Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can NA beat every N64 game in a year ? (2015) Games beaten: 192/303 - Last finished game: Centre Court Tennis

Oct 26, 2015 at 12:38:37 PM
RetroMichel (41)
(Michel B.) < El Ripper >
Quebec
Originally posted by: KrakenSoup

Castlevania Legacy of Darkness is done! Loved the game but my god is that last boss hard! Just beat it with Cornel though I'm going to play through with the others at least part way since I love the original Castlevania game on N64.
Yes ! Good job.

Originally posted by: KrakenSoup

I started Cruis'n Exotica... what modes do I have to beat for this to be considered complete? Cruis'n Exotica mode? Cruis'n Challenge? Or Both? I've only played this in the arcades so I have no idea where the credits comes in.
I think that the Cruis'n Exotica mode is the main mode, so I would say go with that one.

Oct 26, 2015 at 1:40:43 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
Originally posted by: RetroMichel

Castlevania Legacy of Darkness is done! Loved the game but my god is that last boss hard! Just beat it with Cornel though I'm going to play through with the others at least part way since I love the original Castlevania game on N64.
Yes ! Good job.

I started Cruis'n Exotica... what modes do I have to beat for this to be considered complete? Cruis'n Exotica mode? Cruis'n Challenge? Or Both? I've only played this in the arcades so I have no idea where the credits comes in.
I think that the Cruis'n Exotica mode is the main mode, so I would say go with that one.
Cool! Any difficulty setting or does it have to be on medium or higher? I tried medum and found it actually to be pretty tough. I only made it through 3 races before being forced to start over.

Btw I highly recommend Legacy of Darkness to anyone who enjoys 3D action/platformers or those who played Castlevania 64 but not Legacy. It really does fix a lot of the little issues Castlevania 64 had. It truly boggles my mind why these two Castlevania games are so maligned. They are really very good.

Oct 26, 2015 at 7:10:23 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec

Yes ! Good job.

Cool! Any difficulty setting or does it have to be on medium or higher? I tried medum and found it actually to be pretty tough. I only made it through 3 races before being forced to start over.

Btw I highly recommend Legacy of Darkness to anyone who enjoys 3D action/platformers or those who played Castlevania 64 but not Legacy. It really does fix a lot of the little issues Castlevania 64 had. It truly boggles my mind why these two Castlevania games are so maligned. They are really very good.
I really don't know... Try on Easy and if they say something like: "Try on a harder difficulty", then I guess you'll need to do so. :/ If not, then the game will be counted as finished (if there are credits or a celebration).

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:10:10 PM
Italia64 (1)
(Gabriele Atzori) < Eggplant Wizard >
Italy
Good work with Castlevania LoD, congrats ;-)

I recently beaten Cruis'n World and it had three difficult levels, every difficult level had different tracks (but only four for each level).
I don't know if Cruis'n Exotica is like that.

I started Worms Armageddon, I think it will require a lot of time, there are more than 30 missions plus the training mode. I will keep you updated.

Tomorrow I will start Lego Racers too, I beaten the game time ago and it's quite easy and short.

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:54:04 AM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York

Yes ! Good job.

I really don't know... Try on Easy and if they say something like: "Try on a harder difficulty", then I guess you'll need to do so. :/ If not, then the game will be counted as finished (if there are credits or a celebration).
Cool I'll let you know when I get there!

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:58:26 AM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
Extreme-G 2 should be finished this weekend. I really like it so far, but I find it harder than the first entry.

Also, I looked up some informations about these two games and something that surprised me is that the first Extreme-G game came out before F-Zero X.

Oct 30, 2015 at 8:15:48 PM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
Yes Extreme-G is the first game of the genre on the console in release order (the second was Aero Gauge).
I really like Extreme-G, I prefer F-Zero X, Star Wars Episode I Racer, Wipeout 64 or Rush 2049 talking about futuristic racing games, but the Acclaim racer is very good and funny, and the soundtrack is fantastic.
I also have this German special edition with the music CD inside, with the OST.

