Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Zombie Nation

Jun 3, 2012 at 2:21:34 AM
Bigballin23 (23)

(C W) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
I was on ebay and I noticed zombie nation went throught the roof. Its selling for 160-210. Like 2-3 months they was selling for 60-110. I might let my copy go.

-------------------------
 WTB:Earthbound strategy Guide snes

Jun 3, 2012 at 2:45:55 AM
WolfAlmighty (3)
(Wolfgang Abenteuer) < Lolo Lord >
Washington
Yeah, prices on this title spiked seemingly overnight. Many were saying it was due and, well, now its time has come.

Jun 3, 2012 at 3:47:41 AM
Luigi_Master (29)
(Kevin McConnell) < Kraid Killer >
United States
Good thing I got my CIB for around $150, then! I overpayed for most of the other titles, but I think I got this at a steal.

I got some goodies on eBay.  Wanna see more, read the news, etc?  Check below:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jun 3, 2012 at 4:32:46 AM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
I know...I was not counting on it being one of the final four I needed to complete my set. Crazy how a couple people want it, then everybody wants it, then it goes through the roof. Just another great find I am going to have to have in the wild...

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Jun 3, 2012 at 8:33:41 AM
nintendowayne (18)
(Wayne Mendoza) < Meka Chicken >
Louisiana
People are eating each other. Anything zombie related is going to soar now.

no signature

Jun 3, 2012 at 9:14:49 AM
Hoskat (11)
(Matt Hosley) < Eggplant Wizard >
Kentucky
This is the only NES game I bought before it spiked in price. I think I paid around 50.00 for mine last year at a local store. One of the rarer games in my collection.

Jun 3, 2012 at 9:16:32 AM
the_hudge27 (52)
(Shawn M) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
It's happening with a bunch of stuff. In late March I got a Wayne's World for 35 and now its averaging 80-90. I also passed up a Wacky Races for 42 and now it's around the same price range as well.

So for now I'm giving up on those and collecting terrible/awesome FMV Sega CD games!

Jun 3, 2012 at 9:49:21 AM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Yea now is not the time to get into collecting, I think the price hike for this game is justified thou due to how uncommon it is, and it's a fun/weird game. Plus it has some of my favorite box art on the NES.

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Jun 3, 2012 at 11:07:01 AM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
As long as the economy hangs on the prices will only go up and up. We live in the high technology generation and gaming is huge. When I was a kid there was no such thing as video games, the common thing for kids to do was collect baseball, football cards. So of course kids wanted mickey mantel, pete rose etc. but pretty much you could only find those cards at local shops or trading locally. meaning you didnt have a billion people having the chance to buy the card. and there were a lot less people in the world 40 years ago and there arent as many people around that grew up on trading cards as video games. pretty much if you have 10 people really into collecting cards there will be more to go around and will demand less money, if you have 1000 people collecting games there will be less to go around and games will demand more money.

Gaming has taken off into a whole new realm, there is simply no where near the supply of older games as the demand. look how large this site has grown in 5 years, from a handful to close to 10 thousand. Personally Im seeing fewer and fewer people interested in sports these days so there is not a large market for sports items. and as far as stamps, coins, rare history items, that is pretty much the ultra rich peoples game. but video games at this point are still pretty affordable. I mean as time progress and technology increases, who knows if the old games might become like a piccaso painting. Art was the big thing during those ages but gaming is of this generation. Maybe not in my lifetime but in the future i could see old games bringing hundreds of thousands of dollars.

name of the game is supply and demand. and from what ive seen over the past 5 years the supply is getting smaller and smaller and the demand is getting bigger and bigger. With the internet the market has gone from local to worldwide.

I can say yes ive griped about prices in the past, but after really thinking about it most games are pretty dirt cheap today. compared to when atari first came out and the average salary of that time. if you sold new systems at the price the atari was when it came out in the 70s compared to the average income of the time. new systems would be 2 to 4 thousand dollars. My first job the minium wage was 2.65 cents a hour, so a 8 hour shift after taxes got you about 18.00 dollars. the atari was 379.00 dollars so you looking at months salary to buy just the system. and games were a two weeks salary. so you can say games are a lot cheaper today,compared to the 70s even though they seem to be high.

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Jun 3, 2012 at 2:23:49 PM
Space Jockey (145)
( Xenomorph ) < King Solomon >
Washington
I feel like a tard now for selling mine for $60 last year. Props to those who can cash in on it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7855-4097-7884

Originally posted by: Space Jockey
Originally posted by: Guntz
On a more serious note, I've played EarthBound today for so long, I feel all tense and mentally worn out.
Then you called your mother and felt better?

Jun 3, 2012 at 5:34:55 PM
Rabidcamel (19)
(J ) < Meka Chicken >
Saskatchewan
Well I should've bought Zombie Nation when I had the chance but since the spike in some prices for games. I dont know I'll see what shows up. Till then Im glad I got some other titles before the craziness of games going up. I just got into collecting NES and N64 back in March of 2012.

