NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Let's name our unpopular video game opinions here! :D

Jul 28 at 12:00:05 PM
Koopa64 (0)
(Koopinator ) < El Ripper >
Canada
Originally posted by: Californication

This is one of the most under played sections of my library.. prince of Persia is the only one I've beaten.

You're missing Prince of Persia 2, unless it's off camera there.

-------------------------
Lover of Nintendo's original gray box since 2006

Jul 28 at 12:38:38 PM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
Originally posted by: Koopa64

This is one of the most under played sections of my library.. prince of Persia is the only one I've beaten.

It didn't sound like it was worth picking up. Do you like it?

Jul 28 at 2:59:22 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

Originally posted by: Koopa64

Not worth picking up? Whats that mean? Its a nintendo game, you are supposed to want them all. Oh wait thats me.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jul 28 at 3:25:27 PM
Koopa64 (0)
(Koopinator ) < El Ripper >
Canada

Well, the SNES version isn't necessarily the best port, but POP2 never had many ports, the Genesis version got canceled, so I'd say it's worth picking up. You have all the other cinematic platformers, it's time for POP2.

Lover of Nintendo's original gray box since 2006

Jul 28 at 7:20:18 PM
alianger (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
Most of the NES games I see in top lists don't really do it for me. I'm more into the late era games like Crystalis, DuckTales 2 and TMNT 3.

My gaming site (mini-reviews, retro vmg tribute, romhacks, misc. lists): http://minirevver.weebly.com/...

Jul 28 at 8:29:39 PM
CMR (4)
< El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

Originally posted by: Andy_Bogomil

Originally posted by: mbd39

Originally posted by: HammerDaddy

I've only made it some or the way through the original Metroid. It was ok. I've no desire to play any of the rest of the series.
I’ve never been able to play any Metroid game for longer than five minutes. I’ve tried to play the original multiple times because of the clout it totes. I do not enjoy non linear 2d. 

You should give Super Metroid a chance. The mapping and save points make it far more forgiving and easier to navigate than the original.

I don't usually care for non-linear 2D either, btw.

Same. Super Metroid is likely one of my favourite games and I can't really think of another non-linear 2D game I even like. For example, I've tried to play SoTN so many times and just can't get into it.
I have tried super Metroid and didn’t seem to care for it either, although I have only attempted to play it once.

I have tried to play blaster master numerous times because of the clout it totes as well and can’t get more than five minutes in before I’m done. 

i think the original TLOZ is the only non linear 2d game I can think of that I enjoy. I think it’s because of the top down perspective versus the side scrolling view. The top down view just makes more sense to me for a non linear 2d experience. 

You should give the GBA metroids a try.  They're much more linear than the NES, GB and SNES games.  They're broken down into much more descrete areas to explore and Zero Mission even directs you where to go next. 

Also, River City Ransom is way overated.

Edited: 07/28/2019 at 08:30 PM by CMR

Jul 28 at 11:30:10 PM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
Funny.. that's exactly why I don't really dig the GBA versions of Metroid.

Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018. 

Jul 29 at 9:11:09 AM
Wheelcakes (14)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: BouncekDeLemos

Sonic '06 was one of the best 3D Sonic games I've played. I'm dead freakin' serious on that one.

Yeah im gonna agree with you on this. I find the dialouge to be quite funny and the game is more interesting and overall less frustrating then some of the later installments of the 3D series.

KDDK Player  

Jul 29 at 10:55:39 AM
Nightowljrm (42)
(Joseph Morgan) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Wheelcakes

Sonic '06 was one of the best 3D Sonic games I've played. I'm dead freakin' serious on that one.

Yeah im gonna agree with you on this. I find the dialouge to be quite funny and the game is more interesting and overall less frustrating then some of the later installments of the 3D series.

Woah. I can't even begin to fathom this. Though my favorite 3D Sonic is also one not considered one of the best - the Wii U version of Lost World. (The 3DS one is far inferior, despite somehow getting marginally better reviews)

Jul 29 at 11:00:33 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: CMR

You should give the GBA metroids a try.  They're much more linear than the NES, GB and SNES games.  They're broken down into much more descrete areas to explore and Zero Mission even directs you where to go next. 

Metroid 2 (GB) is pretty linear, by Metroid-standards...  (it just doesn't have the helpful map markers of the GBA games)

Jul 29 at 11:32:10 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

Originally posted by: HammerDaddy

I've only made it some or the way through the original Metroid. It was ok. I've no desire to play any of the rest of the series.
I’ve never been able to play any Metroid game for longer than five minutes. I’ve tried to play the original multiple times because of the clout it totes. I do not enjoy non linear 2d. 

You may have enjoyed it as a kid more than you would as an adult picking it up for the first time.   I enjoyed it as a kid (but I had a code that was even better than "Justin Bailey"; all you had to do was get the ice gun, energy block, and add some more missiles and you were good to go on beating the second Mother Brain).

Jul 29 at 12:34:18 PM
Wheelcakes (14)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Nightowljrm

Originally posted by: Wheelcakes

Woah. I can't even begin to fathom this. Though my favorite 3D Sonic is also one not considered one of the best - the Wii U version of Lost World. (The 3DS one is far inferior, despite somehow getting marginally better reviews)

I think lost world is quite alright aswell, but i do hate the villians. Part of the problem i feel is that the game came right after sonic generations. Also for lost world (3ds) i could not stand the sphere challenges at all.

KDDK Player  

Edited: 07/29/2019 at 12:35 PM by Wheelcakes

Jul 29 at 1:19:58 PM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
I like Street Fighter Ex3.

I did not like Super Punch-out!!

I liked Star Wars Obi-Wan, but I hated Jedi Knight II after loving Jedi Knight.

The GameCube was the best console of that generation.

Games are generally too much of a time suck these past generations. I understand paying for value, but I have a family now, and I want to be able to pick up games and beat them in a few hours or be able to pick them up where I left them without forgetting the story or where I've been.

Edit: Oh, and I hate games like Destiny. I put a lot of hours into that game only to realize how much it felt like a job to do my daily, weekly, nightfall, raids, etc every week. Finally, I just said all this grinding is not fun.

Edited: 07/29/2019 at 01:28 PM by punch-out!!84