Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

any plans for game shrines?

Apr 18, 2007 at 1:32:59 AM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
I have seen the game info pages on this site, and I think they are excellent indeed. They are very informative and have tons of info. I just wondered if it is possible anymore to do something like a shrine to really focus on a few selected games? Like for example, to try and track down info on some of the people who actually worked on these games, or find odd facts that no one may know except for the few who worked on them? I dont mean to suggest Dain and Jason need to do more work or anything, but have you found that the more you discover about a subject, the more you want to know? This website is a blessing for the info it does have, but a curse in that you want more and more!!!

Seriously though, Dain and Jason have done amazing work!! (sorry if I left anyone else out, but I dont know if anyone else is involved)

Excellent work as always!!!

Apr 18, 2007 at 11:15:33 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
I've often thought about creating shrine "sponsors" where essentially someone who wants to create a shrine can, and then is allowed to manage it. It would be a link from the main game page most likely. It's something to consider definitely.

Thanks for the props -- it's a lot of work and still a lot to be done

-Dain

Apr 18, 2007 at 11:35:15 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I am glad this was brougt up. Right now we have more technical type info and scans up. We have plans to have game maps, FAQs/walkthroughs, more cheat codes, more screens and lots of other little stuff that is more about gameplay than collecting. We simply don't have the manpower or time to add in all the stuff we already have. Not to mention all the stuff that we are being sent lately. We still need cornerstones for 99% of the games. Having shrines is a great idea, and I like that idea alot to have list game glithces, sprites, midi files, anmitated gifs and all that good stuff. But unless others want to take on this project I don't see it happening for a few years. There is just sooo much to do. But keep the great ideas coming, I know they are tracked and will make it into the site down the road.
~~NGD

-------------------------
Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Apr 18, 2007 at 2:38:23 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Give me a project! I'm bored!

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Apr 18, 2007 at 3:21:07 PM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
How about a shrine for Sword Master? I just got it in the mail from ebay, and I have always loved the label art! Actually, I bought it just for that! I have to say, its not a bad game either. I like the scrolling backgrounds, a la Batman Return of the Joker, nice controls. Does anyone know if this was a sequel to something? I read on the net it was a quasi sequel to Challenge of the Dragon, though I havent played that yet.

Apr 18, 2007 at 4:00:02 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I am still waiting on you to do the I's and send me the info over
~~NGD

Apr 18, 2007 at 4:30:59 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
I'm not sure on Sword Master, but I know that I still need that damn box

-Dain

Apr 18, 2007 at 5:14:20 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Originally posted by: NationalGameDepot

I am still waiting on you to do the I's and send me the info over

~~NGD

I thought I posted that I gave up on that...too much info I don't have readily available to me

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Apr 18, 2007 at 5:48:01 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
All the info is on NintendoAGE (on the game pages) or in ROMs that can be downloaded, tis tis.
~~NGD

Apr 19, 2007 at 4:07:13 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
I can get the barcode numbers off of a ROM? And really, my comp is shittier than your grandpa's diapers, so forgive me for not actually having ROMs.

Apr 19, 2007 at 4:16:05 AM
Hounder (0)
(David Pendergast) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
THis is a great idea. I'd love to be able to add all this Myriad info that I've been collecting for other people to be able to read! Of course, this will only happen AFTER I find the rest of those sealed copies from Myriad, Inc

Hi, my name is David Pendergast, aka:

Jesse Jones
Philip Varney

I scammed people on NintendoAge a while back. Since then, I've been unwelcome. Do not do business with me!