each time.

WEEK 22: Paperboy                          163,800  [3rd place]
WEEK 29: Pinball                              333,260  [6th place]
WEEK 30: Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat      1,544  [1st place]

With his first place finish this week, table has become one of the elite players to earn a gold medal throughout this year.
His score was nearly double that of second place finisher and silver medal recipiant Thomahawk12's score of 860.

Even with only 3 submitted scores, tw/c finds himself in 27th place overall and still has an outside chance of making the year end playoffs!
Congrats to him and very impressive!

BERTSAMPSON CLAIMS ANOTHER GENRE CHAMPIONSHIP FOR 2016

Another week, another crown for the "Human Cyborg"

Even if bertsampson didn't lift a finger this week, his Sports Genre Championship still would have arrived at his doorstep.
Despite that, bert turned in another medal performance - finishing 3rd in Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat and making it look easy.

Take a look at bert's performance this year to appreciate how skilled he is...

WEEK 6:  Rad Racer                         65,832  [2nd place]
WEEK 11: Baseball                                 40  [1st place]
WEEK 19: Golf                                      -12 [T-2nd place]
WEEK 27: Lunar Pool                        21,130  [4th place]
WEEK 30: Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat       804 [3rd place]

With 2 season genre championships under his belt, bert looks to add yet another one next week with Road Blasters.
...he'll need some help to win that one though

"THE GRINDER" VS. "THE HUMAN CYBORG" NEXT WEEK TO DECIDE 2016 SHOOTER CHAMPION

The two former shooter genre champions will fight it out to determine NA's best shooter

skinnygrinny currently holds a slim 2 point lead over reigning regular season champions bertsampson in the shooter category.
After 30 weeks everything in the shooter category comes down to who can conquer RoadBlasters.

Check out each participant's stats to get an idea how close this really is.

skinnygrinny                                                                  bertsampson
1943 - [2nd place]                                                           1943 - [1st place]
Legendary Wings - [2nd place]                                           Legendary Wings - [2nd place]
Gyruss - [1st place]                                                         Gyruss - [4th place]
Isolated Warrior - [1st place]                                             Isolated Warrior - [2nd place]
RoadBlasters - [???]                                                         RoadBlasters - [???]

No doubt this will come down to te wire.
skinny is sure to grind out a top score and bert has the opportunity to sweep every genre and become champion in each category for an NA contest first.
Entertainment levels will be at an all time high next week.

***********************************************************************************************
NEW PARTICIPANTS

Each week we list contest participants still in need of an icon

Here's the newest crop of contest participants!

To be knighted with the Contest Badge...

Thomahawk12 - 860
jonest3 - 504
G-Type - 300

**************************************************************************************************

That's it for another Update!

- Who will win the Shooter Crown next week?
- Where have ToxieRules and Richardhead gone?
- Do you think Danny Sullivan knows how much of a dick his video game character is?

Keep tuning into the contest s to find out!

Santa's 8-bit Xmas Hall of Heroes
bunnyboy, psychobear85, superbobby, captmorgandrinker, guillavoie, KHAN Games (backup from Jon Solo), fsped09 & zi

Sep 13, 2016 at 11:37:04 AM
TWarwick07 (85)
(Kung Fu Master) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Al Unser Jr. > Danny Sullivan

80's Indy cars rock !!