About Extreme-G 2, I never beat the game but surely I will in future, I played and I liked it. I can't agree with this review:

Edited: 10/30/2015 at 08:16 PM by Italia64

Nov 1, 2015 at 2:44:50 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
Extreme-G 2 is done ! I found it to be a pretty good game, but it was very hard at the end. You needed to place first on every single track on the hardest mode, with the "Mirror mode" on. Something that I really disliked about the game is the fact that when you hit a wall, you sometimes go in the opposite way and it can change the race's results. If you lose one race, you need to restart from 1, 2 or 3 races before. I spent all my morning on this and I'm really glad it's done, but I was disappointed with what you unlock when you beat that last mode... You unlock a human racer who runs on his feet ! How pathetic is that ! ... The gameplay was good (except for when you go in the opposite way) and the graphics were very nice too. The music, like Italia64 said, was very good in the first Extreme-G, but so it was in the second entry. The tracks were original and were challenging, so yeah, that was cool too. Only thing I disliked with a passion are the accidents that make you lose a lot of precious time. In final, Extreme-G 2 is a game I liked, not a game I loved (like the first one), because of its frustrating moments.

No credits or celebrations too. I looked up on YouTube and GameFAQs to see if I didn't do everything, but yeah, everything is done.

Next is Ready 2 Rumble Boxing !

Nov 2, 2015 at 7:42:05 AM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
Congratulations RetroMichel.
You're the man! ;-)
I will surely try to beat Extreme-G 2 soon so now I know what I have to expect hehe.

Worms Armageddon is a bit boring, it's not a game's fault, it's just that I hate waiting times in videogames, so when you have to wait that the opponents make their moves, etc.
So I often find boring RPGs, baseball games, etc, games with loading times, etc.

I like pure gameplay without interruptions.

Nov 6, 2015 at 8:30:01 AM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
Hi guys.
I think that this is the right topic to write this hehe.
I'm making the top 1000 N64 musics list, still miss about 150 musics.

If you know some N64 very good soundtrack let me know please. I need help for less knew games, NTSC-U and NTSC-J exclusives above all ( I listed just musics of Indy, Bomberman 64 the 2nd Attack, Sin and Punishment, Ms.Pac-Man, THPS3 and few other not PAL releases).

Nov 6, 2015 at 5:58:28 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
Originally posted by: Italia64

Hi guys.
I think that this is the right topic to write this hehe.
I'm making the top 1000 N64 musics list, still miss about 150 musics.

If you know some N64 very good soundtrack let me know please. I need help for less knew games, NTSC-U and NTSC-J exclusives above all ( I listed just musics of Indy, Bomberman 64 the 2nd Attack, Sin and Punishment, Ms.Pac-Man, THPS3 and few other not PAL releases).
I'll try to help you with your list. I will listen to some soundtracks this weekend.

Also, I'm playing Guitar Hero: Van Halen at the moment, so yeah, I'm not really playing N64. There are only 2 games in my collection that are not done in the thread (Ready 2 Rumble Boxing and Mace: The Dark Age), so I have the time to do them later this year.

Our present goal is to beat 202/303 games. 2/3 of the completion would be great !

Nov 19, 2015 at 7:06:57 PM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
I gave a second chance to All Star Baseball 2000. My sister used to play baseball so she explained me better the rules and dynamics. I managed to win the Playoffs starting from Division Series, so I played three matches only (on Arcade mode, on Rookie mode, no. of innings 1 ahah).
I don't know if this can be considered a legit achievement, but I can't play this game another minute haha. As I said time ago it's not a game fault, it's me, I have a sort of idiosyncrasy for games that ask you to wait something all the time.
This is why I stopped to play Worms Armageddon too, but maybe I will start again it.

Edited: 11/19/2015 at 07:07 PM by Italia64

Nov 19, 2015 at 8:13:48 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec

I gave a second chance to All Star Baseball 2000. My sister used to play baseball so she explained me better the rules and dynamics. I managed to win the Playoffs starting from Division Series, so I played three matches only (on Arcade mode, on Rookie mode, no. of innings 1 ahah).
I don't know if this can be considered a legit achievement, but I can't play this game another minute haha. As I said time ago it's not a game fault, it's me, I have a sort of idiosyncrasy for games that ask you to wait something all the time.
This is why I stopped to play Worms Armageddon too, but maybe I will start again it.

