Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

A legend of zelda: link's awakening (nearly flawless box) with an ok manual and cart sold for $600 on ebay

Jul 18 at 9:14:14 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
This is the most insane thing I've ever seen. The box was really nice though, but $600. It goes to show you that collectors with big dollars that want flawless stuff are willing to pay 6 or 7 times book value to get it. Unreal. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Legend-o...

Jul 18 at 9:22:53 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Well shit. Anybody wanna buy my copy? Same condition lol. Actually, better condition considering the insides. My copy's minty on the inside.

-------------------------

Edited: 07/18/2019 at 09:24 PM by Gloves

Jul 18 at 9:25:47 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
The ExciteBike CIB on CLINK sold for like $750 or so, still can't get over that. My max bids on the Zelda graded items were like $200 or so.

Jul 18 at 9:28:15 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
I thought I was going to throw one fidy at it, lol. I wasn't even in the neighborhood.

Jul 18 at 9:29:51 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
For sale, asking $1000. 

Jul 18 at 9:33:31 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
lol, now all you need is too fools to start bidding on it. I bet if you threw it up on ebay, buy it now for $550 it would sell. The guy that lost that auction bid $586 before he bowed out. I would hurry though, strike while the iron is hot.

Jul 18 at 9:35:23 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: 14u2ponder

lol, now all you need is too fools to start bidding on it. I bet if you threw it up on ebay, buy it now for $550 it would sell. The guy that lost that auction bid $586 before he bowed out. I would hurry though, strike while the iron is hot.

Pffff that's half my asking price. I ain't gettin' low-balled.

Jul 18 at 9:36:41 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: Gloves

Pffff that's half my asking price. I ain't gettin' low-balled.

lol

Jul 18 at 9:42:14 PM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
That doesn't surprise me, especially with the release of the new game and some of the sales of other original print stuff. The 1st print market is so hot right now lol.

So crazy that a few games I didn't even realize were first print and picked up cheap are very quickly eclipsing some of my more uncommon games, some of which I paid good money for.

Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018. 

Edited: 07/18/2019 at 09:43 PM by Andy_Bogomil

Jul 18 at 9:46:21 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: Andy_Bogomil

That doesn't surprise me, especially with the release of the new game and some of the sales of other original print stuff. The 1st print market is so hot right now lol.
I don't think that is it. First, there was another complete in box (with all the inserts and better insides) that sold yesterday for $132.50. I just think these dudes lost their minds, plus the fact that the seller put some really nice pictures up and it really did look different that most boxes i've seen.
I bought Kirby's Dream Land from him with a similarly nice box and all I had to spend was $45. I'll take that all day.

Jul 18 at 9:51:51 PM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada

I don't think that is it. First, there was another complete in box (with all the inserts and better insides) that sold yesterday for $132.50. I just think these dudes lost their minds, plus the fact that the seller put some really nice pictures up and it really did look different that most boxes i've seen.
I bought Kirby's Dream Land from him with a similarly nice box and all I had to spend was $45. I'll take that all day.

Yeah, only takes two to tango I guess. Having said that, I think this was in need of correction as the box is somewhat hard to find in really nice shape, it's Zelda, and it's 1st print box. I had no issue selling my CAD version that was in worse shape. Anyway, wouldn't be surprised if this is now the new standard to some regards. We'll see. For me, this is the most excitment I've seen in the collecting scene for a number of years. Some absolutely bonkers sales lately and it's fun to watch.

Jul 18 at 9:53:35 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
I considered getting mine Wata graded, went through the process and everything, but shipping doubles the price so fuck that. And naturally I'd get hit with a hefty customs fee on top of that when it comes back.

Edited: 07/18/2019 at 09:54 PM by Gloves

Jul 18 at 10:02:45 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >

Yeah, only takes two to tango I guess. Having said that, I think this was in need of correction as the box is somewhat hard to find in really nice shape, it's Zelda, and it's 1st print box. I had no issue selling my CAD version that was in worse shape. Anyway, wouldn't be surprised if this is now the new standard to some regards. We'll see. For me, this is the most excitment I've seen in the collecting scene for a number of years. Some absolutely bonkers sales lately and it's fun to watch.

I think it might be. If it is, I'm hoping to find one on mercari at a discount. Shopgoodwill had a pretty nice zelda box and it went for $80 bucks. I was going to bid on it but I forgot.

Jul 18 at 10:07:10 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
VGD (465)
(RL ) < Wiz's Mom >
Michigan
Glad I collected minty stuff over the years. Wowzers

Jul 18 at 10:17:06 PM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
Originally posted by: Gloves

I considered getting mine Wata graded, went through the process and everything, but shipping doubles the price so fuck that. And naturally I'd get hit with a hefty customs fee on top of that when it comes back.

I have had zero interest in grading, especially CIB stuff, but with these recent sales it's definitely got my attention. I'd also be worried about customs opening it up on the way back... they really don't like sealed things sometimes. If they had a Canadian outlet I would definitely consider it for some of my more note worthy games that I likely won't play or could get a cart only copy for super cheap (og SMW, alternate Zomies Ate My neighbors, etc. )

Edited: 07/18/2019 at 11:36 PM by Andy_Bogomil

Jul 18 at 10:42:52 PM
lojack44 (99)
(Logan M) < Kraid Killer >
California
Jeez, I bought mine last month in equal shape online for $110

Jul 19 at 7:34:52 AM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Remaster hype prices....

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Jul 19 at 7:47:31 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Someone message the seller to confirm payment. Sounds like shill bidding or a bid war turned ugly and nobody wanted to lose.

Jul 19 at 8:39:15 AM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

Someone message the seller to confirm payment. Sounds like shill bidding or a bid war turned ugly and nobody wanted to lose.
Well, I won the other auction that he had for Kirby's Dream Land so I messaged him and explained that our website members are interested in this sell and how important it is and the ramifications of it. Hopefully he will get back to me and confirm it and I will report it if he does.

Edited: 07/19/2019 at 08:39 AM by 14u2ponder

Jul 19 at 9:44:54 AM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Any Torontonians wanna meet up and get one big WATA order going, save on shipping? (I'm only half joking)

Jul 19 at 9:48:35 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States

Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

Well, I won the other auction that he had for Kirby's Dream Land so I messaged him and explained that our website members are interested in this sell and how important it is and the ramifications of it. Hopefully he will get back to me and confirm it and I will report it if he does.

Very nice. Thanks!

Jul 19 at 10:35:35 AM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
Looks like there's a minor bend in the top and a tiny dent on the side, plus the contents aren't mint. I get that people will people exponential money for an OCD copy but this just looks like a "regular" near mint copy to me, not the exponential peak of cardboard boxes. Crazy if this sale goes through.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Jul 19 at 11:20:30 AM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
The guy got back to me and he said his buyer paid. So I guess this must be the new standard.

Jul 19 at 11:26:23 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
One high bogus sale doesn't set the norm going forward. One in good shape sold for $135 the exact day before:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Lege...

Sure price may creep up a bit based on a high sale, but Mint 1st print items have always been volatile and can spike unexpectedly. The remake of this game has pushed up the price too, just like the Pokemon Red / Blue / Yellow spike when Pokemon Go caught on.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jul 19 at 11:37:42 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States

The guy got back to me and he said his buyer paid. So I guess this must be the new standard.

One volatile sale for sure doesn't set a standard.