Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Finds of the day

Jun 21, 2012 at 1:02:36 PM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Today I had a free afternoon, so I decided to go hunting for games.  My initial search turned out to be a complete bust, but then someone had suggested that I search in the neighboring town for games.  I asked a few other people about this suggestion and they said that I wasn't likely to find anything over there, but I just had this feeling that I "had to go", even though it meant taking a taxi for a ten minute ride.

When I arrived at the other town, I didn't really see much.  I walked around for while and poked my head into several "potential" shops, but I found nothing.  Everyone told me that I wouldn't find any games here.  Right before giving up, I ended up asking an androgynous female clerk at a modern electronics shop and she told me that she knew of a place that would have some videogames.  She drew a little map for me to follow and I felt like I was truly on a treasure hunt, x (or in this case a circle) marks the spot!

I walked to the game shop and looked around and I really didn't see much at all.  I saw a few Famicom clone systems on the shelf behind the counter, but I figured I would ask about them later.  I first asked the woman if she had any Gameboy items, but all she had was DS stuff and one (expensive) Gameboy Advance multicart featuring many of the first generation NES titles.  I then inquired if she had any games to go with the Famicom clones and she said she did, and she took me to a computer where the titles I could purchase were scanned in.  I saw two cartridges I wanted to buy, one was a multicart and the other was an unlicensed Chinese Mahjong game, but after further inquiry, it turns out that the store did not have these games in stock.  They could special order them for me, but the chances of me heading back to that area in the near future was unlikely, so I decline the offer.  Bah!

The owner did suggest that I check out the bookstore a few doors down, that they might have a few games to look at.  As I walked past the bookstore, I thought "What the heck, let's just stop here for a few minutes."  I walked in and after looking around a bit, I made my way to the small case of videogame gear.  Behind the Nintendo DS I saw a few lone Gameboy Advance titles and I asked to see them.  I saw a few generic GBA multicarts (once again these were expensive), but as I was peering in the case I also happened to catch a glimpse of three Famicom titles.  I grabbed the carts and asked how much they were and the man asked his wife what he should charge for them and she told him that they were broken.  I still insisted that I wanted to buy them, and the man gave them to me free of charge!!!

One of the titles was a bootleg of Baseball Nippon (Not sure of the real name for this game...I loaded it up on my clone but parts were glitchy, so I don't know if it is truly broken or not).  Most exciting though, I found a boxed copy of World Heroes, an unlicensed fighter on the NES.  Great graphics btw.  Some research shows that this game came with a manual too, unfortunately mine was missing that, but hey, for free I won't complain!

-------------------------
-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...