Congrats ! Your achievement is legit.

As you can see, the thread is kind of dead, but I hope we'll do better next year. I don't want to be next year's host, though.

Edited: 11/30/2015 at 06:37 PM by RetroMichel

Nov 19, 2015 at 8:36:39 PM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
Thanks man!
I hope that you will partecipate even if you won't be the host
We have to find a sport games maniac haha.

Nov 22, 2015 at 10:44:39 PM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
Unfortunately the game is beaten yet, but I paste this here too ;-)

WON THE WORLD LEAGUE ON LEVEL 5 USING JAPAN!!!

I'm very proud of this achievement and it enjoyed me a lot! Tomorrow I start the Scenario mode :yeah:

HARDEST MOMENTS

1st: vs Holland
I was in first place, Holland second (-1pts), I had almost all the players in "blue/purple shape" and all the fast players (which I use a lot for run&cross) with few stamina.
After one minute I took a red card, 10 vs 11.
Half time score: Holland was winning 1-0
Finish score: 7-0!!!! Haha

2nd: vs Germany
I was winning 3-0! They made 3-1 just a second before the half time's end.
Later they made 5-3! It was a fantastic match, considering that I was using Japan. I made 5-4 and later I was alone ahead the goalkeeper and...the referee has blow the whistle :-(

3rd: vs France
Look the photo and you'll understand haha.

Edited: 11/30/2015 at 09:21 PM by Italia64

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:54:46 PM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
Today I completed the Scenario mode on level 5. Oh guys this is a very hard quest. I spent at least 15 hours on it during the last three days.
The most difficult match is: Italy 4-0 Wales
You use Wales and you have to win the match, and you have only 4m20s for score 5 goals and win the match. I tried this match for 3-4 hours and finally...

Nov 27, 2015 at 5:13:33 AM
twiztor (5)
(Mr. Twiztor) < Eggplant Wizard >
Iowa
WCW vs. NWO: World Tour

have beaten this game 100s of times, figured i would officially knock it off the list for 2015. here's some ending screens from tonight:

WCW vs NWO mode (5-on-5 elimination match):

League Challenge (this would be as close as we get to a "main" story mode):

-------------------------

Nov 30, 2015 at 5:56:38 PM
link463 (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Kansas

Congrats ! Your achievement is legit.

As you can see, the thread is kind of dead, but I hope we'll do better next year. I don't want  to be next year's host, though.

This year was pretty successful overall. It's managed to remain active through November, which hasn't happened before. I think you did a pretty good job. Leading is a heavy burden, though.

Thanks for writing. I apologize for the delay in responding to your email during this busy time of year.
In regard to your email, it is great to hear that you have found a copy of Perfect Dark for the Nintendo 64. Perfect dark was a first person shooter game that was released in May of 2000. I personally enjoyed this game a lot during my mid-teen years since it allows for up to four players to play at one time. All the Perfect Dark cartridges were black.

I hope this information is what you are looking for.

-
Response I received from Nintendo customer support when I asked if they knew any thing about a black Perfect Dark cart.

Nov 30, 2015 at 6:39:13 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
Thank you link463, and congrats Italia64 and twiztor on beating the games. I hope the best for next year. I would totally see Italia64 as the leader ! Or could I...

Edited: 11/30/2015 at 06:42 PM by RetroMichel

Nov 30, 2015 at 7:19:37 PM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
Thanks guys! Yes this year it's been a success in my opinion, a lot of games beaten and a lot of people who beat more than 20 games, the other years was very different.

About the next year, I'm very busy in N64 gaming/collecting/ambassador haha. But maybe I can help if we host the page together Michel, you made a fantastic work this year, as player, as page moderator.

Seems the Twiztor is been faster than me. I too beaten WCW vs. nWo World Tour however haha.
I beaten, on easy, the WCW vs. nWo mode, the League and the Tournament.

The game is very easy on easy mode, but I don't want to try the only thing that I didn't beat, the League Challenge, because now I don't have a Controller Pak free and I read that you unlock some characters in this mode.
So maybe I'll try it when I'll get a Memory Pak (it's quite long I think, I don't know if it's possible to save between matches).

