Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAGE E-Zine announcement

Aug 14, 2007 at 1:06:50 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Please use this forum to discuss the upcoming E-Zine...

-------------------------

Aug 14, 2007 at 1:10:15 PM
dangevin (219)
Pennsylvania
Congrats to Dain, who launched this site one year ago today. HIP HIP HOORAY!

Aug 14, 2007 at 1:15:34 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Happy B-day AGE!!! & and big congrats and thanks to Dain for making this possible. Very few people know how much time he actually puts into this site, so thanks bro.

It has been a long road so far, but it has been a blast. We have lots of great plans and ideas for the future, so I can't wait to see how far we have come this time next year. "To infinity and beyond!"
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Aug 14, 2007 at 1:22:42 PM
KennyB (14)
(No Go ogle result) < Eggplant Wizard >
Belgium
Hooray for Dain !!

Who wrote the E-zine ?

Aug 14, 2007 at 1:33:45 PM
maximus_clean (147)
(Curtis S) < King Solomon >
Canada

Thanks for starting this Dain. Much appreciated.

Great site and only getting better!

Looking for VGA NES, SNES and more, have cash and many VGA to trade!

“Well, there is actual loss of cardboard in a spot or two”

Aug 14, 2007 at 1:35:32 PM
xtremegamer (188)
(Lenny Laserdisc) < Ridley Wrangler >
Missouri
Happy Birthday NA!  I love this site!  I used to be exclusive to DP, but now I find myself visiting here more often.  Got me back into collecting NES stuff which I had given up on until about 3 months ago.  Thanks Dain!

Paaaaper!  Have you ever seen paper?  Look at it, smell it!

Aug 14, 2007 at 1:37:00 PM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Happy B-Day NA! This is such a great site and community, you all have inspired my collecting passion and have helped me grow to where I am today in such a short time, thank you all!

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Aug 14, 2007 at 1:57:16 PM
Parpunk (172)
(Mark ) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
Awesome! Thanks So Much Dain for the GREAT Site! As xtremegamer mentioned earlier about DP, i was also just a full time Digitopress member, but now i find myself here way more than at DP. This is the BEST game colletor site on the WEB! Happy B Day And good luck with everything! This site really fuses the NES collecting scene and you can clearly see a difference.
-Mark

Shop Retro Video Games, Vinyl, Toys, Comics, and more at https://www.backtothemedia.com/ 
Visit our store in Winchester Virginia! http://www.facebook.com/backtothemedia
NES Games beaten in 2013 - http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&am...
Me getting my first Nintendo in 1990 (for real) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjhKPNV2PbM

Aug 14, 2007 at 2:19:49 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
same here. I don't even bother with dp anymore

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Aug 14, 2007 at 2:31:58 PM
dangevin (219)
Pennsylvania
I will be editing the E-Zine and producing small amounts of content, and it looks like we'll have at least eight regular contributors that will constitute the bulk of the magazine. You'll know who they are when you read the first issue, punks!

Aug 14, 2007 at 2:32:46 PM
UncleTusk (234)
(Wilfred Brimley) < King Solomon >
California
This sites is amazing.  i browzed DP and have no desire to even join.  Uncletusk doesn't like rodents or atari, or sega. 

I would be very interested in writing articles for this zine.  Very interested.

Only Brave Souls Click on the Tusk

Short and large run boxes, manuals, maps!  Give your Uncle a call!

Aug 14, 2007 at 2:33:02 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Who wrote the E-zine ?

Dan has taken the task of the e-zine on his shoulders, but several well known members plan to write monthly articles. I know I am VERY excited about the magazine myself and can't wait to read the first issue.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Aug 14, 2007 at 2:47:59 PM
NOFRIENDO-banned (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Chad Tukiendorf) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
I too would like to thank Dain and anyone else who makes this site work so well.I think you would be hard pressed to find a more die hard nes addict(thats a good thing)than Dain,who is willing to DONATE their time.I can not wait for the upcoming site updates and I think it is amazing how honest of a trading community has been built here.I have never once read about someone getting ripped off by another Nintendoage'r(Except Hounder).Lets keep this up boys and come next year we will all have collections like Dain and NGD.Thanks guys for turning me to the dark side of nes collecting,There is no going back now!!

Edited: 08/14/2007 at 02:49 PM by NOFRIENDO-banned

Aug 14, 2007 at 3:22:45 PM
flyingducky (44)
(P ) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia
Happy B-day nintendoage, and thanks Dain for making this happen. This is one of the best site on the Web for everything Nintendo.