My Favorite NES game of all time! Double Dragon 2 - 4 Life! -

N64 Games Im looking for must be complete and excellent condition or sealed
Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals
International Track & Field 2000

I have sales/trades available in my thread for the games above Im looking for. Check it out!

Jun 4, 2012 at 4:01:01 PM
thegnome (32)
(david shivley) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Man... I bought mine for $4 in 2004.

I've stopped collecting... and now everything is UP FOR GRABS!

What do I have FOR SALE today???

Jun 4, 2012 at 5:03:47 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: wrldstrman

As long as the economy hangs on the prices will only go up and up. We live in the high technology generation and gaming is huge. When I was a kid there was no such thing as video games, the common thing for kids to do was collect baseball, football cards. So of course kids wanted mickey mantel, pete rose etc. but pretty much you could only find those cards at local shops or trading locally. meaning you didnt have a billion people having the chance to buy the card. and there were a lot less people in the world 40 years ago and there arent as many people around that grew up on trading cards as video games. pretty much if you have 10 people really into collecting cards there will be more to go around and will demand less money, if you have 1000 people collecting games there will be less to go around and games will demand more money.

Gaming has taken off into a whole new realm, there is simply no where near the supply of older games as the demand. look how large this site has grown in 5 years, from a handful to close to 10 thousand. Personally Im seeing fewer and fewer people interested in sports these days so there is not a large market for sports items. and as far as stamps, coins, rare history items, that is pretty much the ultra rich peoples game. but video games at this point are still pretty affordable. I mean as time progress and technology increases, who knows if the old games might become like a piccaso painting. Art was the big thing during those ages but gaming is of this generation. Maybe not in my lifetime but in the future i could see old games bringing hundreds of thousands of dollars.

name of the game is supply and demand. and from what ive seen over the past 5 years the supply is getting smaller and smaller and the demand is getting bigger and bigger. With the internet the market has gone from local to worldwide.

I can say yes ive griped about prices in the past, but after really thinking about it most games are pretty dirt cheap today. compared to when atari first came out and the average salary of that time. if you sold new systems at the price the atari was when it came out in the 70s compared to the average income of the time. new systems would be 2 to 4 thousand dollars. My first job the minium wage was 2.65 cents a hour, so a 8 hour shift after taxes got you about 18.00 dollars. the atari was 379.00 dollars so you looking at months salary to buy just the system. and games were a two weeks salary. so you can say games are a lot cheaper today,compared to the 70s even though they seem to be high.

What have you done with Doug???????????

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Jun 4, 2012 at 5:29:21 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Doug's statement is so true though. I remember trying to collect the original run of Marvel Star Wars comics from the 70's and I spent years looking for the missing ones. Then along comes the internet and eBay and boom I completed my set in a day. Same with the original 15 series of Garbage Pail Kids and all the appearances of the Punisher in oddball comics I previously couldn't find. Without eBay I never would have completed those sets. Same goes with gaming, coin collecting, and star wars collecting for me.

I always think back to American Pickers and where Mike said to the one seller "Yeah these used to be super rare and valuable but now with the internet there are so many new sellers finding buyers that the price has come down."  Well as Doug said if supply can't keep up with demand prices go up. 

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Edited: 06/04/2012 at 05:31 PM by Braveheart69

Jun 4, 2012 at 5:32:07 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
Originally posted by: Bronty

Originally posted by: wrldstrman

What have you done with Doug???????????

lol i was thinking i just paid 10 dollars for a sandwich and drink, makes paying 10 dollars for a game you will have forever seem like a no brainer 

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Jun 4, 2012 at 5:50:02 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
I just paid $23 to go see Chernobyl Diaries and get popcorn & Pop. I'll never get that back. I'd rather have one of the last few PS1 Longboxes I need instead. Movie sucked, popcorn was great!

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Jun 4, 2012 at 6:52:02 PM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
I remember thinking 10 years ago, I would happy to make 30k a year. But my current salary blows that out of the water.

How much does inflation factor in with all this. I mean 200 dollars is almost like 70 dollars ten years ago. If I look at my salary, a tank of gas, a gallon of milk, a loaf of bread, etc...

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

Jun 4, 2012 at 8:29:21 PM
ccc2021 (2)
(Chris C.) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
Man, and I thought $60 was steep a couple years ago and I passed. I would buy it in a heartbeat now. I've noticed some games are starting to come down in price on eBay lately, but none of the huge $100+ titles have dropped...yet.

Error Machine Podcast 
Error Machine is a comedy podcast featuring a ragtag group consisting of three best friends who just like to sit around and discuss videogames and make fun of each other. Check us out!

Jun 4, 2012 at 8:34:52 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
a complete just sold for 375, holy poop

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Jun 4, 2012 at 9:54:37 PM
WolfAlmighty (3)
(Wolfgang Abenteuer) < Lolo Lord >
Washington
It appears a new title has surfaced to take the overinflated price throne. Hillbilly has started their trickle-out of Sword Master. Someone bought their copy for $60 earlier today (at the time the only copy up on the bay) and they now roll out two more copies - one for $80 and another for $125. I hope nobody buys them at this price...I still need that one dammit.