I will definitely play before the end of the year All Star Baseball 99, Lego Racers and Hybrid Heaven ;-)

Edited: 11/30/2015 at 09:20 PM by Italia64

Nov 30, 2015 at 9:09:08 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec

About the next year, I'm very busy in N64 gaming/collecting/ambassador haha. But maybe I can help if we host the page together Michel, you made a fantastic work this year, as players, as page moderator.

Thanks ! I changed my mind about being the host next year. I would like to be it.

Seeing how many games you did in little time, I just can hope for the best for next year.

EDIT: Congrats for World Tour !

Edited: 11/30/2015 at 09:10 PM by RetroMichel

Dec 1, 2015 at 7:19:51 AM
link463 (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Kansas

Superman is beaten... Finally ! I found the game to be really easy (considering the fact that I was playing in the hardest mode), but I think there are like no differences between the difficulty levels. The game is full of game breaking glitches that make you restart the entire levels, so it can be frustrating, but that's what I expected from this game. The graphics are really, to be honest, the worst I've seen on the console and are very foggy. There are two types of levels. The "action" levels and the "rings" stages. And guess what ? The "rings" stages are funner, because you don't die often or at all in them. I found the gameplay to be OK, but I think that's due to the fact that I know the N64 controller too well.

I wouldn't say it was a terrible experience, because I liked some levels. You can see that this game had potential, it's just a shame that Warner Bros. told Titus that Superman couldn't fight "real" people in the "real" world or something like that and that they had to almost restart the whole game. Seriously, what were they thinking ? IMO, it's not the worst game ever. It's just an unfinished game that shouldn't have been on the market.

Extreme-G 2 is next !

Congrats on knocking out that heavy hitter. I'm glad you now understand the true problems with the game. I thought it had a lot if potential, too, but the game just ended up being a broken mess. The developer is semi-famous now for saying, "Of course it sucks. It's only 10% of a game!" Knowing the factors that contributed to its sucking does make it harder to slam, but I still find it to be an unplayable mess of a game. And yes, the ring stages are nothing. Hopefully, one if those reviewers people actually listen to will do a decent review of the game one day.

Thanks for writing. I apologize for the delay in responding to your email during this busy time of year.
In regard to your email, it is great to hear that you have found a copy of Perfect Dark for the Nintendo 64. Perfect dark was a first person shooter game that was released in May of 2000. I personally enjoyed this game a lot during my mid-teen years since it allows for up to four players to play at one time. All the Perfect Dark cartridges were black.

-
Response I received from Nintendo customer support when I asked if they knew any thing about a black Perfect Dark cart.

Dec 1, 2015 at 7:21:42 AM
link463 (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Kansas
Also, I'm going to try and finish up Quake, which I was working on before I got distracted by other things. (Stupid life.) I might still try to knock out one or two others before the end of the year.

-

Edited: 12/01/2015 at 07:22 AM by link463

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:24:05 AM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
@RetroMichel: very nice to read that. I think you're the perfect person for this job, it's incredible that you're 16yo only.

@link463: I'm playing Quake in these days, but don't worry I don't think I'm going to beat it ;-) I don't like this kind of FPS, I'm more a GE007/PD person :-P

Today I beaten [b]All Star Baseball 99[/b] (Playoffs, Arcade on Rookie) using NY Yankees.
I didn't understand a thing: in final I won 3 matches and Cincinnati Reds won the first match only, and I had to play a another match, so I had to win 4 matches (I simulate the last one only). So is 5 the minimum number of matches in final? Because in All Star Baseball 2000 I played only 3 matches in final I seem.

However, my considerations about ASB 2000 are 100% the same about this game too. Great game on paper, boring in gameplay. But I'm not a baseball fan so my opinion is biased in this case.

Edited: 12/01/2015 at 12:51 PM by Italia64

Dec 2, 2015 at 5:23:29 PM
Toad (5)
(Pierre-Yves Bilodeau) < Little Mac >
Quebec

What a classic !

Looking for:
- Chrono Trigger SNES cartridge
- Earthbound SNES cartridge
- Metroid Prime GC CIB
- Resident Evil 4 GC CIB