Aug 14, 2007 at 3:46:18 PM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
Yes, Happy Birthday NA, and many more!!! I cannot wait for the ezine and I will likely drool over my keyboard for countless hours (oh well, needed a new board anyway!) Anyway, congrats again Dain, and keep up the excellent work!

Aug 14, 2007 at 4:16:12 PM
skankinmack (69)
(mike mack) < El Ripper >
Ontario
this place totally rules, hands down the best site on all of the net. good job and thanks to dain and everyone who has helped making this site the place we all know and love today. and i think i speak for everyone when i say i can't wait for the first issue and the many more to follow, keep up the good work.

shameless plug: check out my ebay stuff

http://www.ebay.com/sch/skankinma...

Aug 14, 2007 at 8:19:10 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Wow, thanks, guys -- got me a little choked up reading all the kind messages. I want to thank everyone here who's helped make this a great site -- it wouldn't be any good without all you guys coming back and keeping it going. I know we've had several bumps in the road, but I guess that's just part of it all.

I'm extremely excited about the e-Zine, and really appreciate all the hard work that Dan has and will put in to really make it happen. Same goes for the article authors (I'd thank you all individually, but I don't even know who you are yet

Aug 14, 2007 at 8:26:49 PM
dangevin (219)
Pennsylvania
Rest assured we're all working hard.

Aug 14, 2007 at 8:40:27 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
Originally posted by: Bronty

same here. I don't even bother with dp anymore [IMG][/IMG]

I'm almost to that point myself. It's funny, actually - when that SE auction popped up, it made me wonder if NA really was the preeminent NES collecting site on the web, so I did a little survey of all the other game collecting sites that I infrequently visit (AA, DP, CGCC, Nesforums, Nesworld) to see what people thought of that SE auction and, as of last night, not one of them even had a thread about it. Welp, that says enough for me

And thanks again, Dain for all the effort you put in both BEFORE and after you launched the site. I remember you posting your pipe-dream of an idea YEARS ago on nesworld intermittently when, for long stretches, you would routinely fall right off the map.

I remember you starting a thread over at DP in early October last year, and that's when the real migration began. Actually, if you look back on that thread, I was clearly being a hard-ass about this site at the time and I even scolded you about the Nintendo "Age" name... Obviously, I turned right around in a hurry

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Edited: 08/14/2007 at 08:42 PM by Dr. Morbis

Aug 14, 2007 at 8:54:35 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Dr. Morbis
I remember you starting a thread over at DP in early October last year, and that's when the real migration began. Actually, if you look back on that thread, I was clearly being a hard-ass about this site at the time and I even scolded you about the Nintendo "Age" name... Obviously, I turned right around in a hurry

Ha ha, that was you!? I remember that, though I didn't know it was you. I'm amazed you remember the post I made about NA, oh, 6 years ago? There's a story behind why it took so long, and why I repeatedly dropped off the map, but I'll just say that it involved 28 days of "liberation"

-Dain

Aug 14, 2007 at 11:19:49 PM
TN (73)
(TN TN) < El Ripper >
United States
This is the best site in my book.  Many thanks to everyone who puts time into creating and maintaining this site.  I read the forums, look things up in the database, read the manuals when I try out a new game, and even try to make a few trades now and then with members.  Overall excellent place to spend part of my day. 

Aug 15, 2007 at 12:50:53 AM
choppy (0)
(Howard Chung) < Cherub >
United States
Cool!  Great work Dain and everyone who makes NA what it is.  Thanks for putting in all the time and effort!

Aug 15, 2007 at 2:07:10 AM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
I think the site is great also I spend most of my time here and not so much on other sites. It has been nice getting to know some of the people ive been bidding against over the years. And although I dont get into shacen,pal, label varations it is cool seeing other members games and knowing there out there if ones looking for them.

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Aug 15, 2007 at 3:49:51 AM
Zzap (47)
(James ) < King Solomon >
Australia
Yep, I was hooked by the database, but stayed for the company This is a great site!

Chunkout for iPhone, iPad and iTouch out now!
Chunkout Games: FaceBook | Web

Aug 15, 2007 at 10:58:46 AM
burnambill333 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Nicholas Morgan) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Zzap

Yep, I was hooked by the database, but stayed for the company This is a great site!

The database is still very much in it's early stages.

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!